Bangkok pharmacy for Chlorthalidone (diuretic based high blood pressure med)

Rowdyman

I am visiting here and forgot my Chlorthalidone at home.  It is also called Chlorthalid, Hygroton, and Thalitone I believe.  I went to a pharmacy today to get some and they said it wasn't very common in Thailand.  Can anyone on this forum let me know if they have purchased this and where (in Bangkok).  Thanks and Salud.

Diamond Pharmacy (Petcharat Pharmacy) opposite entrance to Siriraj hospital, in Soi Siriraj... that's just across the river from Grand Palace. Big, purple place. Can't miss it. If they are closed for whatever reason, there's another pharmacy right next to it (and then some more) where you can ask as well. From experience so far, their prices are the same, but Petcharat certainly looks the best of all.

16 hours ago, Rowdyman said:

I am visiting here and forgot my Chlorthalidone at home.  It is also called Chlorthalid, Hygroton, and Thalitone I believe.  I went to a pharmacy today to get some and they said it wasn't very common in Thailand.  Can anyone on this forum let me know if they have purchased this and where (in Bangkok).  Thanks and Salud.

@RowdymanYes, it is available in Thailand as Chotalin 25 mg. My pharmacist informed me; however, he does not stock it. I guess you'll have to try some of the other suggestions, but at least I can confirm it's available.

Why are you taking a diuretic in Thailand as it's 36 degrees mid *winter*? Rhetorical question of course.

I'd recommend enalapril if it works for you. A few baht a tablet.

Edited by Sluglord