UN warns of ‘blatant disregard for basic humanity’ in Gaza warfare

CharlieH

14 hours ago, Morch said:
14 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, they are to the extent they think they can get away with.

So that's not much considering the remaining population, and probably going nowhere at this pace....which they would be aware of. How does that fit with the rest of your narrative?

Morch, If you are (I was) referring to my comment that the Zionist factions in Israel are moving forward to entirely take over Palestine, I mean they are proceeding as fast as they can without losing the support of their allies, like my country, the USA, who are already telling them to ease off a little. (According to the conspiracy-filled sources I listen to, like CNN :wink:

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wrong. There are plenty and killing israeli soldiers to boot. Israelis are finding that it's not so easy killing Palestinians when they can shoot back.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-12-05/ty-article/five-israeli-soldiers-killed-monday-in-gaza-fighting/0000018c-3966-dc03-a9ec-3d7fe0ab0000

Five Israeli Soldiers Killed Monday in Gaza Fighting

@thaibeachlovers

Reports suggest about 5000 dead Hamas men. Maybe it's them that find facing an army geared for war is not the same as slaughtering civilians, raping women, chopping off people and so on. As for Israel's casualties, so far they are lower than initially expected, mostly because of the tactics used.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

More than made up for it in the West Bank since though. Now illegal settlements are springing up like mushrooms in the West Bank.

@thaibeachlovers

All the more reason for the Palestinians to try for a peace agreement. Doesn't seem that violence does them much good.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I respect your comment this time, but wonder what you meant by "have knowledge about." Isn't your "knowledge about" this subject, Israel/Palestine, based on what you read or hear on the news? And that's the same source as mine.

Even if your same same assumption would be correct (addressed many times on this forum over the years), there would still be the issue of you either not comprehending what you claim to read or choose bad sources. Considering the amount of falsehoods, misinformation, nonsense and mistakes your posts contain - this is one of your silliest yet.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Morch, If you are (I was) referring to my comment that the Zionist factions in Israel are moving forward to entirely take over Palestine, I mean they are proceeding as fast as they can without losing the support of their allies, like my country, the USA, who are already telling them to ease off a little. (According to the conspiracy-filled sources I listen to, like CNN :wink:

Are there non-Zionist factions in Israel? If so, I assume they (lie you) support hamas, yes? 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

btk, I checked out mediabiasfactcheck on mediabiasfactcheck, and the score was "Least Biased." The results of this site sound a lot like what you, Morch, and Yellowtail think of yourselves. :wink:

Now your just blatantly lying.

https://mondoweiss.net/

Detailed Report
Reasoning: Antisemitic Propaganda, Hate Group, Misinformation

image.png.e99cb6e46973cf222abee7f0a075d7eb.png

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I agree, but this is what I read from the sources I visit or listen to on my TV (CNN). Also, I don't sit and read and listen to EVERYTHING they say. I just pick up snippets here and there, and that's enough for me to form an opinion and make some speculations. I know NOTHING I see or read can actually be counted on to be the truth, so I have to use my own judgment (not some other online source) on that. That's how I've operated my entire life and I'm not going to change that now. 

It doesn't matter how you try to excuse things or explain them away - being informed, and how one goes about it is a choice. The end result is not always the same. Claiming your follow news regarding this, even 'snippets', and then not being aware Israeli forces have been in Gaza for weeks is either bizarre or supports the notion that information processing issues are involved. Of course, you could simply be baiting.

27 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

They are opinions, so are yours. Neither are "facts." None of us know the "facts" for sure. We all just listen and read, and then form our opinions. 

Facts Do Not Exist, Say Clueless Poster.

21 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

That's more of your 'Zionist' nonsense. The USA government deals with Israel and Israelis.

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Are there non-Zionist factions in Israel? If so, I assume they (lie you) support hamas, yes? 

There are, and you are wrong.

Orthodox Jews are generally anti-Zionist. Doesn't stop them from partaking in government, mind. A tiny splinter of that actually supports Hamas, Iran and so on. Arab citizens of Israel are generally anti-Zionist, as well - on the whole maybe sympathizing with the Palestinians, but generally not Hamas fans either. In both cases, maybe non-Zionist would be a better term, as they aren't outright hostile most of the time.

20 minutes ago, Morch said:

Even if your same same assumption would be correct (addressed many times on this forum over the years), there would still be the issue of you either not comprehending what you claim to read or choose bad sources. Considering the amount of falsehoods, misinformation, nonsense and mistakes your posts contain - this is one of your silliest yet.

And what makes you so sure your sources are the "truth"? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, I'm sure there are non-Zionist factions in Israel. But, they would not support Hamas. Those who support any agreement with Palestinians, like a two-state solution, or a one-state with equal citizenship, would not, IMO, be what I refer to as "Zionists." 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

btk, I checked out mediabiasfactcheck on mediabiasfactcheck, and the score was "Least Biased." The results of this site sound a lot like what you, Morch, and Yellowtail think of yourselves. :wink:

btk, you misread my post (again). I checked out mediabiasfactcheck on its own site, not one of the sites I used. :smile:

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Excellent, well reasoned out response and completely on topic and not in contravention of any forum rules. Well done, and keep 'em coming as we all enjoy your brilliant posts.

More interesting than the daily drivel we get from you no doubt.

Are you going to tell on me?

Edited by sungod
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Morch said:

It doesn't matter how you try to excuse things or explain them away - being informed, and how one goes about it is a choice. The end result is not always the same. Claiming your follow news regarding this, even 'snippets', and then not being aware Israeli forces have been in Gaza for weeks is either bizarre or supports the notion that information processing issues are involved. Of course, you could simply be baiting.

I am not "baiting" or trolling. I am just stating the truth. I post what I believe according to the sources I've seen and read. Most of the news on this subject has been on CNN. When I access the Internet for backup of something I write, I search for it and am not overly concerned with the source since I know the sources on the Internet is not something you can count on anyway.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, I'm sure there are non-Zionist factions in Israel. But, they would not support Hamas. Those who support any agreement with Palestinians, like a two-state solution, or a one-state with equal citizenship, would not, IMO, be what I refer to as "Zionists." 

I see the old "if you don't support israel you must be a supporter of terrorists" BS is being trotted out.

Do they call Jews that oppose the israeli actions in Gaza anti semitic?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Morch said:

That's more of your 'Zionist' nonsense. The USA government deals with Israel and Israelis.

Yes, and there are Zionist factions within Israel and Israelis. There are also peaceful factions. I don't know why you can't understand and admit this. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not only are you a troll, your additionally a liar and dishonest debater, go away

What! I checked this site out on its own site, and it came out "Least Biased." I'd expect you to agree with that. Are you reading my posts or just replying with insults?

My sarcastic comment was it seems to me that you, btk Brian, Morch, and several others think you are also "Least Biased." What's trolling, lying, or dishonest about that?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

What! I checked this site out on its own site, and it came out "Least Biased." I'd expect you to agree with that. Are you reading my posts or just replying with insults?

My sarcastic comment was it seems to me that you, btk Brian, Morch, and several others think you are also "Least Biased." What's trolling, lying, or dishonest about that?

🥱

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I see the old "if you don't support israel you must be a supporter of terrorists" BS is being trotted out.

Do they call Jews that oppose the israeli actions in Gaza anti semitic?

No, I wouldn't call Jews that oppose the current Israeli military actions in Gaza "anti-Semitic." In fact, if I had to use that term, I would call them "pro-Semitic," since they would seem to support non-violence against Palestinian civilians. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

🥱

Again, no answer to my question. If you read any more of my posts, which you've said you wouldn't do, please read them carefully before responding, especially if you intend to respond with just insults and not actual comments on what I've written. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Again, no answer to my question. If you read any more of my posts, which you've said you wouldn't do, please read them carefully before responding, especially if you intend to respond with just insults and not actual comments on what I've written. 

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not only are you a troll, your additionally a liar and dishonest debater, go away

• Like 1

Hamas's Western Apologists Have Become Hamas Enthusiasts. As a Gazan, I'm Horrified | Opinion

Yet Hamas' Oct. 7 massacre of 1,200 Israelis, mostly civilians, has bred a far more disturbing form of Hamas apologia. Instead of their usual distracting methods, this time you had people actually gleefully endorsing Oct. 7 as a form of legitimate armed resistance to occupation. Others attempted to "contextualize" the attack by pointing out the conditions in Gaza and the overall injustices experienced by Palestinians. Still others tried to downplay the atrocities themselves—either their horrific nature or the numbers involved.

https://www.newsweek.com/hamass-western-apologists-have-become-hamas-enthusiasts-gazan-im-horrified-opinion-1849228

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

And what makes you so sure your sources are the "truth"? 

For starters, I'm aware that Israeli troops have been operating inside the Gaza Strip for weeks.....Came as news to you the other day, didn't it?

27 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

That would be you being clueless again.

There are anti-Zionist groups in Israel which do support Hamas etc. but they are fringe.

Most of Israel's Center-Left parties and voter base are, more or less, in favor of reaching some sort of agreement/understanding with the Palestinians. The vast majority of these are Zionists.

There are far left elements which aren't Zionist, and are in support of an agreement with the Palestinians - but do not support Hamas.

Your usage of the term 'Zionist' is out of touch with reality and fact.

26 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I am not "baiting" or trolling. I am just stating the truth. I post what I believe according to the sources I've seen and read. Most of the news on this subject has been on CNN. When I access the Internet for backup of something I write, I search for it and am not overly concerned with the source since I know the sources on the Internet is not something you can count on anyway.

And somehow, even despite all you efforts, you still manage to get it wrong more often than not. Doesn't give you pause, obviously.