What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

be the judge by yourself... many times i watch highly rated movies/shows only to be disappointed. try season 1 1st. it has a good storyline and the actors are ok. the cinematography beats many sci-fi movies hands down. you do what you wish... but it is quite good

I take reviews into proportionate account. SciFi often gets mediocre reviews as a matter of course but as a fan I usually find it worth watching anyway. I liked Foundation OK despite hating its serious flaws and annoyances. I dream of what it could have been. Highly rated are sometimes the worst, given high ratings because of agreeable politics, or because Brits love Brits. A lot of absolute shredding, though, tends to be on the mark; and I hate wasting time. I may take a look at the first episode. 

• Thanks 1

damn, this show sucks after ep 1. all episodes are uploaded already... full of cliches and very predictable... terrible

Too Good to Be True Season 1

Rachel, a single mother and cleaner, is offered a better job by a wealthy businessman. She accepts, but grows suspicious of his motives as she becomes more involved in his affairs.

Genres:  Drama
Actors:  Kara TointonAllen LeechAlexandra Moen
Directors:  
Countries:  Ireland

i only watched ep 1 and can already predict that the psycho in the show is obsessed with the heroines son...
Edited by Pouatchee
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

for anyone who missed this sci-fi series that came out in 2020 this is a very good show. unfortunately it only ran for 2 seasons and was cancelled

Raised by Wolves (2020)

After Earth is torn apart by religious differences and the human race teeters on the edge of extinction, an atheistic android architect sends two of his creations, Mother and Father, to start a peaceful, godless colony on the planet Kepler-22b.

Looked interesting, petered out after a few episodes, gave it up.

I've mentioned Silo before:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14688458/

And Andor is pretty good, best recent effort in the Star Wars genre:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9253284/

Mandalorian gets a lot of love but didn't do much for me, quickly dropped it.

Star Trek: Strange New Wolds was tolerable in the 1st season, 2nd season not worth watching

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12327578/

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I dont know if anyone is interested anymore, or even if it has been mentioned .. the penultimate, The Grand Tour, The sand job, aired on Thursday night - just one more and they are retiring.

here is a forgotten one. al pacino stars in it. quite frankly i will have to re-watch it cos i forgot it. it has good ratings of 7.2, but sometimes cant trust those

Hunters
HD TV-MA  7.2 2020 60 min
In 1977 New York City, a troubled young Jewish man bent on revenge is taken in by a secret group of Nazi hunters fighting a clandestine war against the cabal of high-ranking Nazi officials in hiding who work to create the Fourth R...
Type: TV
Genre: Drama, Crime, Mystery
Release: Feb 21, 2020

Cast: Al Pacino, Logan Lerman, Lena Olin

• Like 1

One Life

This looks good.

Tony Hopkins is always worth a look.

The story of Sir Nicholas 'Nicky' Winton, a young London broker who, in the months leading up to World War II, rescued over 600 children from Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

One Life

This looks good.

Tony Hopkins is always worth a look.

The story of Sir Nicholas 'Nicky' Winton, a young London broker who, in the months leading up to World War II, rescued over 600 children from Nazi-occupied Czechoslovakia.

I was just going to post this, excellent and very moving at the end, I kind of remembering it happening when it all came out in the late 80's, Highly recommended, don't watch the trailer, its a bit of a spoiler

• Thumbs Up 1

started watching ep 1... 3 out so far. stopped 1/2 way. for me.. terrible. share if you enjoy and why you enjoy

The Way (2024)

The Way taps into the social and political chaos of today's world by imagining a civil uprising which begins in a small industrial town.Meet the Driscolls - an ordinary family, in an extraordinary story of life, death and survival.

Released: February 19, 2024
Genres:    Drama
Countries: United Kingdom
Companies: BBC Studios BBC iPlayer
Cast: Michael Sheen Luke Evans Mark Lewis Jones Aneurin Barnard Paul Rhys Patrick Baladi Tom Cullen Danny Sapani Steffan

• Thanks 1

new marvel movie just out... sucks prairy oysters... imho

maybe you can enjoy...

Madame Web

Forced to confront revelations about her past, paramedic Cassandra Webb forges a relationship with three young women destined for powerful futures…if they can all survive a deadly present.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

here is some new blood coming out... hope not to be disappointed. 3 shows to be released today or tomorrow

4 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Thx, and the other 2?

i thought that was pretty clear...

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Same day release

i then added this  to clarify... i guess some guys here dont like clarifications even when op was pretty clear

i just checked and 3 shows are now available for viewing

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Confused 2