What are most Russians doing here and how are they financing themselves?

bob smith

5 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Many are young, educated and escaped the war. I'd do same.

Then there are those "old timers" with lot of cash and still think Russia is #1 and they still have lot of power.

Like the fat guy yesterday at 7/11 who tried to buy 10 SIM cards but the clerk said "only one per passport".

He went ballistic! Yelling, in Russian, and showing off thick stack of THB cash.

I was next in line and young clerk asked me to come to pay. I pushed him aside and she completely ignored the fat dude, took stack of SIM cards away from him and probably didn't sell any to him. I left so don't know.

He was an a-hole for sure.

what war did they escape?? is any war on the russian territory?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

they must have money to burn these russians. 

life aint so bad under a strong arm dictator after all it would seem..

Rich families have always not sent their children to be killed in wars, we only send them to normal people like us and then if they die we receive a flag of consolation and they say he was a hero. Welcome to the world of lies but I think you know also.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, TICINO said:

Rich families have always not sent their children to be killed in wars, we only send them to normal people like us and then if they die we receive a flag of consolation and they say he was a hero. Welcome to the world of lies but I think you know also.

Russia couldn't lie straight in bed!

same as thailand to be fair..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are better countries, visa-wise, for Russians. Such as Georgia and Serbia. Each Russian will have their own story about their finances. Many that want to stay out of Russian world are forced to return because of lack of money. Sure it's common sense that a lot of them will be tempted to do illegal things. I have mixed feelings about them. They aren't a monolith. Most of the draft dodger types aren't really against Putin, they just want to save their own ass. 

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, bob smith said:

I see many russian families in my project these days,

they seem to be here for months on end

kinda got me thinking.

what are the vast majority of them doing here?

how are they supporting themselves and their families without working?

how long are they going to stay here?

Why don't you ask them?

6 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

I have the same experience with them where i live. Most of the rooms are occupied by russians and i seem to be on the screaming baby level.

I didn't really know what to make of them before but after getting to know their behaviour im not a fan.

The ones right next to me have a toddler that screams and cries the majority of the day. He seems about 3yo.  The dad has a strange need to blow his nose constantly. Everytime he walks by the door he blows his boogers out onto the floor. Sometimes he will open the door to his room to poke his head out into the hall so he can blow his nose into the hallway. They seem to keep words hours starting up very late.

They have no respect at all. Often running and screaming through the hall with the kids at like 11pm.

Screaming all around the building.

I've noticed they also like to impose themselves on people in public. For example "move your bike i want to park here", "I'm sitting here, you move for me" kind of things. Pretty tired of them also. I also wonder how they support themselves etc. It seems some work online somehow doing coding or marketing things and i reckon some are spoilt rich kids sustaining themselves using the families wealth. It's pretty cheap to live here after all. Hopefully it doesn't last much longer.

ive noticed all of the above behaviors too.

they have no class.

if any russian tried to push me around I would stand my ground. bring on the violence.

there's nothing I would love to see more than a russian in handcuffs once I give my policeman friend a call. tv cameras/crew also welcome.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2023 at 8:48 AM, bob smith said:

that was kinda my original question.

where is their money coming from?

I wonder the same for UK and/or EU that come here for 60-90 days each year.  How do you support yourself and how do you leave your work back home for 2 or 3 months?

On 12/20/2023 at 8:22 AM, worgeordie said:

what are most BoB Smiths doing here and how are they financing themselves ?

I  thought you would be living in a luxury gated estate , the scenes you describe

are anything but ,seems to be a bit of a ghetto...Bob ,

it's pretty obvious what they are doing here , the majority will be so they don't

have to fight an unjust war ,how are they financing themselves ? , the best they

can I suppose  

regards worgeordie

Avoiding the war in the Falklands?

• Confused 1

On 12/20/2023 at 9:20 AM, anandra said:

russians have 90 days of visa-free permission to stay in Thailand until the end of the tourist season, after 90 days they can do border run and have 90 days again. Those who have money open businesses, many work remotely,some work as english teachers,  many sell trips from the Pattaya booths to their fellow countrymen as most of russians do not speak English, that job is illegal, and many work illegally as guides for russian travel companies. Many just stay and live on the beach I personally knew few of them. 

Can Russians get a 30 day extension after the 90 days? I've seen quite a number of Ruskies at Jomtien Immigration, so I'm guessint so???