Thai actress slams Russian police and airline inaction after luggage theft

snoop1130

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Thai actress........must be a sooperstar................The ability to stare off into the distance, cry on cue, and scream uncontrollably, and have a stage Mother with hair styled on Marge Simpson

No different from actresses from your neck of the woods.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

That's not what you said.  You said boring. 

By the way, is there any one among you that if you met up with her would act differently than the way I described? 

I would ask her out to an expensive restaurant and buy her a bottle of exquisite French champagne to drink with our 7 course gourmet meal. During our conversation I would ask if I could buy her a house back in her village and offer to pay for her sick grandmother's hospital expenses. At all times I would remain a perfect gentleman and not expect her to offer herself in return.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why do you wonder that?

Just funning.

Recently in the news some guy at the airport found a ladies bag and is defending himself from accusation how he handled it, then another a few days ago some guy took a ladies handbag at a night club and now a ladies bag in her suitcase at an airport has gone missing.

17 hours ago, sirineou said:

They keep the casual thief out. If you don't have a lock it is a simple thing to open a zipper, and if anyone one saw it he can claim that it came open on it's own, but if he actively cut the lock (They are hard to cut, I once lost the key and had a hell of a time cutting it" ) then he is acting in a burglary and might have to think about it twice ,or go to the next soft target with no lock. 

Anything That reduces your exposure at a reasonable cost , is worth doing. 

there is that but I'm not sure you need a TSA approved one. As far as I know, and honestly I'm no expert, they usually break in through the zip, although more expensive luggage may be more difficult, but then expensive luggage suggests there might be something worth stealing. I put a cheap lock on mine just to stop the zip coming open.

It doesn't say why she had to put these items in checked baggage. Maybe she had a lot of other stuff to carry on. The size of some of the  carry on I see in economy is amazing, so assuming she was in business she must have a lot of other stuff.

1 hour ago, georgey said:
17 hours ago, retarius said:

$7200 for a Chanel handbag and a pair of sunglasses.....you have been robbed love, but by LVMH, not by the Russians.

What did LVMH have to do with it?

Leave him alone with his ignorance!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, Celsius said:
38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which other (hiso) airlines operate between those destinations in Russia? 

Hiso people don't go to Russia

Don't they?  Why did you bring it up in your comment, then?   

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Wonder, whether it was even real. Someone once gave me a fake Harrods bag here in Thailand. Took it to China as a shopping bag. Used it there once, or twice, cause it was stolen shortly after, right there in the middle of Walmart. (We were two, standing only a foot or two away, browsing the shelves... Gone in a minute!)

I didn't know back then how rampant theft is in China.

One bag stolen and therefore theft is rampant in China?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

Really?

The middle east ,Russia/ Ukraine  shouldn’t be a problem, ordinarily .

Personally I would avoid these areas right about now.

How naively she loaded her personal treasures! Ditzy comes to mind.

Oh well, for some its part of the learning process in life, I suppose,

learn the hard way.

Edited by riclag

Wondering if the sweetheart now gets skinned alive over the accusations against Aeroflot! And, as far as Chanel is concerned - provided it was genuine to start with - I cannot see anything sentimental as every HipHopVipHiSo girlie is swinging LVMH, Chanel and DC stuff around.....

If I would have such bags (which I can afford but never felt inclined to buy) I certainly would not need to take them on a vacation to heavy wintered Russia. Show off gone wrong? 

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, sirineou said:

They keep the casual thief out. If you don't have a lock it is a simple thing to open a zipper, and if anyone one saw it he can claim that it came open on it's own, but if he actively cut the lock (They are hard to cut, I once lost the key and had a hell of a time cutting it" ) then he is acting in a burglary and might have to think about it twice ,or go to the next soft target with no lock. 

Anything That reduces your exposure at a reasonable cost , is worth doing. 

This is why some folks always use the plastic wrap service at airports to totally wrap their check-in suitcases/bags. They're convinced nobody would stal them from the luggage carousel.

On the other hand thieves might well see these bags as plastic wrapped because they contain valuables. And thieves might well have studies exit doors etc., and know quick exit routes to get stolen bags out of the luggage arrival room very quickly.

At Japanese airports you retrieve your check-in bags then join a queue with luggage and your boarding pass then take your turn for the luggage officer to check that the numbers match. And they do check the numbers carefully. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Funning"?

funning (as in my comments were meant to be jokingly chucklesome for those who can read into it as such)

noun

1. Jesting; joking; the playing of sportive tricks.

verb

1. Present participle of fun.
Edited by freeworld
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why enyone want to fly to russia??

It her own fault missing belongings, them in war and need the money for buy bullits for the army.....

Why not stay there and help them against Ukrainian. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, scorecard said:

This is why some folks always use the plastic wrap service at airports to totally wrap their check-in suitcases/bags.

I have seen people with luggage plastic wrapped, at BKk its only 200 bht per piece. But I was wondering  how that would work with TSA.

With the TSA locks they have a pass key to open, search, and re-lock.

How would  it work with luggage that is plastic wrapped? 

8 hours ago, Sig said:

What idiotic lunacy.
"The only way you can do to avoid theft is to carry valuables with you and be alert. Thieves are everywhere.”  Duhhhh No Sh** Sherlock! Especially in Thailand! Oops... I mean Russia? That is the norm no matter where on this planet you go!
And she relies on a translation app to be so certain that she only got vulgarities from the Russian police? lol  Well, it might be accurate, but it might also have been well deserved! From the tenor of the article, I'd go with the latter. The eye-rolling from Aeroflot staff was likely just as well-deserved. I can almost hear the shrill entitled complaining now....
I think the police and the Aeroflot staff were thinking something along the lines of, Who on earth is stupid enough to use unlocked designer luggage (assumption) and carry expensive easily pocketable, expensive, designer goods and not keep their attention on their luggage in a Russian airport!!?? Hilarious how this makes news that is apparently intended to make her look like such a poor victim, but reveals more of the level of sheer stupidity.

That she was able to access some CCTV footage implies she has some skills. However, wearing dark glasses and having to peer over the top is not one of them.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, retarius said:

$7200 for a Chanel handbag and a pair of sunglasses.....you have been robbed love, but by LVMH, not by the Russians.

Quite easy especially adding Thai tax. In the uk chanel sunglasses start at over £300 and handbags start at over £4,000 and very quickly jump to 5 digits... 

1 hour ago, kimamey said:

there is that but I'm not sure you need a TSA approved one.

I am not an expert also.

And I am sure a determined thief could defeat them , like you said they could easily cut the zipper with a pair of box-cutters. There there IMO to deter the casual thief. and make it difficult enough so that they would move on to an easier target. 

Personally I never put anything of value (if I can help it) in a checked in bag. 

TSA locks are locks that the TSA has the codes or pass-key to open for inspection. Last summer traveling to Greece the wife had put a non TSA lock on one of the suitcases , when we got the lagage ,  there was a note saying "This bag has been opened for inspection" and the lock was cut. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dexxter said:

I would ask her out to an expensive restaurant and buy her a bottle of exquisite French champagne to drink with our 7 course gourmet meal. During our conversation I would ask if I could buy her a house back in her village and offer to pay for her sick grandmother's hospital expenses. At all times I would remain a perfect gentleman and not expect her to offer herself in return.

And from the look of het picture it might be worth it LOL.

But one thing for sure, no way would I argue with her , mention TSA locks or in any way disagree with her.:laugh:

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A lock of any description does not prevent a zipped case from being opened!  

I agree

but it might deter the casual thief. Also cutting a lock escalated the act to breaking and entering. Where without a lock a thief has plausible deniability, that the zipper had opined up on its own and hey " I was only trying to help and put things back in after they fell out on their own." 

4 hours ago, blazes said:

oooo, a bit sensitive we are today.  Why would you show to the world that you can't take a bit of AN ribbing? 

The whole world hey?  Finally my 15 min of fame. 

A comeback is in no way admision that that you can't take "ribbing"

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

One bag stolen and therefore theft is rampant in China?

One week later my ATM card was stolen  right in front of the checkout. Was in my backpocket, and I only realised it back home. Later more things were stolen from me. Never experienced having so many things stolen from me in such a short time.

• Agree 1