Not drinking

bignok

13 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Iam not in denial.

Drink beers every day.

Weekends not unusual to crack a frothy before sunrise.

i know some alcoholics in denial, drink every day but don't acknowledge they have a problem, to be fair it's not a big issue until many years later. Actually they have some days off and think that means they're ok, big mood swings

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thumbs Up 2

I stopped drinking alcohol over a year ago.  No particular reason for that decision, bar I really didn't need it anymore.  I don't miss it and hardly think about it any more.  I don't say that I will never drink again, but I see no reason to do so at this time. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Crickey, I'd be passed out by noon. 

Seems like a waste of a day. 

If you time it right, you can get maybe 3 drunks in in a day. Drink, pass out, wake up, repeat... They're out there. You drive by them every morning when they're drinking at 7:00 am. 

• Haha 1

There's a 7-Eleven on Soi Buakhao (opposite soi LK), if you go in there a few minutes before 2pm, the fridge shutters are already down and they're hurrying you up.

There's an old Thai woman working there that's yelling at the staff, warning them that 2pm is approaching and it's shut off time for grog. 

They give a dirty look, like I'm some sort of horrible creature drinking beer at 2pm. 

I got angry with them saying I'm not a drunk, just a customer.

Customer is always right. (not in Thailand) 😂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I quit drinking when I turned 18 and could legally enter pubs , reckon I have drank more alcohol prior to 18 years old than after , I never could handle it and got drunk far too easy and had terrible hangovers , my mother was the same , had an intolerance to alcohol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bignok said:

After 2 weeks no booze it's boring to be honest. I don't need it daily but no alcohol is boring. Maybe 1 day a week is best.

I haven't touched alcohol for 3 years.

Still go out to meet friends, sometimes to bars where they will drink and I just have soda water. 

Not drinking doesn't mean you can't go out like you did when you were drinking.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gargamon said:

If you time it right, you can get maybe 3 drunks in in a day. Drink, pass out, wake up, repeat... They're out there. You drive by them every morning when they're drinking at 7:00 am. 

There's a few bars on Soi Buakhao that have guys drinking beers at 7am.

They are probably doing the same, morning drink, get drunk, have a sleep, wake up and do it again etc. 

• Love It 1

Before covid I'd have a few mates (a dozen or so) living here who were also working off shore.

If we were in town we'd meet up once a hitch, sit in a bar for 6 or so hours drinking a dozen beers, getting drunk, talking crap.

Sadly, there'd be the occasional fist fight etc.

I wasted too many hours over the many years spending half the day in bars, drinking too many beers and talking crap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

you don't know what you've been missing ......    you'd be a real fun person to talk to the bar. :tongue:

I have found most drunks are so incoherent, it's torture trying to make sense of what they are saying. Probably why I have not been in a bar for 7 or 8 years.

• Like 1