Drunk British suspect refuses arrest and tries to injure Thai police

webfact

21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I can't understand people 

Probably a lot of people quit this forum because they can't stand half of the people posting here.

Some people maybe have been hated off the forum.

I've received some hate on here, but it's so normal in real life so I'm used to it. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, BestB said:

What exactly do you require as an example ?

once he is taken to court, immigration is automatically notified same day.

Notice to immigration goes on their system. 
if one goes to do extension their profile has an alert of being charged.

immigration then will require a letter from the court confirming court does not object to visa being extended.

if one manages to get the letter , record remains on the system and local immigration reluctant to do 1 year extension due to a charge and either donation needs to be made or get a new visa 

This happened to you I take it?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

New posters who do actually live here and have knowledge to share yes...... dickheads sat in Wolllogong nursing and anti Brit bias for some reason, we can do without.

I'm perplexed why you chose the suburb of Wollongong?

That's 2 hours South of Sydney 

Edited by georgegeorgia

On 12/22/2023 at 12:18 AM, OzzBlizz said:

Thai people don't really like Brit's, but tolerate them for their money.

As a non Brit, I never read such Bull !! I know lots of very civilized and respectable Brits in Thailand and abroad !!!

• Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 12:12 AM, OzzBlizz said:

Worked with two scousers, that didn't like to bathe. Worked with many Aussie's and they never stunk or had the hangups like so many of the Brits I worked with. The only "normal" people I recall were the Scottish, hard drinking (could handle their liquor) and hard working sensible people. The Brits were all pompous know it all, annoying excuses for human beings.

Just think if your ancestors had  not been convicts you could have been one of us.. 

merry Christmas 🤶 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

We only have 'Gammon's' in Britain!? Not sure if that term is in use abroad?!

He's clearly a Gammon - the word has been arpound since the 1600s and it's followed him!  -  Spread the word!

It's in wikipedia.... 

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 1

As a retired police officer, with 23 years in the job in a fairly violent city in the US, I am often floored by the lackadaisical tactical  approaches these Thai officers take with clearly unhinged individuals. Yeah, this guy was a bloated, drunk p.o.s, but to just laugh and hold him at bay with your clipboard as he rants a mere foot away from you? That cavalier attitude only works…until it doesn’t, and your colleagues are visiting your widow’s house with hats in hand. It serves no one.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Another nonsense story. 
There was no danger other than perhaps being knocked out by his noxious breath. He was just pretending that he was a Muay Thai fighter, but ‘telegraphed’ everything to show that he was just playing. 
Thai policeman reacted in an absolutely sensible manner. Of course his colleague was getting a little impatient and just wanted him to get into the back of the pickup. 
Laughable, but sadly typical to read @Jack Batty comment. 

On 12/23/2023 at 8:13 PM, Jack Batty said:

As a retired police officer, with 23 years in the job in a fairly violent city in the US, I am often floored by the lackadaisical tactical  approaches these Thai officers take with clearly unhinged individuals. Yeah, this guy was a bloated, drunk p.o.s, but to just laugh and hold him at bay with your clipboard as he rants a mere foot away from you? That cavalier attitude only works…until it doesn’t, and your colleagues are visiting your widow’s house with hats in hand. It serves no one.

Thai police know how to deal with their situations.

Keep your violent US policing methods in the US.

• Agree 2

On 12/23/2023 at 8:13 PM, Jack Batty said:

Fair point, but our mainly Brit membership wouldn't tolerate seeing one o' the beloved lads "brutalized" in such a fashion. The usual rants about racism, xenophobia, double standards, bad policing etc would consume pages.

That said, he was almost certainly just a laughable, harmless, drunken old fool.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 3:19 AM, Uttaradit farang said:

Just think if your ancestors had  not been convicts you could have been one of us.. 

merry Christmas 🤶 

My ancestors are not from Oz. My family name is old English and we originated in the Suffolk area of England, but that ilk was bred out of us many generations ago, thank God... 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

This is the usual Thai behavior and things like this can be seen everyday on the news.  Why did they single out a white person?

Wow, the AN award for the biggest chip on a shoulder just got won, well done.

Maybe they singled out the the white person because he was the one who actually did it and there was a video of him doing it? Should they have blamed it on a brown person - would that have made you feel better? Are you persecuted? Boo Hooo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

In the last few years quite a few of them have learned to read and write and are getting quite active on the Forum!

Evidently it hasn't helped you much. Always comical when people think they are more clever than they actually are. Loads of them on here. 

Edited by OzzBlizz