Dismiss "Wokeness" - Stop doing business with people who hate you and your traditional values

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It hasn't become so. Just because the extreme right wing wish to use it as a dog whistle code word doesn't mean it's meaning has changed. Read the dictionary for a change.

I did.

Merriam-Webster unabridged The meaning of WOKE is aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice) —often used in contexts that suggest someone's expressed beliefs about such matters are not backed with genuine concern or action.

Notice the references to green and gender...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke

Edit:  They update dictionaries regularly to catch up with common usage.  As I recall, it used to be once a year in print.  Nowadays, it can be instantaneous.  Or as soon as the committee decides...

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 2

Getting crazy of all these BS things. And it al come to "Divide and conquer". Woke/not woke, mask/no mask, vaccine/no vaccine, Biden/Trump etc etc..............Who the F cares. Just life your live and be nice for each other. 

Old people (like me) should be a bit more open to the idears of younger generations whether you agree or not. I dont like most of todays music just like my parents did not like mine. Does not mean one or the other is right.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, impulse said:

But it's not just the interweb.  Folks in Thailand are generally shielded, but not so much in the west. 

Like the fidiots blocking traffic to protest climate change, or Israel.  People being accosted on the street for wearing an "offensive" red hat.  Service people getting beat up because they misgendered a customer (when they really got the gender right).  And myriad of other offenses that weren't offensive, certainly not when I was growing up.  Some of them even ending up in jail, fired, or worse.

I am sure this happens. I saw videos of those incidents on the internet.

But how often does it happen? How often does it happen to real people in the real world? Is it something which happens every day? Or once a month? Or you have a friend who knows someone who had this happening?

I have not much contact with people outside Thailand, and no contact to anyone in the USA. I simply don't know how often it happens in real life. 

9 hours ago, ericthai said:

yes you're right, please use the correct saying "pushing maximum density"

But the song ZOOM by Larry's Band, and that one by Queen about the bottoms on girls would not be quite the same. 

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure this happens. I saw videos of those incidents on the internet.

But how often does it happen? How often does it happen to real people in the real world? Is it something which happens every day? Or once a month? Or you have a friend who knows someone who had this happening?

I have not much contact with people outside Thailand, and no contact to anyone in the USA. I simply don't know how often it happens in real life. 

Good question.  Recently living on the butt end of Galveston Island in a community that started out as a bunch of fishing shacks (that's slowly morphing into a high end community), I only witnessed it a few times a year.  Usually on the other end of town where the services and hospital are, but sometimes with AirBNB'ers in the neighborhood.   I don't drink, for decades, and I'm pretty sure that shields me from a lot of f*ckn*ttery in the bars I no longer frequent, but that's not a new woke phenomena.

My sister and her daughter both live near Houston downtown to be closer to their lucrative oilfield jobs.  They are constantly telling me horror stories of things that have happened in their neighborhoods and the park they walk to for exercise.  And in my niece's case, stuff she witnesses from the window of her high floor condo.  Makes them afraid to go out shopping after dark., and a lot is related to "catch and release" by the popo.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I can understand the terms <deleted> and negro are offensive, although apparently the first term is used quite freely within the racial group itself.

It's when the term black is no longer acceptable, and is replaced by the unwieldy African-American, I start calling BS.

It's the same in Australia, Aborigine has been replaced by the term Koori.

Canada, it's First Nations.

Where does it end? The Normans making restitution to the Saxons, perhaps? Are there any Picts left for a Saxon apology?

To me, it's the tail wagging the dog.

'N***a' is not a term hated by blacks (sic) it is used extensively by blacks in public, to refer to themselves. One can therefore say it is not offensive at at all to them. Personally it is not a term I have ever used much, and was offended when I moved to US where it is used quite widely, until I became used to hearing it.

Fundamentally though, I dispute the legitimacy of laws making any given word, hate speech if one race says it eg whites, but nor hate speech if another group uses it eh black people.

On another note I see the common capitalisation of the 'Black', in 'Black people'. We don't write 'White people' do we? No, we write white people. And I never used the cumbersome term African Americans ( or african americans :), which is typical US butchery of a perfectly good language. Overall I am against using the term 'earth moving implement' for the term 'tool'.....there are enough tools in the woke movement already without adding to them. 

Edited by retarius
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

My sister and her daughter both live near Houston downtown to be closer to their lucrative oilfield jobs.  They are constantly telling me horror stories of things that have happened in their neighborhoods and the park they walk to for exercise.  And in my niece's case, stuff she witnesses from the window of her high floor condo.  Makes them afraid to go out shopping after dark., and a lot is related to "catch and release" by the popo.

I think what you are referring to is crime. I don't know if and how much that is related to wokism.

I guess no incarnating criminals is (in part) woke.

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

~

It's indeed good advice to 'get a life' and not wasting your time getting into arguments with anonymous woke idiots on the Internet. 

And it's true that ignoring them does work with these foot-soldiers/parrots of the Woke movement.

But it becomes a different matter when large corporations or government institutions are doing the woke bidding. 

E.g. the social media giants deciding what information is accepted on their sites based on woke criteria. Or organizations hiring/promoting people in leadership positions not only based on merit/qualifications but also whether the candidate 'ticks the right woke boxes' to meet the organization's social credit score.  Or government institutions and mainstream-media pushing the accepted narrative. 

In those cases you might want to simply ignore the nonsense, but it will affect you whether you want it or not.  And that's the main reason the woke mindset pervading society cannot be ignored, but should be actively dismissed. 

Good luck that some companies wake up that their woke ideas were stupid.

'Go Woke, Go Broke': Victoria’s Secret Is Bringing Sexy Back - America Insider

• Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 9:58 AM, ozimoron said:

Racists don't get to change the dictionary.

Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".

"Alert". Not brain dead moronic misuse of words intended to hurl invective.

Yes the word was coined by blacks to advance their cause, and BS claim that all whites are racists. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think what you are referring to is crime. I don't know if and how much that is related to wokism.

I guess no incarnating criminals is (in part) woke.

Yeah, when you get a guy with 15 priors and 3 pending assault cases, repeatedly let out on zero bond because he's oppressed...

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It hasn't become so. Just because the extreme right wing wish to use it as a dog whistle code word doesn't mean it's meaning has changed. Read the dictionary for a change.

"the extreme right wing"   You just had to get that misused phrase in didn't you  ?

It is you that needs to read a dictionary, and the sooner the better.  You cannot keep referring to people who's only crime is to not agree with you, with those words. Well I suppose legally you can , but do you have any idea how ridiculous it makes you appear to normal people,  Hopefully the justified scorn and criticism you have received on this thread will put an end to your virtue signalling once and for all.  

If not do yourself a favour and continue your trolling elsewhere, i suggest a forum where others of your ilk loiter

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/4/2024 at 9:23 AM, Red Phoenix said:

I came across this great opinion piece written by James Gorrie on "Wokeness" and how to get rid of it.

In the article he makes some hard-hitting points, e.g. about the distortion of language, where Wokish words now almost mean the opposite of what they used to. 

"A big part of the woke movement’s success lies in its Orwellian distortion of language so that commonly understood meanings of words are inverted to mean the opposite. For example, words such as “tolerance” really mean intolerance of competing ideas and values, and “inclusion” found in the common woke phrase “diversity, equity, and inclusion,” or DEI, really means excluding traditional ideas, values, and beliefs.

This post is a good opening shot to trigger the discussion about the Woke phenomenon, that you currently see all around you.  And fortunately more and more people are waking up to that dystopian world-view and don't want to have anything to do with it.  The Bud Light story and the latest Disney movie-bummers being some examples of 'Enough is Enough'...

= = =

2024: The Year to Cancel ‘Wokeness’ in America

Stop doing business with people who hate you and your traditional values.

Source: https://www.theepochtimes.com/opinion/2024-the-year-to-cancel-wokeness-in-america-5554997

Commentary

When it comes to spending their money and supporting their values, many Americans are now wide awake, and most don’t like what they see. “Peak Wokeness,” a term that may or may not be new (it is to me), is now pervasive in our lives and dominates our culture.

Undoubtedly, it would like to do the same with our private thoughts and our closely held traditional values and beliefs.

It just about does.

Wokeness Is Orwellian – and Everywhere

The woke crowd in America is loud, proud, and ... Stalinesque. It’s literally forcing communism down our collective throats.

Worse, these greatly misguided and extremely intolerant people are seemingly everywhere—from your coffee shop and your bank and your 401k investments to the shows you pay to watch on your smart television. They’re in the boardrooms of corporate America; they run our schools, colleges, and universities that celebrate transgenderism and make indentured servants of their graduates­, and are in Human Resources departments to ensure that no independent thought or idea is expressed in the workplace.

A big part of the woke movement’s success lies in its Orwellian distortion of language so that commonly understood meanings of words are inverted to mean the opposite. For example, words such as “tolerance” really mean intolerance of competing ideas and values, and “inclusion” found in the common woke phrase “diversity, equity, and inclusion,” or DEI, really means excluding traditional ideas, values, and beliefs.

The US military is beginning to see the effects of radical far-left DEI.

It pretty much guarantees that if you are a military aged male of European ancestry, that you are going to blamed for every evil under the sun including things that are not.

You're white and you will be told that white people are bad.
You're male and you will be told that males are bad.
You're white and male so you will be handicapped in billets and promotions in order to guarantee "equity" for those who can not perform at your level of expertise and strength.
You will always be assumed to be a racist and a white supremacist, and you'll be blamed for slavery to boot (even though your own grand-parents didn't move to the United States until decades after slavery was abolished).
You're conservative and you are told that conservatives are violent insurrectionists and racists.

Like the OP stated, language is being inverted and subverted.  As a veteran, I would not join nor would I suggest any other male of European descendant to join. I personally will not work for an organization or individuals who literally hate me and are quite open about it.  And the vibes coming out of the DEI-embracing Pentagon is that you simply will not advance based on merit

In my lifetime we have come almost full circle to a point where it will be socially acceptable to discriminate against white males...in the name of “diversity, equity, and inclusion,” of course, and reverse racism will become an institution supported by the government whom wishes for you to be cannon-fodder for US and G-7 foreign policy goals.

How will the progressive-left get around this when they light a match that sets a new world war on fire as the US has taken on the moniker of Team America: World Police and will need a couple of million warm-bodies to fight a multi-front war against the Axis Of Evil (any country or world leader who refuses to bend a knee to Western hegemony. 

Men of European ancestry are not welcome.  And they know it.  And as such?  They are shunning military service. I don't blame them. The only way the Pentagon is going to get the cannon-fodder it needs to to conscript.  And I'm pretty sure that a lot of Gen-Zer of all skin colors, sexes, and genders will choose to pack up and leave.

Personally I'll be surprised if the Earth is still an inhabitable place to live by Jan 1, 2026. Let see, I'll be mid-70s?
Fine by me.

Edited by connda
  • Haha 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:47 PM, ozimoron said:

Let's start at the beginning. Woke means understanding racial inequality. Emphasis on understanding.

woke (past tense)
  1. emerge or cause to emerge from a state of sleep; stop sleeping:
    "she woke up feeling better" · "I wake him gently"

On 1/3/2024 at 9:58 PM, ozimoron said:

Racists don't get to change the dictionary.

Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".

"Alert". Not brain dead moronic misuse of words intended to hurl invective.

Yet, racist have changed the meaning of the word to mean what ever they want it to mean.  
It seems, one meaning of racist is, you don't agree to my meaning of woke so you are a racist!

woke (past tense)

1 minute ago, radiochaser said:

Yet, racist have changed the meaning of the word to mean what ever they want it to mean.  
It seems, one meaning of racist is, you don't agree to my meaning of woke so you are a racist!

woke (past tense)

how many words in the English language have more than one meaning for identical spelling?

Just now, ozimoron said:

how many words in the English language have more than one meaning for identical spelling?

How many words in the English language has been changed to fit an agenda, then  used to demonetize people that you (generic you) don't agree with?

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, radiochaser said:

How many words in the English language has been changed to fit an agenda, then  used to demonetize people that you (generic you) don't agree with?

none. The woke woke is clearly defined in the dictionary.

The word "woke" means "understanding racial inequality".

Racists are enraged that some people might "understand" racial inequality and want to teach accurate history in schools. They co-opted the word to attack anyone who "understands racial inequality". They want to erase the word and it's meaning from the dictionary by claiming that the meaning has changed. It hasn't. The confederates have not yet truly surrendered.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

The word "woke" means "understanding racial inequality".

Racists are enraged that some people might "understand" racial inequality and want to teach accurate history in schools. They co-opted the word to attack anyone who "understands racial inequality". They want to erase the word and it's meaning from the dictionary by claiming that the meaning has changed. It hasn't. The confederates have not yet truly surrendered.

Have you ever met a real, live, clan, man (kkk)?