Foreign buyers flock to Thailand’s tropical condos: Chinese and Russians lead

webfact

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a completely ridiculous post, because if you're comparing anything to a year ago, of course the numbers are going to go up.

It doesn't really mean anything, and it's very misleading. 

10,703 units for 52.3 billion baht does indeed mean something. Nor were more sales guaranteed this year as opposed to last. So part of what it means, besides some good money for Thailand, is that your post doesn't really mean anything.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Pattaya has some big, highrise condo projects on the way.   Contrary to some of the comments on this thread, developers do find buyers for their projects, which allows them to go on and plan new projects.  Some examples:

Arom Wong Amat was started right at the beginning of covid and topped out not too long ago.  Apparently, buyers were found for this pricey project and the developers are beginning another highrise project, Arom Jomtien.  

Also in Jomtien, the next Copacabana project is getting started.  Copacabana Coral Reef will be 56 floors with 1872 units.  I believe this project has had a name change from Copacabana Golf.

Following previous successful projects such as Riviera Wong Amat, Jomtien, Monaco, and Ocean Drive, the next Riviera project will be a highrise in Pratumnak, Riviera Malibu.

Back in Wong Amat, Habitat Group, which has built a number of Pattaya projects, has announced Wyndham Grand, another highrise project which boasts a location just 250 meters to the beach and 900 meters to Terminal 21.

Across from Axis condo, the massive 67-story Grand Solaire is under construction.  When finished, it will have over 2,400 units and, supposedly, will be the tallest building in Pattaya.

Another massive, new project under construction is Marina Golden Bay, two 51-story towers with 1800 units, located off of Thepprasit Road.   

And, finally, Skypark Lucean, which seems to be on the building site where, long ago, I believe Ocean One condo was slated for.  Phase 1 is planned as two towers of 60 and 31 stories, with 900 units. 

Pattaya's skyline continues to change dramatically from when my spouse and I arrived in 2010.   At that time, with highrise condos, there were the View Talays, Jomtien Complex towers, Metro, Jomtien Plaza, Royal Cliff, Northshore, and the three sisters in Wong Amat--Sky Beach, Park Beach, and Silver Beach.  PKCP.  Saranchol.  Pattaya Hill.  Plus, some others scattered around.

Now, I couldn't begin to count all the new condo projects that have been built since 2010--which does not seem that long ago.  You really get a sense of how big Pattaya has become when you are driving in on the Motorway and see the skyline in the distance.  It's definitely a city now, with an ever-changing city skyline.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

This is nothing unusual and often not what it seems.

The Chinese have been buying 100"s of condos in one go as they come on the market or from plan in come cases.

This is why at night hardly any lights can be seen in Condos where the owner says ther'e none left for sale,

The Chinese sit on them EMPTY until completion date or longer then resell them to you at the new market price.

This has been going on since I started a Real Estate company 25 years ago on Sukhumvit

• Like 1
  • Confused 1