Nice Christmas dinner in Chiang Mai

NorthernRyland

On the fancier end, try LeCrystal (google their website and hit the Festive Menu option.

There are many places offering Xmas eve and Xmas day lunches and dinners.  Most, I think, are set menus with option as to mains.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

1,500 baht get's you a broad Italian-ish buffet (with unlimited St. Clair oysters) and a decent selection of non-meat items. Prob not worth traveling to if you're not in the nabe.

That's not the menu I was looking for but my Thai family will probably do better with that than say American Christmas food. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Generic Western Christmas main menu items with a seafood bar. ?? heh

No menu for this year. From last year; Turkey, Ham, RBeef,  a large selection, of main and side dishes; western, thai & asian. Seperate salad, seafood and dessert stations. We go to the brunch not the dinner, I assume the menu is the same for both.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dcheech said:

No menu for this year. From last year; Turkey, Ham, RBeef,  a large selection, of main and side dishes; western, thai & asian. Seperate salad, seafood and dessert stations. We go to the brunch not the dinner, I assume the menu is the same for both.

sounds nice thanks for the suggestion.

Give "My Kitchen" a try and you will not regret it.

Open Facebook for the menu or open the following link and right click until you find their Xmas menu:-

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=937025327949629&set=pb.100049265121495.-2207520000

Open Google maps and put "My Kitchen" in the location search to get directions; loads of parking.

The quality and quantity of the food far exceeds the price.

Highly recommended

They have an indoor a/c room and outdoor tables to boot:-

image.png.53698b3574377a2b3a5f3e37d1241b95.png

What more could you ask for as a Xmas dinner sitting.....

(In reality, the outside sitting is far better than my photographic skills :smile:)

If this does not suit your Xmas dinner requirements then try their daily specials for lunch or dinner and one day you must try their 300gm (aprox.) beef steak, chips, 2 veg, salad and bread which cannot be bettered for B130.

BTW: I have no connection whatsoever to the restaurant other than being a very contented customer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I eat ONLY Thai food in Thailand, and Japanese food in Japan, and Chinese food in China.

So, I will be eating appropriately for Xmas.

I just wish I could be in Italy this Christmas, for some real Italian cuisine.

Although nobody cares what I think:

I rate  Chinese Food at tops, followed closely by Thai Food, and then REAL Italian cuisine.

Japanese food is completely GARBAGE, to me.

Just a matter of personal taste (or lack of taste, as the case may be.  I don't mean that Japanese food has no taste.  I just me that I have no taste, not in food, and not in women, I guess.)

Still, if in Chiang Mai, I would opt for the cafeterias at CMU.  Great meals, and all you can eat, and the price is my style.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Still, if in Chiang Mai, I would opt for the cafeterias at CMU.  Great meals, and all you can eat, and the price is my style.

Your tireless advocacy of their 40 baht lunches has been inspiring. 

-My wife read a book by Chomsky (About the Sandinista's). Want to meet her?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Not too Christmassy, but The Dusit down by the Night Market does a great N.Thai kanom-style mixed platter of many regional bits and bobs for 500 baht. Def the best N. Thai menu I've had.

The coffee and cake for 150 baht looks good too

https://www.dusit.com/dusitd2-chiangmai/dining/special-pro-dec2023/

Went by last week and it sure looked closed.  Is the restaurant open but the hotel closed?

On 12/13/2023 at 3:52 AM, Prubangboy said:

Now I'm leaning 4 Seasons, Like 5K all in with the alcohol add-on and the ++.

YOLO, as the kids say.

Try the sister restaurant to Steak of the day in Mea Rim, former 4 seasons chef. Usually has Phuket lobster flown up for the festive period. 

• Thanks 1

I just paid for Why Not? Italian. A few people from my building were booking and I succumbed. 

I was misinformed about them offering oysters. They have yellow fin tuna carpaccio and roast sea bass on the seafood side and roast beef and a veal thing on the meat side. half a dozen good app choices and 4 pastas. Plus plenty of non-meat stuff for my wife.

1500 baht, including a Aperol Spritz that I don't really want. No one wants it. I'll prob down six of them just to clear the table. Pistachio cream puff for dessert -that's a pretty obscure, Sicilian choice.

Not a buffet. You order what and as much as you like and then they prepare it to order for you. I prefer this setup, 'have only seen it at high end Indian buffets in Bangkok. The food is actually hot, not just steam table-tepid.