UN warns of ‘blatant disregard for basic humanity’ in Gaza warfare

CharlieH

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

True, except that it isn't true of all Palestinians. Likewise, when somebody wants to thin your population there aren't many choices. In one case its a minority of terrorists and in the other case it's the actual leader of the country.

75% of Palestinians in Gaza support Hamas. Just ask the UN, they employee many of them there.

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

He hasn't called you a terrorist supporter (as he called me one) yet for trying to see the Palestinian point of view.

Belay that remark as I see that you have made his list after all.

ANYBODY that disagrees with his deeply biased view, he considers is a troll.

That is not necessarily the Hamas view.

Yes, and thanks for expressing your views.

Unfortunately, Bkk Brian is not capable of doing that when reacting to posts with which he disagrees. All he apparently is able to do is to revert to calling names. :saai:

11 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Now tell us all that you’re not antisemitic; go on, it will make you feel better, and a warm feeling of impartiality will wash over you; but it won’t fool anyone else.

I'm not "antisemitic." (And just FYI - "Semite" includes BOTH Hebrews and Arabs, not just Hebrews. Look up its definition online.)

I am anti-Hamas and anti-Zionist. I'm not really either pro-Palestine or pro-Israel, but between those two, I am more sympathetic to the Palestinian point of view, which is to regain control their homeland which is being taken over by Israelis. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Unfortunately, Bkk Brian is not capable of doing that when reacting to posts with which he disagrees. All he apparently is able to do is to revert to calling names. :saai:

More than him on here that are incapable of having a rational discussion with their blinkered attitude towards israeli crimes, and resort to name calling. Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, James105 said:

Isreal has the equivalent of ISIS as a neighbour.   Since their ISIS like neighbours invaded their land, killed, raped, mutilated and burned alive 1400 Isreali civilians I don't think there is a country on this earth that would not respond to that kind of barbarism with the full might of their military to ensure it never, ever happens again.   I'm surprised at the restraint Isreal are showing as they have the military capability to raze Gaza to the ground if they chose to do so.   

Obviously it sucks to be a Palestinian just now, especially so if they are one of the small percentage that do not support Hamas or their barbaric actions, but war is a messy business.   If my country (the UK) decided that instead of using a democratic vote to leave the EU and instead decided to send thousands of soldiers to commit murderous atrocities against French civilians I would fully expect the whole of Europe to respond in the same way that Isreal is doing, and I would be cursing the governing body of my own country for causing it and not blaming those that are obliged by their own citizens to do everything in their power to prevent it happening again.  

And from the other perspective, the Zionists in Israel (which used to be called Palestine) have been waging war on the Palestinians for well over 100 years, trying to completely take over their country, which they've effectively done with help from the UN. Now, Palestinians have been compartmentalized into two small areas, Gaza and the West Bank,  while the Zionists in Isreal continue to take over land and squeeze them even further. 

None of this justifies the actions Hamas took on 7 Oct, but neither does it justify the actions the Zionists are now taking in Gaza. They are both guilty of atrocities (again), and I'm sure they will continue. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

🥱

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, radiochaser said:

What do you say about hamas and their violation of, supposedly international law, Rule 97?

https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/en/customary-ihl/v1/rule97#:~:text=of human shields-,Rule 97.,of human shields is prohibited.

I say it was wrong, just as I say the actions the Zionists in Israel are taking in Gaza now. IMO, they are BOTH guilty of war crimes and have been for well over 100 years.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Purdey said:

Most Palestinians don't want a two state solution, they want to kill all Jews "from the river to the sea". 

When someone wants your utter annihilation, there aren't many choices. 

Yes, I agree with everything you said above, especially the last sentence. That also applies to the Zionists in Israel. They want to completely take over what used to be called "Palestine" and either expel all non-Jews or allow them to live in what is now called "Israel" as some lower-class citizens. :saai:

10 hours ago, James105 said:

Isreal has the equivalent of ISIS as a neighbour.   Since their ISIS like neighbours invaded their land, killed, raped, mutilated and burned alive 1400 Isreali civilians I don't think there is a country on this earth that would not respond to that kind of barbarism with the full might of their military to ensure it never, ever happens again.   I'm surprised at the restraint Isreal are showing as they have the military capability to raze Gaza to the ground if they chose to do so.   

Obviously it sucks to be a Palestinian just now, especially so if they are one of the small percentage that do not support Hamas or their barbaric actions, but war is a messy business.   If my country (the UK) decided that instead of using a democratic vote to leave the EU and instead decided to send thousands of soldiers to commit murderous atrocities against French civilians I would fully expect the whole of Europe to respond in the same way that Isreal is doing, and I would be cursing the governing body of my own country for causing it and not blaming those that are obliged by their own citizens to do everything in their power to prevent it happening again.  

What a load of <deleted>. However many israelis were killed on October 7 it's more than compensated for by the MANY thousands of dead and even more THOUSANDS of wounded Palestinians, not counting those still buried alive under the rubble. This is just murder in revenge, and eventually even the "do nothing" western governments are going to have to pressure the US to stop israel committing this outrageous barabarity on an almost defenseless population. Shame on every western government that colludes in this obscenity by barbarians.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, I agree with everything you said above, especially the last sentence. That also applies to the Zionists in Israel. They want to completely take over what used to be called "Palestine" and either expel all non-Jews or allow them to live in what is now called "Israel" as some lower-class citizens. :saai:

As heard on Al Jazeera it's becoming clear that israel actually does have a plan for after, and it's to take over all Palestinian territory by force. Everything they are doing is designed to make Gaza unlivable, and IMO the atrocities being committed daily in the West Bank are designed to foment a rebellion which would give them an excuse to destroy all Palestinian infrastructure and drive them either into exile or into the desert.

They may think they have won, as they will win the conflict in israel, unless the US is forced by outrage to stop the plan, but they will live in fear of revenge from every Palestinian living outside israel. Even if the conflict stopped tomorrow, it's likely gone too far to have anything resembling peace after. Has netanyahu and his cronies forgotten how many Palestinians live outside Palestine, safe from israeli terror? Endless war awaits israel.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What a load of <deleted>. However many israelis were killed on October 7 it's more than compensated for by the MANY thousands of dead and even more THOUSANDS of wounded Palestinians, not counting those still buried alive under the rubble. This is just murder in revenge, and eventually even the "do nothing" western governments are going to have to pressure the US to stop israel committing this outrageous barabarity on an almost defenseless population. Shame on every western government that colludes in this obscenity by barbarians.

to be clear I am not accusing all israelis of being barbarians, just the ones ordering the bombing of children and those doing it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As heard on Al Jazeera it's becoming clear that israel actually does have a plan for after, and it's to take over all Palestinian territory by force. Everything they are doing is designed to make Gaza unlivable, and IMO the atrocities being committed daily in the West Bank are designed to foment a rebellion which would give them an excuse to destroy all Palestinian infrastructure and drive them either into exile or into the desert.

They may think they have won, as they will win the conflict in israel, unless the US is forced by outrage to stop the plan, but they will live in fear of revenge from every Palestinian living outside israel. Even if the conflict stopped tomorrow, it's likely gone too far to have anything resembling peace after. Has netanyahu and his cronies forgotten how many Palestinians live outside Palestine, safe from israeli terror? Endless war awaits israel.

Yes, I agree. And now, all the talk about Israel knowing about the Oct 7 attack but failing to act leads me to SPECULATE that they grossly underestimated Hama's ability to carry it out and chose to allow it to happen so they would have an excuse to go into Gaza. Whether that is true or not is really not important now. Hamas attacked on Oct 7 and committed many atrocities, which, of course, the Zionists in Israel are now using as justification to completely decimate Gaza. 

That's my interpretation of what is now happening. :saai: This interpretation places blame on BOTH parties and is not intended to give support to either one. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

That's because you didn't read the posts where I condemned Hamas. More projection.

Another deflection from you. My comment wasn't about you 'condemning' Hamas - but with you making a fuss over people placing emoticons reactions to posts where Palestinian casualties are mentioned - and not expressing such faux outrage when the same is applied to posts mentioning Israeli casualties.

Just now, WDSmart said:

Yes, I agree. And now, all the talk about Israel knowing about the Oct 7 attack but failing to act leads me to SPECULATE that they grossly underestimated Hama's ability to carry it out and chose to allow it to happen so they would have an excuse to go into Gaza. Whether that is true or not is really not important now. Hamas attacked on Oct 7 and committed many atrocities, which, of course, the Zionists in Israel are now using as justification to completely decimate Gaza. 

That's my interpretation of what is now happening. :saai: This interpretation places blame on BOTH parties and is not intended to give support to either one. 

There are various theories put forward about how it happened. One is that the blockade was too automated, another that the israelis were too complacent and arrogantly disregarded any info as being irrelevant.

If it was known about long ago, it could be that they had the response plan in place and were just waiting for the excuse to put it into action, as we see now.

I don't believe that they didn't have a plan, as some claim. It all seems too organised.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, ozimoron said:

True, except that it isn't true of all Palestinians. Likewise, when somebody wants to thin your population there aren't many choices. In one case its a minority of terrorists and in the other case it's the actual leader of the country.

Where did you get this 'wants to thin your population' bit? I rather think Israel would be happier is the Hamas would come out in the open. It's Hamas's choice to use the Gazans as human shields, call on them to face Israeli attacks and refer to their deaths as 'necessary sacrifices for the cause'. I get it that your agenda requires that the role of Hamas be minimized, but that doesn't have a whole lot to do with reality - Hamas is a popular movement, not a few cells of terrorists. They are/were the government in the Gaza Strip for over a decade now.

21 hours ago, Morch said:

Wish the UN would have been as 'concerned' regarding the 7/10 attack. Or for that matter, not shy away from holding Hamas accountable, at least in part, to what's going on in the Gaza Strip.

Concerning conflicts, as you know, as of its self, UN has no power of enforcement and heavily constrained by organisational . structure for decision making e.g. Security Council.  However, UN does deliver a great deal of services for the less fortunate. Anyway... Secretary-General Strongly Condemns Attack by Hamas.

https://press.un.org/en/2023/sgsm21981.doc.htm

What has the UN done and said on the Israel-Palestine conflict?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/25/what-has-the-un-done-on-the-israel-palestine-conflict

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I'm not "antisemitic." (And just FYI - "Semite" includes BOTH Hebrews and Arabs, not just Hebrews. Look up its definition online.)

I am anti-Hamas and anti-Zionist. I'm not really either pro-Palestine or pro-Israel, but between those two, I am more sympathetic to the Palestinian point of view, which is to regain control their homeland which is being taken over by Israelis. 

No, it is very clear what you are. There aren't many instances where one runs into this anachronistic, convulsed rhetoric about 'Zionists'. This is usually taken up by the Hamas (and other Palestinian terrorist organizations), Iran (and various proxies), North Korea or antisemitic movements/websites. Your nonsense word games are meaningless - the roots of the term are clear, and so is its normal application. Insisting on this is, again, something that can be expected from those on the list above. The Palestinians 'regaining their homeland' essentially implies the destruction of Israel.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

More than him on here that are incapable of having a rational discussion with their blinkered attitude towards israeli crimes, and resort to name calling. Pathetic.

@thaibeachlovers

Coming from someone with an extensive 'ignore' list, thus (supposedly...you obviously cheat) not reading a whole lot of comments, how would you know? Also, since one of your 'trademarks' is announcing you put people on 'ignore' when they counter your nonsense - the comment above must have been tongue in cheek.

Hamas started something it can't finish, and at what costs? thousands of lives, utter ruins of towns and cities and infrastructure, and the culling of its leadership, is it worth it? Israel will not rest until Hamas and its ilk will be decimated no matter what the costs are...

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

Hamas started something it can't finish, and at what costs? thousands of lives, utter ruins of towns and cities and infrastructure, and the culling of its leadership, is it worth it? Israel will not rest until Hamas and its ilk will be decimated no matter what the costs are...

Hamas does not care, Hamas believes the sacrifice of Palestinian people is justified for their goals of wiping out Israel.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

And from the other perspective, the Zionists in Israel (which used to be called Palestine) have been waging war on the Palestinians for well over 100 years, trying to completely take over their country, which they've effectively done with help from the UN. Now, Palestinians have been compartmentalized into two small areas, Gaza and the West Bank,  while the Zionists in Isreal continue to take over land and squeeze them even further. 

None of this justifies the actions Hamas took on 7 Oct, but neither does it justify the actions the Zionists are now taking in Gaza. They are both guilty of atrocities (again), and I'm sure they will continue. 

There was no Israeli attempt, in 1948, to conquer all the land in question. The 1949 lines were not that different from the 1947 partition lines. If you deny and reject the 1947 UN partition plan and vote then you effectively reject the basis for Palestinian nationhood as well. The UN did not 'effectively' help in the manner you imply. Israel does not seem to be invested in taking over the Gaza Strip - that's something you claim.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I say it was wrong, just as I say the actions the Zionists in Israel are taking in Gaza now. IMO, they are BOTH guilty of war crimes and have been for well over 100 years.

Both are wrong, but you only complain about the Israelis?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Considering that yesterday you were claiming there are only 'a few' Israeli soldiers in the Gaza Strip, your take on things seems a bit dodgy.

58 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Nonsense.

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

The Palestinians 'regaining their homeland' essentially implies the destruction of Israel.

And, the Israelis "regaining their homeland" essentially implies the destruction of Palestine.

That, in essence, is the root of all this 100+ year conflict. :saai:

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hamas does not care, Hamas believes the sacrifice of Palestinian people is justified for their goals of wiping out Israel.

Not only that, but I watched a video in which a hamas leader claimed that Israel and the United Nations are responsible for the palestinian people, not hamas,  (and if I recall correctly) that hamas is only responsible for hamas soldiers!

• Agree 1