So how about that racial profiling!

Airwolf

6 hours ago, leclec said:

Honestly if you feel that way, why stay? No one is stopping you from going back where you came from.

I’m from SEA and trust me many asians in SEA are sick of “white farangs” who behave like they are the superior beings acting entitled and  no regards to the law of said country.

Do you know white privilege exists so rampantly in Asia? eg given preferential treatment in service industry or having asian women subconsciously think that white males are superior etc.  What do you have to say about that? I don’t see farang complaining when they get all these perks while enjoying all these white privileges

As soon as things don’t go your way, you whine like a baby. 

spacer.png

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Denim said:

Leaving Pattaya on the way to Sathaheep in a car a young cop pulled me over. I asked what I did wrong ?  He said I stayed in the righthand lane too long.  I told him I was driving on the left and only used the right lane to overtake a stationary coach !! You took too long was his feeble response. He offered me 2 options. Leave the car parked there and accompany him to the police station to file a report or pay 100 baht on the spot fine.

I hope you chose the option to go to the police station. Time is money. Going to the police station with you means less time for the cop to make money at the side of the road. IME, you'll be waved in with a polite warning to be more careful next time. 

15 hours ago, Airwolf said:

Can you imagine setting up a checkpoint in The US and stopping only Asians!

Coming back from a weekend on South Padre with my American girlfriend, we were stopped at an "internal" border patrol checkpoint where they were asking where we were headed; back home to Houston. They weren't too happy that I couldn't produce my UK passport. I wasn't too happy that I was expected to do that when we hadn't even left Texas and I don't look or sound remotely like a Mexican.

Meanwhile, back in Thailand, just deal with it.

It's my view that police at roadblocks in Thailand usually focus on only one thing. For example: 

helmets

licences

drink driving

drugs

illicit goods 

I've been stopped at roadblocks a few times but waved on many more times, presumably because I didn't fit the profile of the kind of driver they were looking for.  

• Like 1