What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

38 minutes ago, giddyup said:

There's a few plot holes, but overall this was quite enjoyable, especially the performances by Asher Keddie and David Wenham.

David Wenham is always worth a look.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 5:41 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

I just started watching  this (The Gangs of Galacia (Clanes)) yesterday and it's good so far IMHO.

I give this a 👍 also.  A slight inconvenience that soundtrack is only Spanish with English subs.

Crime, love, betrayal, infidelity, revenge, moral dilemma, redemption.... I probably missed the kitchen sink part.

8 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I give this a 👍 also.  A slight inconvenience that soundtrack is only Spanish with English subs.

Crime, love, betrayal, infidelity, revenge, moral dilemma, redemption.... I probably missed the kitchen sink part.

Netflix is dubbed English

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I really enjoyed it but it is not nearly as much fun as Crooks

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/6/2024 at 1:02 PM, BigStar said:

Great, great series for SF fans. Went off the rails in the last season or so, but still watchable.

Talk's cheap on the 'net. In other circumstances, you could well decide you were just abysmally wrong about that.

Don't infer your own proclivities to others.

Not sure what "The Bikeriders" was supposed to be, if it had been filmed in black and white you'd swear it was a B grade movie from the 60's. Corny as hell.

16 hours ago, Jethro Tull said:

Anyone know if the last episode of Colin from Accounts ( S02E08 ) is available anywhere, preferably to stream but download if necessary.

Yes, it’s available in the series pack S02E01-08

Did anyone catch Blackspace an Iseraeli drama, about a school massacre? S02 just appeared and I have been catching up on S01. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Am I getting so jaded that so many movies are just dross and I can't suffer more than 10 minutes? This one joined that very long queue.

True. Don't watch any later movies. Dawn Of Planet Of The Apes (2014) was supposedly pretty good and the last worth a look. I did download it, haven't got to it yet.

I just finished Beyond the Sea (2004) and liked it a lot. Kevin Spacey did an incredible job, almost won an Oscar.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363473/

It's a bit idealized for movie purposes, less tragic of a memorable story than it really was, so one should read at least the Wikis on Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Not sure what "The Bikeriders" was supposed to be, if it had been filmed in black and white you'd swear it was a B grade movie from the 60's. Corny as hell.

Is it available as a torrent?

21 hours ago, Jethro Tull said:

Anyone know if the last episode of Colin from Accounts ( S02E08 ) is available anywhere, preferably to stream but download if necessary.

EZTV and 1337x

• Thumbs Up 1

I may have mentioned this before but I have just watched, IMO, a very good movie on iPlayer, called "Mr Jones" and it is very pertinent with what is happening with regard to Russia's war against Ukraine right now.

Well worth seeking out as it is a cut above some of the other rubbish out at the moment.

• Like 1

Mastermind: To Think Like a Killer 

From award-winning executive producers Dakota and Elle Fanning and critically acclaimed collaborators comes “Mastermind: To Think Like A Killer,” a fascinating new perspective on the woman whose crime hunting innovations changed history. To stop serial killers, psychiatric nurse and professor Dr. Ann Burgess must first learn to think like one.

With unprecedented access to the mastermind behind the development of modern serial-killer profiling, the series tells Burgess’ tenacious story and her compassion for victims which puts her at the center of America’s most infamous true-crime cases. From the widely known Ed Kemper and Ted Bundy to lesser-known cases like the Ski Mask Rapist, Burgess investigates and studies the damaged psyches of victims and their attackers, putting two halves of the same story together to catch a killer. 

Largely an unsung heroine until now, Dr.Burgess impacted not only the FBI, she also radically championed the plight of women in America.

The Spy in the Bag: New Revelations

I saw a documentary about Russians being killed in the UK a while ago.
To conclude this was an accident is absurd.

Re-examining the shocking case of MI6 spy Gareth Williams, who was found dead inside a padlocked duffel bag in the bath of his London flat.

But is this mystery still unsolved?

11 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

The Night Caller...... 4 episodes all out  Chanel 5 UK 

Its OK....not edge of your seat, but good acting I thought.

I've watched that and thought it was good.

• Like 1

I watched the movie, "House of Gucci" last night and thought it was pretty good, with Adam Driver, Al Pacino and Jared Leto turning in good performances, whereas I didn't think Lady Gaga came across as mean and conniving as she was supposed to be.

All the same, it was a good evening's entertainment. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I watched the movie, "House of Gucci" last night and thought it was pretty good, with Adam Driver, Al Pacino and Jared Leto turning in good performances, whereas I didn't think Lady Gaga came across as mean and conniving as she was supposed to be.

All the same, it was a good evening's entertainment. 

I happen to know Patricia Gucci (went to same high school in Switzerland) and she hated the movie. It is so far from the truth like most Hollywood "true" drama's and historical movies.

The Jetty

New show from the Beeb just started.

Follows Det. Ember Manning as she must figure out how a fire at a vacation home is connected to a podcast journalist investigating a missing person's cold case and an illicit love triangle between a man in his 20s and two underage girls.

• Like 2