Chinese Tourist Exposes Nana Area as Potential Danger for Women

webfact

52 minutes ago, proton said:

So finned for vlogging without a permit, all the other boring lot doing endless 'content' of street food, markets and Lumpini park could be as well then. The irishman in Rachada better watch it as he posts secretly shot film of ordinary women on the streets :smile:

No. For ‘engaging in the sale of various products online’ whilst not having permission to work. 
She entered via the Thailand Privilege scheme. Rapidly gaining a reputation for bringing in a bad sort. We have a member here bragging about his use of the scheme. 

• Haha 1

Influencer....my God, that term is so useless for those attention seeking nutjobs.

She learnt her lesson.  

Hope she is blacklisted.

Nana is probably the safest  part of that city....5555.

Too many people around and if you want trouble the Thai motorbikes guys will teach you a serious lesson.

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It's quite funny to see them. I've seen quite a few youngish farang couples in Cowboy gogos, the women always come in with a superior look on their face and the guys pretend to be disinterested. 

Within about 15 minutes the guy is really enjoying himself and the girl is looking moody. Then they leave. :laugh:

I really don't know why they bother. 

This was us.  They gave us the best seat in the house  at crazy horse.  The round table at the bottom of the stairs.  Haven't got her inside a bar at soi cowboy since.  

Thailand and even some of you proud expats take any negative comment or suggestions of improvement so personally.   The protesters and thai people want freedom but them complain about something so trivial as this.   

Its quite possible this blogger pulled some punches.  I bet if her photographer was acting separate she had lots of  cat calls and if she stood still for 1 minute in many areas i bet she had takers.  I bet the man didn't just ask how (much) she was.  I dont like that center part or her hair dye color but if I was one of those guys she would stand out as a top pick. 

Thailand needs to admit there is prostitution or stop it.    How van mia nois be so accepted just by a persons weakth or starus by such a large % of the population, etc.    

Edited by Elkski
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

If you had spent a little time and read Walker 88s post you would have leaned that, as usual, you were not correct,

From the link.

quite "Nevertheless, the woman was found to be working and earning income without the necessary permit. Investigators discovered that Wang engaged in the online sale of various products, yet neither she nor her shop possessed the required permit to operate the business."

Thaiger made this up then?

TikTok turmoil: Chinese influencer in hot water after Soi Nana video, fined for illegal work

Let me get this right - this bird lives and works in Bangkok so she knows that Nana is a red light area. She then goes on walkabout there and complains when a guy approaches her?

My ex used to work at the nearby Marriot Hotel, she was straight in a taxi when she finished work and outta there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

While acknowledging the possibility that the attention-grabbing attire of a Chinese female tourist might attract interest

So just to be clear, she dressed like a street walker (nothing wrong with that of course) and went to a specific area where many street walkers operate (the Nana Hotel parking lot)?

And then she was shocked that guys mistook her for a street walker and showed interest?

Mind-boggling.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No single young and good looking woman should travel alone in any part of the world.

That is the advice this Chinese woman could say.  I would give that advice for 

people traveling to Canada, or China as well. The Nana area is a red light area, and

even most tourists know that, if the Chinese lady is Naive, that is her problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, malibukid said:

what are those fat lookie loose u.s. coeds doing there in the first place.  checkin out the competition no doubt. typical, they are lucky that daddy give credit card to travel.  woman certainly took better care of them selves in my day

Im not sure anyone else noticed. But in that photo.. The bars in the background do not have a single woman sitting with a man. Anyone who has ever been there knows these bars are full of women who place themselves next to you vying for a drink or something more substantial that pays them personally. Also, usually almost right where the photo was taken at the entrance to the Nana hotel parking there are always women standing who seek short time incomes. All of this seems to be missing in the photos.. 

Staged by the police there to show how good Nana is. haha... 

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that's the exact opposite of what the police said  From your own posted comment...

Police in Bangkok ... acknowledged the woman “has a right to post what she likes about Thailand”.

So if that is the case why is she being threatened with deportation?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1313834-chinese-top-visa-holder-summoned-and-fined-over-distorted-claims-about-bangkok’s-notorious-nana/

"Chinese top visa holder summoned and fined over distorted claims about Bangkok’s notorious Nana"

Edited by Smokey and the Bandit

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

This is going to inundate nana with tourists now... they all want to experience the seedy side of Bangkok.  The story here is she wanted the experience of visiting the pit without being confronted by the very element she wanted to witness... being solicited openly

she wanted traction on her pathetic video......she went looking for trouble where there wasn't any.......and she dressed to attract it and then got all offended and shocked because someone approached her and spoke to her. its just a shame this influencers parents didn't have a better influence on her when she was growing up.  

Edited by Jackbenimble

6 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:
On 12/8/2023 at 1:50 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that's the exact opposite of what the police said  From your own posted comment...

Police in Bangkok ... acknowledged the woman “has a right to post what she likes about Thailand”.

So if that is the case why is she being threatened with deportation?

https://aseannow.com/topic/1313834-chinese-top-visa-holder-summoned-and-fined-over-distorted-claims-about-bangkok’s-notorious-nana/

Because she broke the terms of her visa which does not permit her to work here. That's what she was fined for.

I don't support this woman in any way, shape or form but one aspect regarding Thailand 'outs' itself yet again in the continuing furore - Thailand is not a democracy.  Not that we didn't know that already but the fact is that it probably never will be.  Democracy has many requirements and voting is just one of them.

Another notable facet of democracy is FREEDOM OF SPEECH (within reason of course) - I just can't see a day when that become acceptable to the Thai government.

On 12/9/2023 at 5:34 PM, MangoKorat said:

Another notable facet of democracy is FREEDOM OF SPEECH

There is no country where freedom of speech is absolute. Even in western democracies you can and will get in trouble for saying certain things (threats, defamation, etc). Fact here is this "influencer" paid a lot of money to live in Thailand - yet she is here deliberately trying to tarnish the image of the country (or at least Bangkok/Nana). She went to a red light area dressed in a way that would confuse men to assume she is a freelancer, knowing exactly what would happen (she'll get approached), and made a video about it - this isn't some naive girl that's just speaking her opinion - this is a woman who's trying to get more followers by attempting to create "shocking" content.

Throw the book at her. We need less "influencers" in Thailand (and everywhere), especially selfish ones that try to manipulate to gain traction. She's clearly working in Thailand: while I hate calling "influencer" working - she is getting paid, therefore legally it is work.

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

There is no country where freedom of speech is absolute. Even in western democracies you can and will get in trouble for saying certain things (threats, defamation, etc). Fact here is this "influencer" paid a lot of money to live in Thailand - yet she is here deliberately trying to tarnish the image of the country (or at least Bangkok/Nana). She went to a red light area dressed in a way that would confuse men to assume she is a freelancer, knowing exactly what would happen (she'll get approached), and made a video about it - this isn't some naive girl that's just speaking her opinion - this is a woman who's trying to get more followers by attempting to create "shocking" content.

Throw the book at her. We need less "influencers" in Thailand (and everywhere), especially selfish ones that try to manipulate to gain traction. She's clearly working in Thailand: while I hate calling "influencer" working - she is getting paid, therefore legally it is work.

I agree with some of what you say but she had a perfect right to say what she thought of the Nana area - just as the Thai authorities have the right to rebutt it - can they?  She was stupid for going there but in general, the Thai authorities won't have anything bad said about Thailand - even if its true. Much like the hotels that take people to court for giving them bad reviews - do something about the problem or shut up. Not Thailand though, people are only allowed to say good things. Anyone who speaks out, even if what they say is true, gets punished.

FYI, yes there are limits to the freedom of speech in most democracies but I can assure you that there would be no official sanctions taken against this woman in the UK if she'd reported a similar thing.

There's good things to say about Thailand and there's also bad things to say - we don't all take the same drugs that the Thai authorities take - case in point. Couple of years back the Bangkok and Pattaya police chiefs went on a walkabout in Pattaya one night and reported that they found no sex for sale in the city - as reported on this site. You couldn't make these things up. They must live on Fantasy Island. Much better not to go on any such walkabout and/or make such stupid comments - comments that just draw publicity.

The authorties have publicised this matter far more by rattling on about the girl's reports. Instead of being limited to her 'followers' - the story has now gone international.