Yingluck Patiently Awaits Homecoming In Thaksin’s Style

webfact

33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She was not the PM at the time of the coup, Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan replaced her and was acting PM at the time of the coup.

Which was the land that you confusingly referred to as being sold?

I know and that's not the point you made in your post. She was still PM when an election date was agreed for July 2014, as she was ousted by the CC on 7 May. Additionally, the whole government was not ousted and was able to finalize the next elections with the EC.

We also agree that the objective of the coup was not directly to oust her, as it was already done, the objective was to prevent the next elections to occur, and to prevent citizen from choosing their government.

PS I am not the same poster who evoked the "land" issue.

Edited by candide

On 12/28/2023 at 6:42 AM, TruthinThailand said:

Is there a reason why you always refer to Taksin as “de facto boss cum convict etc. Etc”. Why not just “Former Prime Minister”?

Not exactly 'objective reporting' eh. Journalistic ethics/etiquette - what's that :cheesy:

On a separate note, I'd love to see what the Shinawatras would do to the 'lying sack of crap cum crybaby general dictator' once the (Shinawatra) family is properly reunited.

Edited by outsider
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, candide said:

We also agree that the objective of the coup was not directly to oust her, as it was already done, the objective was to prevent the next elections to occur, and to prevent citizen from choosing their government.

No revelations, as that's what they do and always proceeded.  

When in doubt, design some sort of round about distracting coup - directly or disguised as something else.......of course, with particular blessing and green light from those influential circles. Remember that we're still ruled over. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, outsider said:

Not exactly 'objective reporting' eh. Journalistic ethics/etiquette - what's that :cheesy:

On a separate note, I'd love to see what the Shinawatras would do to the 'lying sack of crap cum crybaby general dictator' once the (Shinawatra) family is properly reunited.

Sure sure.. so that they can fleece the country out of another billion or two!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/29/2023 at 1:50 AM, spidermike007 said:

Those ridiculously toxic and corrupt senators would need to steal the election, to get back in. I doubt the people would tolerate that, though I have been surprised before. These senators need to be declared enemies of the state. They have essentially committed treason, at this point. A list of their names and photos needs to be circulated. The people need to call them and their children, siblings, and parents out at work, at school, at restaurants, and in public.
Shame them into submission.
Embarrass them to no end.

Make their lives so uncomfortable that the army cannot find any replacements! It just might work.
Make them conscious of the incredible amount of damage and erosion to democracy they have caused.

They deserve more scorn and humiliation, not less. Bring it on. Kudos to the Thais who stand up to these people of dishonor.

They are weak, pathetic, cowardly, self entitled hooligans, who are accustomed to a perch atop the ivory tower, scared to death of being taken down a notch, and being asked to be accountable for their heinous and unforgivable actions. Of course they will resort to whatever dirty tactics they can. That is who and what they are. Filth. They are the deplorables.

These lowlifes have been bullying the Thai people for many years now. Guess they never expected the favor to be returned. They all assume they are "above it all". Mightier than the masses. Too rich to touch. Well, perhaps things are about to change. Perhaps your lives are about to take a turn for the worse, and you and your families are going to be subject to intense harassment for the cowardly and highly dishonorable positions you accepted. After all, the fortune comes at some cost, right? The kids benefit from the fortunes their parents make off their illicit jobs. They are treated special due to their parents positions. They need to know that their parents are monsters. We must stop coddling the kids. Life can and should be ugly for those entire gangster families.

you still dont understand how Thailand works..  It doesn't matter what the people want or the military.  There is one very high person that decides all. 

Thaksin was pushed out because he was pushing the limits and someone didn't like that. 

Do you really think the Military will preform a coup without the highest approval?

Edited by ericthai
spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ericthai said:

you still dont understand how Thailand works..  It doesn't matter what the people want or the military.  There is one very high person that decides all. 

Thaksin was pushed out because he was pushing the limits and someone didn't like that. 

Do you really think the Military will preform a coup without the highest approval?

Probably best to NOT pursue this line of thinking....just saying.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/28/2023 at 6:02 AM, BritScot said:

Utter dribble.  Why spout rubbish, all you are doing is showing at best lack of knowledge. What crime did she actually commit? Rice pledge which was a really good policy and several times over the years it would have paid dividends. Greedy currupt officials stole not her. She called an election and as I said before land was sold and a coup. If you think that the crime of the military taking power at the end of a gun is ok then persecuting any and all who stood in their/his way is ok please get your moral compass checked. Personally it sickens me to my stomach. The persecuted nurse who witnessed the murder of unarmed civilians under the order of general........... sick.

And who made sure that the military weren't held to account for those killings despite promising justice for the victims? Who was more interested in trying to falsely convict his political opponents?

I'll give you a clue, his name begins with 'T'.

• Agree 1

On 12/31/2023 at 8:22 AM, ericthai said:

I will make a most optimistic prediction. There will never be another military coup here. Think about it. The moral authority that backed the coups in the past, is long gone. And the army does not have the guts to wage war against their people, Burmese style. 

It won't happen. The Thai army does not have the guts for it, and the Thai soldiers, and the families of the soldiers would never tolerate their sons murdering innocent Thais. The moms would say "you murder one Thai, and you are never welcome in our family home again. Listen to me. Do not do this". And you would have massive army defections. Who will fight at that point? Not the cowardly generals? They would flee into exile with their billions, and the army might collapse, or give up, at that point.

One of the fundamental differences, is the Thai soldiers are not facing the level of desperation the young Burmese are. The poverty here is not as grinding as it is in Burma. I do not think it could be sustained, if the fools started it. Even in Burma, the army is facing huge resistance now. Thailand is a very different culture than Burma, on a dozen significant levels. And the youth now, are very different people than they were during past coups, which were violent, and were supported with a sort of moral authority, which is completely gone now.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I will make a most optimistic prediction. There will never be another military coup here. Think about it. The moral authority that backed the coups in the past, is long gone. And the army does not have the guts to wage war against their people, Burmese style. 

It won't happen. The Thai army does not have the guts for it, and the Thai soldiers, and the families of the soldiers would never tolerate their sons murdering innocent Thais. The moms would say "you murder one Thai, and you are never welcome in our family home again. Listen to me. Do not do this". And you would have massive army defections. Who will fight at that point? Not the cowardly generals? They would flee into exile with their billions, and the army might collapse, or give up, at that point.

One of the fundamental differences, is the Thai soldiers are not facing the level of desperation the young Burmese are. The poverty here is not as grinding as it is in Burma. I do not think it could be sustained, if the fools started it. Even in Burma, the army is facing huge resistance now. Thailand is a very different culture than Burma, on a dozen significant levels. And the youth now, are very different people than they were during past coups, which were violent, and were supported with a sort of moral authority, which is completely gone now.

I like your optimism but I'm sure the establishment would prefer to maintain power the way they have been doing, sidelining MF.

The end of the month will see the  Constitutional Court verdicts regarding MF and Pita. Will the court dissolve and/ or ban the above?

MF could rise from the ashes with a new name as Thaksin's parties did but it would be a struggle 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/30/2023 at 1:26 AM, OldBird said:

Wow, they just letting all the old crooks back in!  I guess they like having money stolen from them. Thailand is like the elephant in the elephant child fable. Keeps trusting the crocodile. 

A drop of water in the sea, compared to the number of old crooks already there!

7 minutes ago, candide said:

Nonsenese! There was a lot of corruption before Thaksin and after Thaksin, included from those who ousted him in the name of anti-corruption!

Nonsense (spelled correctly)

No one came close to the Thaksins....have you forgotten Singtel?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Nonsense (spelled correctly)

No one came close to the Thaksins....have you forgotten Singtel?

The Shin Corp case?

There was some of tax avoidance/fraud (not clear after the last court decision in 2022), nothing like an ocean of corruption.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, bannork said:

I like your optimism but I'm sure the establishment would prefer to maintain power the way they have been doing, sidelining MF.

The end of the month will see the  Constitutional Court verdicts regarding MF and Pita. Will the court dissolve and/ or ban the above?

MF could rise from the ashes with a new name as Thaksin's parties did but it would be a struggle 

It would be a big struggle, and of course they would be fighting against the entrenched elite, the army and other various powers who resist change and reform with every nanogram of their being. 

Keep things the same, it's working for us, we're making a fortune, why would we want reform? 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It would be a big struggle, and of course they would be fighting against the entrenched elite, the army and other various powers who resist change and reform with every nanogram of their being. 

Keep things the same, it's working for us, we're making a fortune, why would we want reform? 

PT might see the return of Yingluk a big opportunity to boost their popularity. Many upcountry warmed to her beauty and good naturedness. I don't think Thaksin's daughter has the same draw.

But she might not be up to a return to the political area, especially as her woeful grasp of both Thailand's geography and the English language were cruelly exposed during her tenure. 

A surprise character who might help the elite's image has appeared the last year.

He seems to be one of the good people, but his idea of good might differ from his elders!

4 hours ago, bannork said:

PT might see the return of Yingluk a big opportunity to boost their popularity. Many upcountry warmed to her beauty and good naturedness. I don't think Thaksin's daughter has the same draw.

But she might not be up to a return to the political area, especially as her woeful grasp of both Thailand's geography and the English language were cruelly exposed during her tenure. 

A surprise character who might help the elite's image has appeared the last year.

He seems to be one of the good people, but his idea of good might differ from his elders!

I truly believe PT has lost all their appeal and nearly all of their luster for the people upcountry. Everybody that I know in Issan has completely bought out of their model and has become completely discouraged by their total sellout that they exhibited, by joining ranks with the extremely toxic army.

I think PT is almost finished as a viable party. At least as a party that could be elected. 

I'm not sure who you are talking about as a character that can help the elites image. It certainly is not Pita. He doesn't want to have anything to do with these sold out fools. 

• Agree 1

On 1/1/2024 at 11:45 AM, kimamey said:

And who made sure that the military weren't held to account for those killings despite promising justice for the victims? Who was more interested in trying to falsely convict his political opponents?

I'll give you a clue, his name begins with 'T'.

I'm sorry but that would have been quite a feat considering it was still ongoing when the general concerned took the country at the end of a gun and Mr T and also Miss T were forced out of the country at the end of said gun. One of the first things he did was persecute said nurse and kill the legal case against him. Also quickly arresting anyone who dared to try and protest corruption, 3 finger salute or eating sandwiches. Let us not forget the childish replacement at night of the monument plaque (which had been in place for many, many years) because of the inscription. One could go on and on but the bottom line is anything the T's are accused of by their political enemies pales in comparison to the actions of the generals committing above all the most grievous crime "a soldier's mutinee by taking their own country at the end of a gun". Oh what a distorted view. Just remember Miss T. did the right thing and called a general election for the people to decide but the genrals rolled in....... and set Thailand back another 10 years. 

On 1/3/2024 at 4:05 PM, BritScot said:

I'm sorry but that would have been quite a feat considering it was still ongoing when the general concerned took the country at the end of a gun and Mr T and also Miss T were forced out of the country at the end of said gun. One of the first things he did was persecute said nurse and kill the legal case against him. Also quickly arresting anyone who dared to try and protest corruption, 3 finger salute or eating sandwiches. Let us not forget the childish replacement at night of the monument plaque (which had been in place for many, many years) because of the inscription. One could go on and on but the bottom line is anything the T's are accused of by their political enemies pales in comparison to the actions of the generals committing above all the most grievous crime "a soldier's mutinee by taking their own country at the end of a gun". Oh what a distorted view. Just remember Miss T. did the right thing and called a general election for the people to decide but the genrals rolled in....... and set Thailand back another 10 years. 

As far as I remember, the criminal case against Abhisit and Suthep into the deaths during the protests, started whilst Pheu Thai were still in government. If that's incorrect let me know. I believe it was Chalerm Yubamrung who, when asked why no one in the military was being charged said that it was because the military were just following the orders of Abhisit and Suthep under their rules of engagement. This was completely untrue and would have been well known. Including by Abhisit and Suthep who gave up their immunity that came unasked for as part of the implementation of the emergency measures pushed through with little parliamentary scrutiny by Thaksin.

Maybe Thaksin thought there was little chance of the military allowing a case against them, if so why give false hope to the families of victims by promising justice? Why also then try to implicate those that had signed of rules of engagement that, if followed, would have prevented those deaths. If found guilty then I think there would be a lengthy sentence or the death penalty. Now it could be argued that the military would never allow that due to the perceived closeness of the Democrats with the military, but it still doesn't explain why the case was started in the first place. You then have to ask, who is supporting the military in government now? Another broken promise. Also where does Thaksin's return fit into all this. The stress of leaving the luxury he was used to and ending up about to be locked in prison, and at his age might well cause some temporary ill health. Something as serious as he is said to have, I would have thought might have shown up during his check up in Dubai before coming to Thailand. Something he oddly didn't need to go to Cambodia.

Yes I agree that the military have done bad things, and in fact that's the reason I mentioned the killings in the first place. I think the killings were terrible and I assume you and most others in Thailand do as well. Would any of us get involved with them as Thaksin has done though.

On 1/5/2024 at 6:33 AM, kimamey said:

As far as I remember, the criminal case against Abhisit and Suthep into the deaths during the protests, started whilst Pheu Thai were still in government. If that's incorrect let me know. I believe it was Chalerm Yubamrung who, when asked why no one in the military was being charged said that it was because the military were just following the orders of Abhisit and Suthep under their rules of engagement. This was completely untrue and would have been well known. Including by Abhisit and Suthep who gave up their immunity that came unasked for as part of the implementation of the emergency measures pushed through with little parliamentary scrutiny by Thaksin.

Maybe Thaksin thought there was little chance of the military allowing a case against them, if so why give false hope to the families of victims by promising justice? Why also then try to implicate those that had signed of rules of engagement that, if followed, would have prevented those deaths. If found guilty then I think there would be a lengthy sentence or the death penalty. Now it could be argued that the military would never allow that due to the perceived closeness of the Democrats with the military, but it still doesn't explain why the case was started in the first place. You then have to ask, who is supporting the military in government now? Another broken promise. Also where does Thaksin's return fit into all this. The stress of leaving the luxury he was used to and ending up about to be locked in prison, and at his age might well cause some temporary ill health. Something as serious as he is said to have, I would have thought might have shown up during his check up in Dubai before coming to Thailand. Something he oddly didn't need to go to Cambodia.

Yes I agree that the military have done bad things, and in fact that's the reason I mentioned the killings in the first place. I think the killings were terrible and I assume you and most others in Thailand do as well. Would any of us get involved with them as Thaksin has done though.

Very valid points. The incident/murders were still there and inquiry on-going when the generals stole the country. The persecution of the nurse was very real when she gave her unwavering statement. She was arrested and thrown in prison on bogus charges and I've not heard anything more about her (if you have please tell). Because of risk factors of what could go wrong with Mr T's return I wonder if he is terminally ill and wanted to see his family and be surrounded by them in his final months or maybe years. However, I think deals were made because if the rightful PM who won the election had become PM then the generals may have found life a little sticky. There is no crime greater than a soldier overthrowing their own government and taking it at the end of a gun. We in Britain learned that way back in 1649 with Oliver Cromwell.