What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

Currently watching 'The North Water' with Stephen Graham and enjoying it very much.

Also watched 'The Virtues' another with Stephen Graham and thought it was good. Very gritty realism as expected from Shane Meadows, almost painful to watch sometimes. 

I thought the ending could have been better though.

'Sisu' is another I enjoyed.

I finally got through 'Griselda' thought it got a bit stale towards the end. 

I tried '3 Body Problem' and gave up after the first episode and downloaded the Chinese original ' The Three-Body Problem' which is much better.

Thanks to all those who recommended these. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, recom273 said:

This has to be some of the best TV in years. 

West Oxfordshire District Council must be fuming every time a new season appears exposing their petty bureaucracy

in every show.

In the first season I thought Caleb was the star of the show, but I love everytime

Charlie appears - watching him last night as Clarkeson was attempting to cut a branch with a chainsaw was a classic. 

Charlie Mr no no no no 😄

West Oxfordshire District Council need investigating :ph34r:

Clarkson should not be using a chainsaw if he does not know to cut under a horizontal limb first, let alone using it at eye level wearing no safety gear, could have been very nasty......

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Marcous said:

Currently watching 'The North Water' with Stephen Graham and enjoying it very much.

Also watched 'The Virtues' another with Stephen Graham and thought it was good. Very gritty realism as expected from Shane Meadows, almost painful to watch sometimes. 

I thought the ending could have been better though.

'Sisu' is another I enjoyed.

I finally got through 'Griselda' thought it got a bit stale towards the end. 

I tried '3 Body Problem' and gave up after the first episode and downloaded the Chinese original ' The Three-Body Problem' which is much better.

Thanks to all those who recommended these. 

Thanks for the heads up about The North Water. Anything with Stephen Graham in it is usually very good. I've seen the Virtues and enjoyed that.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 9:48 AM, ozz1 said:

Just watched unfrosted quite funny and offbeat with jerry Seinfeld its light entertainment with a lot of celebrities

IMDB gives a score of 5.6 which I think is overly generous. I couldn't suffer more than 10 minutes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mrs. Davies

A bit weird but helped yesterday's 11 hour flight pass by much quicker...  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14759574/

Sister Simone partners with her ex-boyfriend Wiley on a globe-spanning journey to destroy Mrs. Davis, a powerful artificial intelligence.

Cypher: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7759130/

Will Scott, one of the NSA's leading crypto-analysts is hired by the FBI to crack a heavily coded document. He soon discovers it's a hit list, putting him in the cross-hairs of the bad guys who want it back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just watched season 1 of Ripley and it was very good IMHO. It was recommended by @oxo1947 earlier in this topic.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11016042/

I enjoyed the movie, "The Talented Mr Ripley" as I especially like Matt Damon and thought he was excellent in the movie, so I may well have a look at this series as much time has passed and I'm often in the mood for watching movies I watched previously.

On that note, I downloaded and watched "Kursk" last night and enjoyed it (again).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

I enjoyed the movie, "The Talented Mr Ripley" as I especially like Matt Damon and thought he was excellent in the movie, so I may well have a look at this series as much time has passed and I'm often in the mood for watching movies I watched previously.

On that note, I downloaded and watched "Kursk" last night and enjoyed it (again).

What a coincidence. I downloaded The Talented Mr Ripley this afternoon and have just started watching it fifteen minutes ago. I've had to pause the movie because the battery is low on my Bluetooth headphones and it will take about 20 minutes to charge them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been waiting for this one.

A heart-warming story of the love between a wild otter, Molly, and her devoted rescuer, Billy, set in the remote Scottish islands of Shetland.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Will27 said:

A heart-warming story of the love between a wild otter, Molly, and her devoted rescuer, Billy, set in the remote Scottish islands of Shetland.

I thought bestiality was illegal.

Maybe not in Scotland.

Edited by gargamon
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

What is a safe place to download movies from? At the moment I stream online via Bmovies and Yesmovies

IMO Torrent Galaxy is the best.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2024 at 7:31 AM, Will27 said:

Thought this was pretty dull. Billy got to feed a wild otter, wow!

• Sad 1

On 5/9/2024 at 9:31 AM, stupidfarang said:

What is a safe place to download movies from? At the moment I stream online via Bmovies and Yesmovies

torrents

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2024 at 10:31 AM, stupidfarang said:

Current stuff from scene dash rls dot net. Select the dropa source for free downloads just by entering 4 digits.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Current stuff from scene dash rls dot net. Select the dropa source for free downloads just by entering 4 digits.

Seems that site is dead.