Starbucks steams up with price hike, now costlier than Thailand’s minimum wage

webfact

45 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I sometimes would have an Amazon coffee at Sukhumvit MRT and watch people sitting in Starbucks across the way paying twice as much for the same thing. Muppets,

Where Amazon even have better coffee

• Thumbs Up 2

Come on give them some credit, you're paying for -2celsius temperature, there not many places in Thailand it gets that low.

9 minutes ago, retarius said:

I dislike Starbucks coffee. I go when we travel as it is the same everywhere and the food is reasonably priced. I find Starbucks coffee really weak and insipid, but that's a personal opinion. I always have to get an extra shot costing 50 baht to even get a coffee taste. Amazon's coffee is much better. 

Agree, sent americano back a few times as just tasted like hot water, replacements never a problem, but not much different either..

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, msbkk said:

In my opinion the large cups you are referring to just contain more water, not really more coffee grinds. The standard Americano coffee by definition always has 2 espressos filled up with water. If you fill in more water you can use a larger cup. I personally avoid Starbucks because of its watery and weak coffee for Americano.

I've only sampled twice at MEM airport, and truly terrible, besides expensive airport pricing, even with a discount.  Other coffee drinkers who's opinion I respect, concur, and also sampled TH's StarCrap, and agree, not worth the price of admission. 

Their muffins on the other hand were damn tasty, if fresh.  That's about the limit of my experiences with SC.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, Denim said:

That's what I think when I visit a gas station and sit outside 7/11 drinking my coffee and watch people across the forecourt drinking coffee in Amazon for twice the price. Muppets.

But how much is a Starbucks coffee anyway ?

Never tried one.

ouch. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Denim said:

That's what I think when I visit a gas station and sit outside 7/11 drinking my coffee and watch people across the forecourt drinking coffee in Amazon for twice the price. Muppets.

But how much is a Starbucks coffee anyway ?

Never tried one.

I get a cheap one from the kiosk in the food court, a large for 60 baht, and can then look across to an Amazon. My coffee tastes fine. Last time I used a Starbucks I did like the coffee, and the comfy seat, but can't remember what I paid as I they would not take cash and I used a CC. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Starbucks is dishwater masquerading as coffee.

IMO people go to Starbucks to be seen there, look at me, I'm in Starbucks so I must be rich/successful.

There is no better coffee in Pattaya. People don't pay that much for crap.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Starbucks is dishwater masquerading as coffee.

IMO people go to Starbucks to be seen there, look at me, I'm in Starbucks so I must be rich/successful.

Starbucks is like Thailand.

A foreigner shows up with his social security and tries to impress the lowest common denominator. Hey, I'm in Thailand! look at me! I so rich/successful.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

There are 474 starbucks outlets in Thailand, one of the top 10 in the world. Lots of money to be made by them. Their 5 baht increase will add billions to their bottom line.

image.jpg

Edited by freeworld
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Gave up drinking starbucks coffee's about 10 years ago.

Find smaller brands much better and equally as good.

The problem with starbucks one had to tell them everytime to not dilute their cups of coffee with milk.

Find Amazon, Ithanin, Leaf Cafe and Coffman coffee superior to starbucks and these dont need to be told everytime to put less milk in their coffees. Also the prices are far cheaper averaging 50 to 60 baht compared to starbucks 150 baht.

Edited by freeworld
  • Thumbs Up 2

It'll be interesting to see if the increase sticks (and whether competitors follow suit). 

Wouldn't be the first company that raised prices to increase per unit profit, only to find out they lost so much volume that they had to reverse themselves.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Another false headline, as looking at menu, only one coffee comes close to minimum wage.  The rest all in the <150 baht, and that is a rather large cup of coffee, 2-3X the size of some other shops.   So not even silly priced ... aside from the terrible flavor.

DISCLAIMER:  only sampled in USA

Same in Thailand, I don't see any "cup of coffee" that is priced over B300

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1