Retirement visa agent recommendations

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I've opened 5 bank accounts in my time in Thailand. The longest time it took was about 45 minutes.

You are so missing the point.

Recent threads re bank accounts have been in relation to folk entering Thailand with a tourist visa or visa exempt and planning to obtain a non O at immigration. (eg this thread)

In current times they will find it difficult.

In fact in Bangkok almost impossible as the certificate of residence requires you to have made a 90 day report.

Not possible on tourist visa or visa exempt. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Actually, no.

I've opened 5 bank accounts in my time in Thailand. The longest time it took was about 45 minutes.

when was the last time?
i have also opened multiple accounts' at multiple banks, 1st back in 85 but last one was way back in 2014>
TOTTALLY irrelevant  to opening one now

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Actually, no.

sorry, dam internet...

Edited by zzzzz
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/5/2024 at 3:22 AM, ME100 said:

I'm looking for trusted referrals for an agent who people have used and are very happy with please.

I have many friends who use Maneerat on soi 13/2 Pattaya. They are all very happy with the service.

Latest prices were 25k for non-imm O + 12 month extension (they'll also file a TM30 free if needed)

To get a bank account was 4500, which includes 500 baht bank deposit and the ATM card fee.

Edited by Pattaya57

15 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Sounds to me as though you should reconsider your desire to live in Thailand. Given the situation you describe you will be fringe legal, and will face ongoing hassle here.

Are you his therapist?  "fringe legal"  My passport has legal stamps not "fringe"          i used an agent. 

23 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I have many friends who use Maneerat on soi 13/2 Pattaya. They are all very happy with the service.

Latest prices were 25k for non-imm O + 12 month extension (they'll also file a TM30 free if needed)

To get a bank account was 4500, which includes 500 baht bank deposit and the ATM card fee.

Can someone explain to me how this works?

Do agents actually put the money in the bank (I can not imagine they would do that as you can run away with it) or do they simply pay off the immigration officer to ignore money in the bank part?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Do agents actually put the money in the bank (I can not imagine they would do that as you can run away with it) or do they simply pay off the immigration officer to ignore money in the bank part?

You think too much about stuff that doesn't matter. Just give Agent your passport and 25k and enjoy your 15 month hassle free visa 😉

42 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

You think too much about stuff that doesn't matter. Just give Agent your passport and 25k and enjoy your 15 month hassle free visa 😉

FYI:
to use them, u need be in Pattaya<
Many dont, i did the math and with flying into  Bangkok, bus to Pattaya, 1-2 night hotel stay.. and back
It was cheaper /easier to use Thai visa centre via thai post office

4 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

FYI:
to use them, u need be in Pattaya<
Many dont, i did the math and with flying into  Bangkok, bus to Pattaya, 1-2 night hotel stay.. and back
It was cheaper /easier to use Thai visa centre via thai post office

OP already said he would like to live in Pattaya, hence my advice was for a Pattaya agent.

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

They transfer the 800k in, bank prints off letter showing 800k, 800k is then transferred back out again, all done in less than an hour. No financial check required with an agent

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

They transfer the 800k in, bank prints off letter showing 800k, 800k is then transferred back out again, all done in less than an hour. No financial check required with an agent

How does this work when the money is supposed to sit there for 2 months..... and 400k throughout the extension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

not necessarily so 

3 hours ago, Celsius said:

How does this work when the money is supposed to sit there for 2 months..... and 400k throughout the extension.

5 months if Jomtien.

The agents side-step that little matter..

11 hours ago, Celsius said:

My understanding is that typically when it comes to legally using an agent, (where one meets the nominal requirements but wants the convenience of an agent) one signs over a very limited power of attorney to the agent, (ie either for some immigration aspect, or some banking aspect) where they can legally conduct an activity on one's behalf.    Obviously it behooves one to ensure the power of attorney is strictly limited to this activity and limited to a specific timeframe. 

When it comes to opening bank accounts, I believe one is facing HQ (main bank) bank policy as to which accounts they allow to be opened, and not so much any legal aspects preventing an account to be opened for a given expat.

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

how have you seen it work?

not for me to divulge the agents means bhut suffice to say i use an agent and have never seen a money transfer into my account when the agent had my bank book

3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

not for me to divulge the agents means bhut suffice to say i use an agent and have never seen a money transfer into my account when the agent had my bank book

sounds like one of those dodgy agents, be careful, extension doesn't sound legit

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

sounds like one of those dodgy agents, be careful, extension doesn't sound legit

NOPE>>>
thai visa centre
i got an official receipt for my last extension, cant get more legit than that
please better not comment on things u know nothing about 

2 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

NOPE>>>
thai visa centre
i got an official receipt for my last extension, cant get more legit than that
please better not comment on things u know nothing about 

i know loads about it, normal for the 800k to go in and out so the top immigration guy can sign off, now if you haven't got that he won't signoff, I'd be worried if i were you

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i know loads about it, normal for the 800k to go in and out so the top immigration guy can sign off, now if you haven't got that he won't signoff, I'd be worried if i were you

Again, you are wrong making stuff up

Edited by Pattaya57

The problem could be getting the job done by an agent, say in Pattaya, if you are actually living in a different city, say Chiang Rai. You have a stamp from Pattaya Immigration Office in your passport but you're not living there.

Am I wrong?

How would you deal with it?

Let's say the agent in Pattaya makes your 90 day reports with a fake address, you'd then be a Pattaya resident.

But you're also registered in Chiang Rai, the place you're actually living in.

What if one day you need a residence certificate?

These are the reasons why I'd advise against getting the job done by an agent at an Immigration Office that is not in the city you're living in. Correct me if am wrong.

Cheers

33 minutes ago, pub2022 said:

The problem could be getting the job done by an agent, say in Pattaya, if you are actually living in a different city, say Chiang Rai. You have a stamp from Pattaya Immigration Office in your passport but you're not living there.

Am I wrong?

How would you deal with it?

Let's say the agent in Pattaya makes your 90 day reports with a fake address, you'd then be a Pattaya resident.

But you're also registered in Chiang Rai, the place you're actually living in.

What if one day you need a residence certificate?

These are the reasons why I'd advise against getting the job done by an agent at an Immigration Office that is not in the city you're living in. Correct me if am wrong.

Cheers

You file a new tm 30 ( easy now with the new tm 30 online site)  AFTER ur extension is issued to where u actually live,
IF you want to...

if there wasn't some high ups involved, dont ya think they would just shut it all down?
TIT

On 1/5/2024 at 12:22 AM, ME100 said:

Hi All,

First off I apologize for not being able to use this site properly. I MAY understand more how to know!

Anyway, I  know I need an Agent to help me get my first Non-O Thai retirement visa. I only have the income required (3K, Social Security) and I do not have 800,000 baht additional. So, can a good agent, who is utterly reliable, to get this done for me under these conditions? 

I would like to live in Bangkok or Pattaya but - if required, I can live anywhere in the country the agent needs. I am 81 years old, from the USA, and not currently in Thailand.

I'm looking for trusted referrals for an agent who people have used and are very happy with please.

Thanks for all your help!

This lady can do this….Tar 0917627226 including money.

• Haha 1