Thai Health Minister Proposes Marijuana Bill Focusing Only on Medical Use

webfact

On 1/8/2024 at 7:18 AM, bamnutsak said:

No surprise here. The current regime has been very consistent in voicing its intent to re-criminalize cannabis.

I think some are hoping for a soft landing on a very loosely controlled "medical-only" solution - "Doc, it hurts when I do this." - but that will probably not fly - MoPH and DTAM will 'control' Cannabis use and distribution. If cannabis is now so dangerous how can the government and its Ministry of Public Health allow anyone to smoke cannabis? 

It is clear that Cholnan et al are struggling with the re-criminalization, and there is no real 'middle path' through, so not sure where this ends up. They'll have to issue clear guidelines to the Police on what constitutes Cannabis 'crimes' since there is no intent (right now) to return Cannabis to the Narcotics list(s), and it is not illegal to produce, distribute or use < .02% THC today.

This Irish Kerfuffle provides some cover - Damn you Enzo and Harley - but is not significant given the MASSIVE quantities of hard drugs which Thailand complicity tranships throughout the world.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/press-office/press-releases/2024/pr-010524-cannabis-dublin-athlone-shannon-airport.aspx

Medical cannabis isn't usually smoked. It is ingested orally, often in a form of tablet.

One of the 'pleasures' of smoking cannabis is the 'bite' when it is inhaled. And no medical agency will condone smoking which is a known carcinogen

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Sure it is. 

But there's hundreds of anticargenogenic compounds in cannabis that oblierate the harmful effects.

That's why there's not one single scientific study that shows cannabis smoking causes increased risk of lung cancer.

Not one.

Cannabis is literally the safest substance on earth. 😏

As I said no medical agency will condone smoking especially when there is another and more simple means of taking it. Passive smoking i.e. inhaling other people's smoke is also a cause of cancer. The properties of cannabis regarding cancer do not obviate the risk from smoking.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RobU said:

As I said no medical agency will condone smoking especially when there is another and more simple means of taking it. Passive smoking i.e. inhaling other people's smoke is also a cause of cancer. The properties of cannabis regarding cancer do not obviate the risk from smoking.

I tend to think it is clutching at straws, even a pathetic nonsense to attempt to justify smoking cannabis......

Might be more of a use as palliative for those who got the cancer already. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Don't understand. Seizures as in confiscating, or medical ones. What's Ireland got to do with dope in Thailand? 

Apparently, cannabis has been shipped from Thailand - it may or may not have been produced here - to Ireland, where it was seized.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/press-office/press-releases/2024/pr-010524-cannabis-dublin-athlone-shannon-airport.aspx

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

More often as a sub-lingual oil, or edible.

Agreed.

You can't have young children, being treated for epilepsy, for example, or elderly folks with end-stage diseases, firing up the bong.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't particularly sure of the common medical delivery methodology

1 minute ago, Marco51 said:

I absolutely agree. There is so much more fun and eroticism with the howling, drunk to the hilts, aggressive, brawling, drooling, blubbering and testosterone driven male hordes in shorts, underwear, socks and sandals stumbling over and shoving each otherlike silly school boys  from gogo bar to gogo bar .

On a less serious note : the "stuff' on sale everywhere, not just Thighland, has nothing to do with what was called grass in the 70s to the 90s . "Stinks" is really what comes to mind and the power of the <deleted> is beyond the effects of black afghan or red lebanese of the 80s , just much less pleasant unless this is the mindset of the new millenium, might well be when looking around  and thank you very much. Give them a little finger and off comes the arm.

Now we have alcohol and cannabis a great combination of aggression and paranoia. Do you really think that smoking cannabis will replace drinking alcohol? It will merely be smoked in addition like having a fag with your pint. The paranoid symptoms of the excessive use of cannabis will provide the stimulus for aggressive behaviour of alcohol abusers.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2baht said:
4 minutes ago, impulse said:

to make sure that ganga isn't really yaba

You are out of touch! :whistling:

Are you claiming that there's no adulterated cannabis products being sold?  If so, how do you know that?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Are you claiming that there's no adulterated cannabis products being sold?  If so, how do you know that?

Go pour yourself a nice strong G&T! :whistling:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Go pour yourself a nice strong G&T! :whistling:

Took the oath in 1988.  Haven't had a drink or a toke since then.   But I do hang out with a lot of newly sober/ clean people who have horror stories about the ways their suppliers had of increasing profits and keeping their customers coming back.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, jackinthebox said:

hopefully they will close down ALL the Pot-Shops. I find them EXTREMLY boring. Especially in "Party-Areas" they are always empty and stinky (even if new renovated and clean). For example SoiCowboy: it IS a Beer/Girlie/LiveMusic/DJ-Area. Cannabis-Shops are a foreign matter in those environments.

maybe those 'dispensaries' in SoiCowboy opened up to cater the Thai market! many workers use it! as long as there is demand there will be supply!

the only one that sold his soul to the devil is Anutin. he's responsible for all Cannabis-developments, he opened it up some years ago and now it's difficult to turn the clock back!

• Agree 1