Yingluck Patiently Awaits Homecoming In Thaksin’s Style

webfact

3 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

... a period of time behind bars ?

That should be doable , just put some ( bamboo ) bars in front of her bedroom bed ( at her home of course ) .

Just for a day or so , she will be pardoned and free soon after ...

At least she is nicer to look at than her brother .

Will she go the  hospital way after her return , just as her brother ...?

Probably not , that would be too obvious .

They will find another way , like house arrest for a week or so ...

Farangs , as guests in this country , can only look at this soap opera in awe of their ingeniosity .

"Farangs , as guests in this country ," Guests??????????????? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

However, former deputy prime minister Wissanu Krea-ngam has earlier suggested that Yingluck return from abroad to serve her jail sentence for a period of time before royal pardon may be sooner or later granted.

She'll need to come up with her own special disease that will need to be treated in the private, penthouse wing of a hospital where even the prying eyes of government health officials will not be allowed as a member of the Shinawatra family privacy is sacrosanct and inviolate. They are so special that a government official tasked with checking on a Shinawatra's condition is not allowed to visit without the Shinawatra's approval which the Shinawatra refuses to give. "Privacy" we are told.

Edited by connda

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Petitions for the granting of royal pardon cannot be taken into account by law until the convict has already served a period of time behind bars, according to the former deputy prime minister.

8 hours, apparently.

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:
5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

My thoughts too. I was led to believe that you had to serve one third of your sentence before being even eligible for a pardon. In his case that would be about 2 1/2 years? He served 8 hours did he not....:whistling: 

Correct.

Unless someone with the authority to do otherwise does so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GarryP said:

I understand that there are window bars on his room in the hospital. Would that count?

Only if that's where he really is... do you really think he's been sitting in a hospital room for over 120 days?

5 hours ago, BritScot said:

2002 was when I first went to Thailand. Scuba diving instructor on Kow Tow then 2005 Bangkok as a Teacher when I first used the original Thai visa for teaching jobs and placing adverts for required teachers. Left after the first coup I experienced Mr T. Went back to thailand in 2010 built a house and then my second coup so experienced that mess till 2019 and left over the 400k/800k baht deposit as against my principles.  Over all those years I've dabbled with Thai visa and watched read and on occasion left comments. I also noticed the influx of accounts after the coup with very pro coup bad grammar accounts. I also noticed when you joined not that long ago.

A teacher and diving instructor. I am impressed. 

And then you also have principles. I am even more impressed. 

Continue your dabbling... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mfd101 said:

So, in your world, political responsibility (normal punishment: Lose election, no longer PM) translates in to criminal responsibility (punishment: years in prison)?

Jesus, which part is so difficult to understand?

Everybody makes mistakes, including politicians. That's life and accepted.

And then are there some people who pretend they made a mistake, but in reality, it was planned from the beginning that this "mistake" will happen.

Do you really think those middlemen and warehouse owners got rich by accident?

Oh, sorry mister, that must have been a small mistake. Yeah, sure. 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, BritScot said:

Utter dribble.  Why spout rubbish, all you are doing is showing at best lack of knowledge. What crime did she actually commit? Rice pledge which was a really good policy and several times over the years it would have paid dividends. Greedy currupt officials stole not her. She called an election and as I said before land was sold and a coup. If you think that the crime of the military taking power at the end of a gun is ok then persecuting any and all who stood in their/his way is ok please get your moral compass checked. Personally it sickens me to my stomach. The persecuted nurse who witnessed the murder of unarmed civilians under the order of general........... sick.

Hm,...I hope your stomach is feeling well with the 2500 + innocent deaths Thaksin's war on drugs had coursed !??

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Hm,...I hope your stomach is feeling well with the 2500 + innocent deaths Thaksin's war on drugs had coursed !??

This as about Yingluck not him, who cares about 2500 druggie deaths? don't recall any demos about it

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, BritScot said:

2002 was when I first went to Thailand. Scuba diving instructor on Kow Tow then 2005 Bangkok as a Teacher when I first used the original Thai visa for teaching jobs and placing adverts for required teachers. Left after the first coup I experienced Mr T. Went back to thailand in 2010 built a house and then my second coup so experienced that mess till 2019 and left over the 400k/800k baht deposit as against my principles.  Over all those years I've dabbled with Thai visa and watched read and on occasion left comments. I also noticed the influx of accounts after the coup with very pro coup bad grammar accounts. I also noticed when you joined not that long ago.

Hm,...There is no Kow Tow in Thailand There is a KOH TAO !!! so far for bad grammar accounts that you don't like,....  

• Thumbs Up 1