Donald Trump blocked from Maine presidential ballot in 2024

CharlieH

On 12/30/2023 at 3:36 PM, candide said:

No! They can't! What's happening at the Southern border (whatever one may think about it), cannot be qualified as inciting insurrection in any way.

More like a dereliction of duty. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Just my opinion. I'm allowed to have it. It is shared by many others, including Maine Democrats like representative Jared Golden, who criticized the ruling: “I voted to impeach Donald Trump for his role in the January 6th Insurrection. I do not believe he should be re-elected as President of the United States,” Golden wrote. “However, we are a nation of laws, therefore until he is actually found guilty of the crime of insurrection, he should be allowed on the ballot.”

That is also my stance. There are more in here:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/29/trump-maine-2024-ballot-00133306

She is not a qualified lawyer. Neither am I but my qualifications are better, if you must know.

Trump is not a lawyer either, and he became president. He was and still is a serial liar.

Rudy Giuliani was mayor of New York and a lawyer. Admittedly not a very good one, or he would not have been stiffed by Trump for his fee and cast aside.

Does it say anywhere that to be a senator or a secretary of State for a state that you have to be a lawyer.

Some of the richest and most influential in the USA have never been lawyers either.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Agree 1

On 12/30/2023 at 1:41 PM, Danderman123 said:

Actually, Ted Cruz was not born in the US, and his parents were not US citizens.

He's eligible to run for president.

Several lawsuits and ballot challenges asserting that Cruz was ineligible to become U.S. president were filed at the time. None were successful, and in February 2016, the Illinois Board of Elections ruled in Cruz's favor, stating, "The candidate is a natural born citizen by virtue of being born in Canada to his mother who was a U.S. citizen at the time of his birth."

Cruz's mother was born in Wilmington, Delaware. She is of three-quarters Irish and one-quarter Italian descent, and earned an undergraduate degree in mathematics from Rice University in the 1950s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps the poster you replied to fails to understand that if it's OK to assassinate Trump, then it's OK to assassinate any candidate anyone doesn't like. Can't have it both ways, as Trump is not a special case under the law, despite the desire of many on here to lock him up or more, without any trial.

Heavy on the "without a trial". 

In the Maine case, there was no open discussion, no opportunity to defend himself or present an argument on his behalf.  Just a unilateral decision by a partisan hack.  If there's anyone that doesn't bother, I don't understand their thinking.  Because it may be you or yours that they come after next.

Edit:  I'd add that I didn't respond to Tug's post, because if he had substituted "Biden" for "Trump" he'd probably be getting a visit from the FBI.

Edited by impulse
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/30/2023 at 9:14 PM, Tug said:

taken a slug to the back of the skull for what he has so blatantly obviously done

What has Trump done to deserve being shot?  You've lost what little remains of your mind.

Are you referring to the dem hoax "insurrection" fake narrative that never occurred, at least according to the FBI, and no one charged or indicted, not one of the 1000's of protesters charged with insurrection. Any there more ludicrous and and asinine  comments you wish to add? LOL.

FBI/claim_insurrection_Nil

WAEXAM_22FBINoInsurrection22.jpg.997884c608c22f8656696d46736b7d06.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/30/2023 at 4:36 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Well done Shenna, you just made Trump more popular.

I doubt Maine would vote for Trump anyway, so it's just blather IMO.

The Democrat-controlled Maine legislature picked her. She’s not a lawyer, she's an undergrad in econ/environment, yet she issued a legal ruling Trump (somehow) incited an (unarmed) “insurrection” on January 6th. And she legally decreed Trump is (somehow) disqualified under a provision of the 14th Amendment enacted after the Civil War to chase out of office Confederates who fought the Union. She legally determined she—a partisan state election official— (somehow) has the power to unilaterally disqualify a presidential candidate. So hundreds of thousands of Maine voters don’t get to decide their presidential nominee. This arrogant, rabid nut-job should get sent to a padded cell.

FYI

https://heartland.org/opinion/colorado-supreme-court-repeatedly-quotes-trump-out-of-context-to-ban-people-from-voting-for-him/

This loony tactic by deranged bidenites is all for show and election interference and another Biden attack on democracy. Maybe red states will return the favor to Biden and removed him from the ballot under 14th-A/Section 3 as there are some acts under his admin that qualify for the self executing enforcement of the 14th, specifically giving aid and comfort to enemies. The get Trump obsession is/will backfire under the oh so stupid democrat losers. Someone mentioned Trump is lucky he has not been gifted with a slug to his skull, well, that may be the only way to stop MAGA Trump. This imbecile in Maine and her laughable exercise showcasing her moronic tendencies is gonna cost them dearly but bump up the leader, Trump, in popularity and polling.

Maine_suspendedcomment..jpg.27e9eabd6442fe1246e36431c364d738.jpg

Read the decision here

Edited by illisdean
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Trippy said:

More like a dereliction of duty. 

Only a true MAGA cultists would consider apprehending record numbers of illegals as "dereliction of duty".

Trump's Border Patrol caught less than Biden.

Is that a greater dereliction of duty?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Heavy on the "without a trial". 

In the Maine case, there was no open discussion, no opportunity to defend himself or present an argument on his behalf.  Just a unilateral decision by a partisan hack.  If there's anyone that doesn't bother, I don't understand their thinking.  Because it may be you or yours that they come after next.

Edit:  I'd add that I didn't respond to Tug's post, because if he had substituted "Biden" for "Trump" he'd probably be getting a visit from the FBI.

Given Maine is likely to vote Democrat it's of no real significance re electoral college votes for Trump, but the political implications are massive, and not good for Maine.

Was there even any point in not having him on the ballot other than silly virtue signalling?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, illisdean said:

What has Trump done to deserve being shot?  You've lost what little remains of your mind.

Are you referring to the dem hoax "insurrection" fake narrative that never occurred, at least according to the FBI, and no one charged or indicted, not one of the 1000's of protesters charged with insurrection. Any there more ludicrous and and asinine  comments you wish to add? LOL.

FBI/claim_insurrection_Nil

WAEXAM_22FBINoInsurrection22.jpg.997884c608c22f8656696d46736b7d06.jpg

FBI resisted opening probe into Trump’s role in Jan. 6 for more than a year

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Only a true MAGA cultists would consider apprehending record numbers of illegals as "dereliction of duty".

Trump's Border Patrol caught less than Biden.

Is that a greater dereliction of duty?

:cheesy:

I already pointed out to you the reason less were apprehended under Trump, but you keep saying the same thing as if that would make it true.

You really are a funny guy. Keep those joke posts coming.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

I already pointed out to you the reason less were apprehended under Trump, but you keep saying the same thing as if that would make it true.

You really are a funny guy. Keep those joke posts coming.

Everyone has excuses.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, illisdean said:

Who cares.

Everyone knows (except you) now the "insurrection" was a speaking indictment and propaganda hoax same as the fake Russia dossier and associated hoax. A big fat nothing-burger thats all beginning to unravel. But, show some evidence of insurrection and anyone charged for insurrection before, during, after Jan 6 capitol riots. Go ahead, make yourself look more foolish if thats even possible.

The Steele dossier was compiled as a collection of rumors about Trump. Nobody hid that.

The Trump Russia investigation resulted in dozens of indictments, and Trump cronies went to prison.

The Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were convicted of insurrection (sedition) and conspiracy.

I am sorry if reality makes you uncomfortable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The Trump Russia investigation resulted in dozens of indictments, and Trump cronies went to prison

LOL...okay, back up your claims with some evidence of the crimes, convictions, and who was indicted for crimes of Russian collusion. Go ahead, I want to know who colluded with Russia and was convicted of crimes in this treasonous democratic orchestrated deep stage gong show hoax to remove a sitting president.

Edited by illisdean
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The Steele dossier was compiled as a collection of rumors about Trump. Nobody hid that.

The Trump Russia investigation resulted in dozens of indictments, and Trump cronies went to prison.

The Proud Boys and Oath Keepers were convicted of insurrection (sedition) and conspiracy.

I am sorry if reality makes you uncomfortable.

and yet, and yet Trump was not convicted because of it, despite him being the reason for it to be invented.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and yet, and yet Trump was not convicted because of it, despite him being the reason for it to be invented.

Because of standing DoJ policy. Which is a main reason for him running again, trying to escape justice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1