I love everything about Pattaya what about you ?

georgegeorgia

12 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

(although it is that too, if you only hang out around soi 6!).

Or soi Buakhao, or Walking St, or LK Metro, or a few others.... having plenty of  girls around is part of the scene in many areas of Pattaya, not only soi 6. But  your point is very valid, Pattaya aspires to be something else nowadays, packing them in from around the country for the special events. There is now a large population of young Thais with disposable income ready to travel... all seemingly perfectly accepting of traffic and crowding issues. The foreign tourists, well they were packed into town already and pretty much a captive audience. The Expats, of little mind, and can enjoy themselves in their darkside areas.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Never was, though that always got most attention. Pattaya is a large city and the "naughty stuff" is in a very small area.

Huge amount of things to do in the area without going near a single Gogo or bar beer. It's possible to live in Pattaya and not see a single prostitute or spend any time in that area.

I used to live just off Buakhao and never saw any of that unless I wanted to.

Good post--and you are so right.  There's always something new in greater Pattaya.  How about maybe the biggest coffee/dessert/pastry cafe I've ever been in--huge, with two floors.  The photo shows just a part of it.  Spouse and I came across it yesterday.  Nitan coffee shop.  There were some farangs but it was mostly Thais, with what looked like, to my Thai spouse, a lot from Bangkok. The two desserts we tried were delicious.   

20231231_142831.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, newnative said:

There were some farangs but it was mostly Thais, with what looked like, to my Thai spouse, a lot from Bangkok.

How did you spouse determine these people were from BKK by looking at them?

Did they have signs advertising the fact?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

How did you spouse determine these people were from BKK by looking at them?

Did they have signs advertising the fact?

Given the location of Nitan coffee shop, must people have to drive, so I would imagine he should have said his wife, noted that most cars in car park, had BKK registration plates.

The coffee shop is too busy at present, but the craft beer is nice.

Not cheap, so majority of the ex pat pattaya crowd, would never go. No large Chang at 65 baht.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Given the location of Nitan coffee shop, must people have to drive, so I would imagine he should have said his wife, noted that most cars in car park, had BKK registration plates.

hahahahaha - only people in BKK have cars?

You do know that a lot of people request BKK plates ( for some weird reason ) so that theory is flawed.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

hahahahaha - only people in BKK have cars?

You do know that a lot of people request BKK plates ( for some weird reason ) so that theory is flawed.

So reading is not your strong point.

I said that most cars BKK registration plates. Please show me where I said, only people in BKK have cars. Try quoting facts, not what you believe you read.

Show a link backing up your claim about people requesting BKK plates. I have never heard a Thai say that, and have never noticed a lack of Chonburi plates in Pattaya. Or was it something you heard from a bar stool expert.

Have a good, and try reading posts before posting BS.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

I said that most cars BKK registration plates

Which suggests you ( or your wife thought they were all from bkk - lol )

Show a link backing up your claim about people requesting BKK plates. I have never heard a Thai say that, and have never noticed a lack of Chonburi plates in Pattaya. Or was it something you heard from a bar stool expert.

I don't need to post a link, i've been here long enough to know, you're obviously just off your economy class flight from Blighty, nevermind....

ps - i don't drink, weed is my drug of choice. Maybe you should try it to engage the brain rather than searching for a 45 baht warm Leo ( small ).

Anyway, the main thing is you had a nice coffee.

Edited by PJ71
  • Confused 1

Have a good, and try reading posts before posting BS.

Have a good what?

You slag off my reading ( which is fine ) but you can't even construct a proper sentence.......funny.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, still kicking said:

Been to Pattaya about 17 times never went into a bar.

Unfortunately most bars don't have disability access,must be hard at 77yo with your bad ankles ,but look on the bright side.......😄

Edited by georgegeorgia

On 12/22/2023 at 8:04 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Mine is to live in the Arcadia resort in Soi 5 Jomtien and walk to the RAGE fight academy where they have muay  Thai boxing for seniors 

Wake up every morning to the sunshine  with a coffee on the balcony , stroll thru my day with the gym and Canterbury Tales bookshop ,

What a life to enjoy in Pattaya 

Relax at night in a bar ,enjoy our trip me left 

If only I could retire ...we all love Pattaya !! 🤗

I like what you describe.  I also like the Jomtien area as it is much quieter than central Pattaya.  Lots of good things about Pattaya.  Lots of bad things too just like anywhere else.  The two biggest improvements that could be made is cleaner air but I know that will be a tough one.  The other is the filthy water in the area.  No way do I want to go swimming in Pattaya or Jomtien unless it's in my pool.  

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 12/24/2023 at 1:48 AM, ozimoron said:

It varies a lot. I frequently eat Thai out of a small home restaurant in a dead end soi near me. 50 baht for most meals, extra 10 with fried egg. About once a week I'll get a salmon steak out of Alex's Bistro (KTK) for 260 with 10% discount. Lately I have been getting either fish or chicken with brussels sprouts and beans from the roast counter at central festival. The food hall at central marina is not bad either for khao mun gai. An open air restaurant on the corner of klang and soi 10 named Dang Dum (red black) is excellent for Thai / Chinese and Pat Thai is their signature dish. Then there is a decent small restaurant next door to Piyanas on Klang, I can't remember the name of it. About once a month I get a hankering for palak panir and the Jai Jinendra vegetarian Indian on P Klang, very close to road 2 does a good one for about 230 plus a garlic naan. Occasionally Hemmingways or the Wine Connection where I ate tonight.

My new favourite in a cost/ambience/quality and variety category.

https://www.facebook.com/copperspoonpattaya/

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

No problem if you don't want to reply

There's really no need to say anything more buttercup, you've made yourself to be enough of a fool without further comment.

• Confused 2

Just now, BritManToo said:

I prefer my local coffee shop, hot Latte = 55bht.

IMG_20240101_133541.jpg

Yes, this would be my preference too, looks way more chilled out than the other photo with plastic people that only want to post pics on FB of their 'perfect' lives, this looks nice.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

I just got back from Lake Mabprachan. I don't like crows or noise on Jomtien beach so that was a perfect weekend escape to nice area.

Super clean new hotel, East Shore Pattaya Resort, balcony over looking the lake toward sunset. The cleanest pool I have seen. Nice 11km evening or morning walk around the lake with likewise friendly people. Will be back.

But today I'm happy to be on Jomtien beach. I'm not foodie but I like cheap good street food. Jomtien has it!

Life's good -:)

Sounds perfect.

Not been to the lake recently, but nice sunrise when out for a gentle run, very relaxing.

IMG_1912.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Unfortunately most bars don't have disability access,must be hard at 77yo with your bad ankles ,but look on the bright side.......😄

Typical reply from you, you don't even know where Pattaya is since you live in a state housing commission flat and btw I did not have bad ankles all my live and I am not 77 get your facts right and stop trolling.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 11:04 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I get so peeved off when I read posts that just knock Pattaya continually .

I was actually in tears last night reading posts on another forum where the writer was so negative Pattaya 

Please let's be grateful 

I love Pattaya and as soon as I can I'm going to retire there., but I'm planning in the next few years .

For those of you who haven't retired what's your dream about living in Pattaya ?

Mine is to live in the Arcadia resort in Soi 5 Jomtien and walk to the RAGE fight academy where they have muay  Thai boxing for seniors 

Wake up every morning to the sunshine  with a coffee on the balcony , stroll thru my day with the gym and Canterbury Tales bookshop ,

What a life to enjoy in Pattaya 

Relax at night in a bar ,enjoy our trip me left 

If only I could retire ...we all love Pattaya !! 🤗

It's like any city or place. There is the good and bad. But just how good? Just how bad?

So you want to retire here. What is the longest period of time you've lived in Thailand? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? 1 month? Please do give us a post after you have lived in Pattaya for 1 or 2 years. This will be an interesting post I imagine. Like any city there is the good and bad. But lately Pattaya has been totally overun and over built. It's really turning into a huge tourist ghetto with large sections that are basically open brothels. Just 20 or so years ago Jomtien was a nice peaceful place outside Pattaya to get away from the noise and traffic. Now it's so overbuilt traffic on holidays comes to a stand still on beach road. I lived there on and off for about 7 years. Now I'm looking elsewhere.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

It's like any city or place. There is the good and bad. But just how good? Just how bad?

So you want to retire here. What is the longest period of time you've lived in Thailand? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? 1 month? Please do give us a post after you have lived in Pattaya for 1 or 2 years. This will be an interesting post I imagine. Like any city there is the good and bad. But lately Pattaya has been totally overun and over built. It's really turning into a huge tourist ghetto with large sections that are basically open brothels. Just 20 or so years ago Jomtien was a nice peaceful place outside Pattaya to get away from the noise and traffic. Now it's so overbuilt traffic on holidays comes to a stand still on beach road. I lived there on and off for about 7 years. Now I'm looking elsewhere.

One of the terrific things about Greater Pattaya is the wide variety of neighborhoods--and my spouse and I have tried a lot of them--from south Jomtien to Wongamat.  If Jomtien's gotten too busy for you, you might try a quieter area, such as Wongamat or the Darkside, where we have ended up.  From our house near Lake Mabprachan we can jump on the Motorway and be on Sukhumvit in about 10 minutes--with no traffic lights until we get to the Sukhumvit light.  From there, it's a quick,easy drive to Index, Lotus's, Home Pro, T21, the hospital, etc.

• Like 1