Why Are Farangs in Thailand Allowed to Live on High FLoors?

GammaGlobulin

I once had a friend.

I once had a friend who "fell" out of a window on the 9th floor of what is now the Cosmos hotel in Taipei.

He was inebriated and heartbroken over the loss of some tramp.

He fell from the 9th floor to the first floor.

The arcade which enclosed the entrance to the hotel was made of glass on top.

It was the glass and the arcade structure which broke his fall, and helped him to survive.

I had not seen him for awhile, until after his fall.

When I next saw him, he was in a wheelchair with a catheter, a urine bag to go with it, and a chagrinned smirk on his face.

I asked him why he leapt.

He told me he leapt for his loss of his tramp.

Sometimes, it just does not pay to be too impetuous while in love.

Love is pain.

And, after he leapt, the truth of Shakespeare was made known to him.

Still, I think he went down in history when he leapt from the Cosmos.

The arcade entrance is still there...after repair.

Note:  The guy who leapt from the 9th floor to the roof of the arcade entrance was NOT a Farang.  He was a WaiShengRen (a mainlander) who loved the bars and the bar girls.....too much.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Why did humans invent gallows humor?

Some questions are obviously beyond your ken.

If useless and pointless topics were never started in the first place then you wouldn't get useless and pointless replies would you, or is that beyond your ken?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And why do they fall out, anyway?

are you ok ? 

you have already trolled your own thread. not sure what is going on here.....

28 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

He told me he leapt for his loss of his tramp.

maybe go back to reading books on how to pick up hot young genius japanese women. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Just one?

1/2 of a friend, after his dive.

The point is: Think before you leap!

Otherwise, if one lives, then one is bound to regret what one had thought would be one's last bound into oblivion.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I live on the 9th floor. Improbably, the railing on my balcony only goes up to my penis.  

Gamma is right. This place should rent to short Thai's only. The Burmese run a little taller than them, so nix them too.

No worries.

It's all about impulse control.

image.png.cf2f434342597a13cc112e198084c9bf.png

On 12/8/2023 at 4:33 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Can the local government institute a regulation which might bar Farang from living on high floors?

Shouldn't we restrict Farang to living in apartments/flats/condos which are at the ground level?

The reason I ask is that there seems to be so many stories of Farang falling out of high stories.

For example, if a Farang were to fall out of a window of a condo at ground level, then nothing much might happen.

But, on the second floor, or third floor, bad things can happen when Farang fall out of windows, which they too frequently do.

Probably alcohol is the reason.

Many Farang like to not only look out their windows, but they also like to look down at the street, presumably looking for hookers.

This is the main reason they fall out of their windows, IMHO.

They drink too much, and then, they have an upper-floor condo, and late in the evening, when they get lonely, they begin to lean out their windows looking for hookers, below.

This is why I think that most Farang should be restricted to living in condos no higher than the first floor.

For sure, I can tell you, the main reason Farang fall out of their windows is because they are leaning way out and looking down, trying to spot a girl that they think might be right for them, when they have had too much to drink.

What do you think?

High turnover. 

On 12/8/2023 at 4:33 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Can the local government institute a regulation which might bar Farang from living on high floors?

Shouldn't we restrict Farang to living in apartments/flats/condos which are at the ground level?

The reason I ask is that there seems to be so many stories of Farang falling out of high stories.

For example, if a Farang were to fall out of a window of a condo at ground level, then nothing much might happen.

But, on the second floor, or third floor, bad things can happen when Farang fall out of windows, which they too frequently do.

Probably alcohol is the reason.

Many Farang like to not only look out their windows, but they also like to look down at the street, presumably looking for hookers.

This is the main reason they fall out of their windows, IMHO.

They drink too much, and then, they have an upper-floor condo, and late in the evening, when they get lonely, they begin to lean out their windows looking for hookers, below.

This is why I think that most Farang should be restricted to living in condos no higher than the first floor.

For sure, I can tell you, the main reason Farang fall out of their windows is because they are leaning way out and looking down, trying to spot a girl that they think might be right for them, when they have had too much to drink.

What do you think?

I think that farangs should be banned from using internet and posting on forums. What do you think, @GammaGlobulin?

23 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Why not then just ban foreigners from living in condos. Call it a national security isdye as they may fall onto Thais and hurt them. About the stupid a suggestion.

Even better, decree foreigners can only live in Thai villages, thereby enabling them to acquire the elusive attribute of Thainess.

It is a bit tragic the OP does not realize condo developers do not make a profit from building single-storey condos.