Thai tourism revolution: Duty-free ditch and booze bonanza

webfact

35 minutes ago, Clarkey611 said:

I buy my Duty Free at London Hethrow, wherethere is a large saving in comparison to King Power (and all the other Asian nations).

I bought a carton of duty free cigarettes in Heathrow duty free for an extortionate price only to find there was no smoking anywhere in the terminal. The cigarettes were half the price in Bahrain airport duty free.

25 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

the last thing I would do is drag my luggage into the duty free to go buy a bottle of whiskey

I casually make my purchase while waiting for my bags to pop out.

If one doesn't have checked luggage then your point might be valid.

Arriving passengers can make purchases in the main hall as well as the baggage claim area.

If "no one buys duty-free" then King Power might not be the successful company that it is?

If they ban duty-free on arrival then that means duty-free purchases prior to arriving (on the plane, duty free shop in previous airport) in Thailand too.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Most tourists buy their stuff somewhere else.. Duty free shops in Thailand are overpriced and with the restrictions of alcohol and cigarettes there will not be so much to earn for the Government, but what else could they think with their brains?

So, you assume that they have "brains"?
Wrong assumption .....

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1