Where are you doing Xmas Day?

georgegeorgia

Well.xmas is before us again

I often think of those of you who are single expats whether your in Thailand Philippines or Cambodia who this special day you will be with or will you be by yourself

I remember a few years ago visiting a friend in the sad Nirun Apartments in Pattaya ,walking through the dark sad corridors to see the apartment doors open and a lonely old shirtless farang laying in the Bed with a bottle all by himself

So wherever you are in the World what's your plans Xmas day?

For those in Asia and single do you plan on going to a bar Xmas dinner?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

I hate Xmas day and for those of us old we sometimes have bad memories 

Also my brother used to be a policeman in Australia,every Xmas day it was calls out to family fights at Xmas family parties , old uncle Joe gets drunk has a fight with Uncle Ben he hasn't seen since 1974 etc 

They call the cops then don't want to lay charges 

Same with domestics in Xmas day all getting drunk and fighting

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 2

Will be a pleasant day like every other for me here. I will stay at home with my books, and b/f will head to the family farm 40km away as always.

The only thing that distinguishes Xmas for me here is the leadup, requiring email messages of good cheer to assorted family & friends back in the Antipodes.

New Year will be celebrated en famille at the farm. Dinner outside sitting on mats (and a small plastic chair for elderly Falang).

What we're really looking forward to is a week in BKK in January. Always enjoy the stay. Always enjoy the return home.

• Thumbs Up 1

1st choice is the legendary 4 Seasons Christmas Buffet. At $200 a head (includes open pour), I will fast the night before. I thought about spending the night before there. It's $2,200 a night, 3 night minimum. Chiang Mai is back.

Alternate is Why Not? Italian near my house, about 2,000 baht for a 5 courser with a couple or carafe's of house wine. If some people from our building go, we'll probably follow. There has been tentative murmuring.

Duke's at Maya Mall has an impressive spread for 800 baht. Kantari Hills too. Last year, all of the above were booked out on the day.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Seafood buffet

My preferred Christmas dinner in Australia was a King Island crayfish with salad and a Vasse Felix dry white. I always thought stuffing myself with a roast dinner and plum pudding only made me uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My preferred Christmas dinner in Australia was a King Island crayfish with salad and a Vasse Felix dry white. I always thought stuffing myself with a roast dinner and plum pudding only made me uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

Beers n oysters

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, mfd101 said:

New Year will be celebrated en famille at the farm. Dinner outside sitting on mats (and a small plastic chair for elderly Falang).

I am always envious of Thai flexibility, even the obese ones can fold themselves like pretzels.

in my condo drinking some beer but it won't matter much because all my relatives are dead, cousins are dead and family are all dead,  i'm only left here now and the sad thing is I never seen them in 30 or more years to say hi or goodbye before they died. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

in my condo drinking some beer but it won't matter much because all my relatives are dead, cousins are dead and family are all dead,  i'm only left here now and the sad thing is I never seen them in 30 or more years to say hi or goodbye before they died. 

You told us before. Try making new friends. You can't live in the past. Most of my family are ah. I don't want to see them ever again.

Edited by bignok
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

💜💜

first of all ,merry Xmas to you Steven ,you needn't be alone 

A lot of guys I know will go through this for various reasons ,divorce,children have disowned them after separation etc 

There's joy around Xmas but there's also sadness and bad memories for some 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

The  box of G & T's will take the sadness away Steven.🙃🙃

• Agree 2