Study: Getting Vaccinated May Be Your Best Protection from Long COVID

TallGuyJohninBKK

Screenshot_6.jpg.5f2d046adca7ca3564ff7c97b36bc30a.jpg

November 22, 2023

"People vaccinated before their first case of COVID-19 are diagnosed with Long COVID almost four times less than unvaccinated people, suggests a large new study published Nov. 22 in the BMJ.

The new study offers encouraging evidence that people who get vaccinated before their first COVID-19 case are at significantly lower risk of developing long-term symptoms like brain fog and fatigue, with each additional dose received prior to infection offering extra protection.

A single pre-infection dose of one of the original COVID-19 vaccines reduced the risk of Long COVID by 21%, two doses by 59%, and three or more doses by 73%, the researchers estimated."

(more)

https://time.com/6338434/vaccination-long-covid-risk/

Studies suggest even one vaccine dose may cut risk of long COVID

November 29, 2023

Two new analyses from Sweden and Pakistan published in BMJ highlight the benefits of partial or full COVID-19 vaccination in preventing persistent symptoms.

Vaccination tied to 58% lower risk of long COVID

In Sweden, University of Gothenburg researchers led an observational evaluation of the efficacy of primary COVID-19 vaccination (two doses followed by a booster) against long COVID, or post-COVID condition (PCC), among adults whose first infections were recorded in a national registry from December 2020 to February 2022. Average follow-up was 129 days.

Of all participants vaccinated before infection, 0.4% were diagnosed as having long COVID during follow-up, compared with 1.4% of their 290,030 unvaccinated peers, a nearly four-fold difference."

(more)

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/studies-suggest-even-one-vaccine-dose-may-cut-risk-long-covid

I had Covid a few months ago, on day 1 I had a mild fever, then it turned into a full on cold type thing (constant runny nose, sneezing, coughing and sore throat) for the next 3 days (notably the fever did not return after day 1) and then it stopped.

I had a bit of 'clearing the throat' for about another week, then it was completely gone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, connda said:

Get your Covid mRNA shots as frequently as they are offered.  The more the better.  Especially if you are fearful, then get shots as often as possible.  If you get the shots, you won't get Covid, but if you do get Covid, you won't get long Covid.  And if you do get long Covid, it won't be as long as anti-vaxxers.  And if it is as long as anti-vaxxers, then you didn't have enough shots.  Get them today.  And tomorrow too!  Safe and Effective. 

And if you die with Covid after all those shots, or due to a side effect of the vaccine ...

... oh well ... :coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

ICMRA statement on the safety of COVID-19 vaccines

(International Coalition of Medicines Regulatory Authorities)

"Evidence from the more than 13 billions of vaccine doses given worldwide shows that COVID-19 vaccines have a very good safety profile in all age groups. The benefits of the approved vaccines far outweigh the possible risks."

As for all medicines, reports of medical events after COVID-19 vaccination (suspected side effects) are collected and continuously evaluated by the authorities. These evaluations show that in most cases the medical events were not caused by the vaccine.

False and misleading information about the safety of COVID-19 vaccines on social media often exaggerates the frequency and severity of side effects. Misinformation also wrongly attributes unrelated medical events to the vaccines."

https://icmra.info/drupal/strategicinitiatives/vaccines/safety_statement

• Confused 1

Between July 2021 and August 2022 I had one Janssen and four Moderna.  From March 2022 to March 2023 I had a very high burden of PVCs, up to 40000 a day during Jan-Feb 23. Coincidence? 

Oh I also had Covid in July 2022.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Between July 2021 and August 2022 I had one Janssen and four Moderna.  From March 2022 to March 2023 I had a very high burden of PVCs, up to 40000 a day during Jan-Feb 23. Coincidence? 

Oh I also had Covid in July 2022.

Heart-disease risk soars after COVID — even with a mild case

Massive study shows a long-term, substantial rise in risk of cardiovascular disease, including heart attack and stroke, after a SARS-CoV-2 infection.

10 February 2022

"Even a mild case of COVID-19 can increase a person’s risk of cardiovascular problems for at least a year after diagnosis, a new study1 shows. Researchers found that rates of many conditions, such as heart failure and stroke, were substantially higher in people who had recovered from COVID-19 than in similar people who hadn’t had the disease."

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Scare mongering nonsense. The who are crooks. 86yo dies with covid it wasn't covid that killed them. It was weak heart and old age.

And of course, you're going to ignore the doctors' medical certificates that specifically find those classified as COVID deaths in fact died primarily due to COVID or with COVID as a contributing factor.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

95% of USA covid deaths were aged 50yo+ that means it is weaker heart, lungs, poor health killing people

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/info-2020/coronavirus-deaths-older-adults.html

The first part I assume is more or less true... The second part is your unsourced and unsubstantiated nonsense.

COVID: millions of older people have died without being counted

"The WHO global estimates on excess deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic raise many uncomfortable truths about how we as a global community value the lives of older people and those in low- and middle-income countries.

Many of those older people who died may have lived five, 10, 20 years or more – in one study published in the BMJ, additional years of life lost in 31 countries in 2020 alone were estimated at more than 28 million and concentrated among older people. The loss of these individuals to their families and communities is unquantifiable."

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/covid-millions-older-people-have-died-without-being-counted

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

But they're in the hospital and dying because of COVID...at least when their death certificates say so.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But they're in the hospital and dying because of COVID...at least when their death certificates say so.

They died with covid. Who knows how longer they live without. Flus kill people.

The world is overpopulated anyway. Need to cull another 2bn.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The first part I assume is more or less true... The second part is your unsourced and unsubstantiated nonsense.

COVID: millions of older people have died without being counted

"The WHO global estimates on excess deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic raise many uncomfortable truths about how we as a global community value the lives of older people and those in low- and middle-income countries.

Many of those older people who died may have lived five, 10, 20 years or more – in one study published in the BMJ, additional years of life lost in 31 countries in 2020 alone were estimated at more than 28 million and concentrated among older people. The loss of these individuals to their families and communities is unquantifiable."

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/covid-millions-older-people-have-died-without-being-counted

Stress because of covid will get you, not just covid.

1 hour ago, connda said:

Get your Covid mRNA shots as frequently as they are offered.  The more the better.  Especially if you are fearful, then get shots as often as possible.  If you get the shots, you won't get Covid, but if you do get Covid, you won't get long Covid.  And if you do get long Covid, it won't be as long as anti-vaxxers.  And if it is as long as anti-vaxxers, then you didn't have enough shots.  Get them today.  And tomorrow too!  Safe and Effective. 

Yet to meet an "anti-vaxxer" that has "long covid", I wonder why? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

Yet to meet an "anti-vaxxer" that has "long covid", I wonder why? 

"Of all participants vaccinated before infection, 0.4% were diagnosed as having long COVID during follow-up, compared with 1.4% of their 290,030 unvaccinated peers, a nearly four-fold difference."

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/studies-suggest-even-one-vaccine-dose-may-cut-risk-long-covid

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bignok said:

WHO is corrupt

Exactly what I want to know too. 

The truth is misinformation is now so great that few have a clue what is real. Common sense is now your best defense, and ignoring what is not backed by reliable information. 

Does anyone really believe millions died from vaccines with no verifiable evidence? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

November 22, 2023

"People vaccinated before their first case of COVID-19 are diagnosed with Long COVID almost four times less than unvaccinated people, suggests a large new study published Nov. 22 in the BMJ.

A single pre-infection dose of one of the original COVID-19 vaccines reduced the risk of Long COVID by 21%, two doses by 59%, and three or more doses by 73%, the researchers estimated."

~ I highlighted some words used in your post (fromt the Times article).

Also of interest is the long Funding and Competing Interests overview of the authors in the original study...

= = =

Note: And judging from the responses your post received, people are waking up to the covid vax-sham.... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

~ I highlighted some words used in your post (fromt the Times article). 

I suggest you don't step out into traffic because recent studies estimate high risk of getting run over. Still a problem?

Meanwhile, let's see what else the study says

https://www.bmj.com/content/383/bmj-2023-076990

"Results Of 299 692 vaccinated individuals with covid-19, 1201 (0.4%) had a diagnosis of PCC during follow-up, compared with 4118 (1.4%) of 290 030 unvaccinated individuals. Covid-19 vaccination with any number of doses before infection was associated with a reduced risk of PCC (adjusted hazard ratio 0.42, 95% confidence interval 0.38 to 0.46), with a vaccine effectiveness of 58%. Of the vaccinated individuals, 21 111 received one dose only, 205 650 received two doses, and 72 931 received three or more doses. Vaccine effectiveness against PCC for one dose, two doses, and three or more doses was 21%, 59%, and 73%, respectively." (bolded, underlined mine)

again, only louder this time for the cheap seats: ~"Vaccine effectiveness against Post Covid-19 Condition ... WAS (bolded capping mine) 21%, 59%, and 73%". Guess they must've misspelled *has been suggested by the evidence to be* as *was*, huh?

• Thumbs Up 1