Thai Airways resolves seating dispute following passenger complaint

webfact

6 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

I read it 3 times.  Very very confusing.  I've flown business class a couple of times.  If I was stuck in the middle of economy I would be pissed.

I will try this again:

"Euro Business Class" = Economy with the center seat left vacant.

This is standard for Thai Airways domestic business class.

Thai Smile Plus class was identical.

images (2).jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 12:56 PM, brianthainess said:

I have been on one with 3 aisles many years ago. Great if not many passengers, can sleep in the middle row stretched out across the 3 seats, not sure what airline it was though.

FYI There are no 3 aisle passenger aircraft. A middle row of seats would indicate a dual aisle configuration.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, neverere said:

FYI There are no 3 aisle passenger aircraft. A middle row of seats would indicate a dual aisle configuration.

F Y I Their are many that have as the A320 in this story. you are talking out your ahole.

download(13).jpg.ae212dacd84edb2324ef280172dd7412.jpgseatMap1.webp.98f2aa7c3fbd71e2b1f93420ab2ab44f.webp

Edited by brianthainess
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 2

On 12/11/2023 at 1:24 PM, Digitalbanana said:
On 12/11/2023 at 2:47 AM, webfact said:

The revamped service now aligns with Thai Airways’ business class services, .... However, the seating remained economy class, with the middle seat left vacant for passenger convenience.

You cannot make it up, I would look at other airlines.

Other airlines do this for 'front of the bus' class seating. It enables a premium service without having to have a different seating configuration, ie. the same aircraft can fly all-coach sectors (unblocked center seat) as well as those where premium seating is offered (blocked center seat).

• 2 weeks later...

Before Thai Smile, Thai Airways operated a few A320   and they all had 8 business class seat. It is quite common to see that in some airlines.

It would be simpler to reconfigure the first row up front with those business class seat and business class passengers would be satisfied.

Took Thai Airways to go to Japan, and I'm not so impressed with their service.

Both flights got delayed by at least 40 minutes, even thou it was the first flight in the morning, no excuse. They even skiped my meal on the way back. lol...