Marriage extension not ready yet.

Legally, waiting for an approval is not an overstay.

(I am sure that ubonjoe had stated that in a similar case)

On the other hand when I waited for an approval of a Non O >visa< in KK I had some paper with the date.

I went early and it was ready 

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I've just got off the phone with my lawyer here in Thailand and he said the same thing.

He said just go back tomorrow and everything should be fine.

When I came here in 2016, I think my first one took a week or two longer.....no big deal, like your lawyer said, you are OK.

• Thanks 1

1 thing for you for next time and others for the future ask for a phone number so you can ring before hand to see if it is ready yet, the first time I had a long wait time this year and rang on the day they told us too and they said try again tomorrow and it was ready then. the sticky note now stays in my passport with that number.

The same happened to me a few years ago.  My collection date was a Friday, and  I was told to go back on the Monday.  I explained that if I was pulled-up in a vehicle check-point during the weekend, I'd probably be locked-up until my visa status could be confirmed on the Monday.  After considering this, the IO told me to go back at 4pm; I did, visa stamped into passport.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

The same happened to me a few years ago.  My collection date was a Friday, and  I was told to go back on the Monday.  I explained that if I was pulled-up in a vehicle check-point during the weekend, I'd probably be locked-up until my visa status could be confirmed on the Monday.  After considering this, the IO told me to go back at 4pm; I did, visa stamped into passport.

This is the potential problem.

I also have plans this weekend, im going away for a few days, so if my visa isnt ready when i go in a couple of hours god knows what I am going to do.

Non O Multi entry sounds like the way to go.

If they can't get their backsides into shape on time, processing papers and that (cos lord knows it's such a hard job) then what is the point in having a visa system at all?

bob

Edited by bob smith
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Non O at savanakhet is my weapon of choice, less reliant on immigration, less stress, less time with passport out of your possesion.

Actually it is MORE time without your passport, the consulate keeps your passport to issue the visa, immigration does not

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

Actually it is MORE time without your passport, the consulate keeps your passport to issue the visa, immigration does not

are you sure about that?

how do you check into the hotel in savanakhet without your passport?

last time I was there I dont recall any 'keeping' of my passport by the embassy..

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

He has been selling off belongings to get booze money from recent postings.  Surely that is a current priority.  And visa trips are a good excuse for a few extra brews. :biggrin:

I was legless last trip to savanakhet..

met a bunch of rowdy geordies on a visa run.

that was fun!

51 minutes ago, bob smith said:

are you sure about that?

how do you check into the hotel in savanakhet without your passport?

last time I was there I dont recall any 'keeping' of my passport by the embassy..

How do you think they put the visa in your passport ?

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

He has been selling off belongings to get booze money from recent postings.  Surely that is a current priority.  And visa trips are a good excuse for a few extra brews. :biggrin:

Apparently he was going to go on a 100k bender from the sale of his watch (folex? :tongue:) so can't be short of a bob (pun intended). Retirement ext is done and dusted in 30m or so, none of this going back and going back. I don't get it.