Who remembers Mr Ed, F Troop, Daniel Boone, Batman, Get Smart and more ....

steven100

43 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Although I really enjoyed most shows when they were current and I was young, I've revisited a few of them and they are utter crap. 

Knight Rider
The A-Team
CHiPs 
Magnum PI
Miami Vice
etc etc 

It basically reinforces my opinion that old things are rubbish.

For what it's worth I thought they were all crap the first time around.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Started out with B&W when I was just a wee nipper...and then transitioned to color as I was growing up.

Me, too.   Black and white tv and only a few channels when I was really young.  I remember at one point--I think I was maybe 5 or 6--someone in the family sent away for a clear plastic screen that could be taped over the tv screen.  The top third was blue for sky, the bottom third was green for grass, and it was beige in the middle, I suppose for skin color--few blacks on tv in those days.   We taped the plastic to the tv screen and sat back to enjoy our 'color' tv.  What in the world were we thinking?  Lasted maybe a few days, then it was back to black and white.

I do remember, starting in 1964, living a couple of years in Alabama--DoD Dad was stationed there--and my best friend actually had a color tv, one of the very few in the neighborhood.  I would go over to watch Bonanza in color, and some of the other shows being broadcast in color--not all the shows were in color then.  

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, newnative said:

Me, too.   Black and white tv and only a few channels when I was really young.  I remember at one point--I think I was maybe 5 or 6--someone in the family sent away for a clear plastic screen that could be taped over the tv screen.  The top third was blue for sky, the bottom third was green for grass, and it was beige in the middle, I suppose for skin color--few blacks on tv in those days.   We taped the plastic to the tv screen and sat back to enjoy our 'color' tv.  What in the world were we thinking?  Lasted maybe a few days, then it was back to black and white.

I do remember, starting in 1964, living a couple of years in Alabama--DoD Dad was stationed there--and my best friend actually had a color tv, one of the very few in the neighborhood.  I would go over to watch Bonanza in color, and some of the other shows being broadcast in color--not all the shows were in color then.  

One of my favorite TV dramas of the mid-1960s, the World War II series 12 O'Clock High, started out with its first season in 1964 in B&W, and then the second and subsequent several seasons were filmed in color.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

One of my favorite TV dramas of the mid-1960s, the World War II series 12 O'Clock High, started out with its first season in 1964 in B&W, and then the second and subsequent several seasons were filmed in color.

Yes, I liked that series, too.

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

WTH has that got to do with old TV shows ....  

Actually it was what many or us viewed for extended periods - and probably a bit better than many of the actual programs.  Set adjustments could be made when viewing these and we patiently waited for evening programing to begin.

• Thanks 1

I only watched Mr. Ed because my older sister, who loved horses, made me.  I liked Batman, F-Troop, and Gilligans Island.  There were definitely a lot of very good American TV shows back then.  I also liked I Dream of Jeannie not noticing at the time how HOT Barbara Eden was!

Although not a comedy, one of my favourite TV shows is The Fugitive.  A lot of big name actors had guest spots on that show.  

10 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I only watched Mr. Ed because my older sister, who loved horses, made me.  I liked Batman, F-Troop, and Gilligans Island.  There were definitely a lot of very good American TV shows back then.  I also liked I Dream of Jeannie not noticing at the time how HOT Barbara Eden was!

Although not a comedy, one of my favourite TV shows is The Fugitive.  A lot of big name actors had guest spots on that show.  

Your sister would have loved Follyfoot then.

I liked Space 1999, but I saw an episode a while back and very dated.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, John Drake said:

Didn't any of you English watch Blake's 7?

Of course. Mandatory watching and no interruptions allowed. I visited the Blake's 7 show in London. They made one of the space ships from 2 hairdryers glued together.

Anyone watch that Japanese historical drama series in the late 60's? I forget the name but involved a samurai riding around sorting the bad guys. Plenty of ninja warriors leaping out of the trees. I wasn't allowed to watch it as deemed too violent for the young boys I was lodging with- it wasn't violent at all, but their mother was a bit overprotective.

Gidget was out then too and I had a crush on Sally Field.

Not to forget The Monkees- great show, but they should never have made that insane movie ( not insane in a good way ).

22 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Liked 12 O'Clock a lot less when Robert Lansing had to quit and was replaced by Paul Burke.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and The Avengers, of course.

The Avengers was my favorite of the British imports back when it first hit American TV. But looking back, it's my least favorite now, although still okay in small doses. Danger Man and The Saint were/are far better, IMO. Danger Man is simply exceptional TV. Patrick McGoohan was far, far ahead of his time, as an actor and producer/creator.

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

Since I'd mentioned WKRP in Cincinnati I couldn't help but post one of my favorite scenes.

Knew it was the "I swear to God I thought turkeys could fly" episode before I even scrolled down to the youtube link.

• Haha 1