Thai Tiktokers slam Indian artists’ song as racist, sexist, insulting toward Thailand (video)

webfact

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

"One netizen admitted the video was insulting.“I feel bad when I learn the meaning of this song. It makes me sad to see foreigners using the song to make fun of Thailand, but it was even worse to see Thai people joining the trend."

followed by 

"Some netizens thought that the song was good for Thai tourism and that it would help foreigners know more about Bangkok, Pattaya, and Thailand. The heated debate continues"

I saw very few negative comments on tiktok then I looked on U tube and there were no negative comments at all from Thai So in my opinion the article in "The Thaiger" was far more insulting to Thai's, portraying them as oversensitive , and taking themselves too seriously which in my experience is just not true

A pathetic piece of clickbait at best, as expected from that excuse for an online newspaper

I find nothing more mundane than a so called newstory and the main segment of the topic is what Netizens said , loike who cares about some teenager posting on line and what they say and think?

One Netizen said and another replied , then another nitizen said .

If I was to read that they say, I will go to tiktok and read it 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I find it hard to believe this is offensive to that many Thais, theres a certain type looking for any excuse though I suppose.

The media is maybe overdue for a Thais are offended by a foreign movie or other entertainment that has to do with Thailand kind of furor like The Hang Over II or a Lady Gaga concert being cancelled because she mentioned fake rolexes

or that old Yul Bryner movie that shall go unnamed because of forum rules.

Too bad a story isn't run how some tourist hotels run by Thais do not admit mixed race guests particularly Thai women or Asian  with non-Asian guests. Thais offending Thais and Asians with racism and it creates a lot more hurt than a silly video. Its happened to me and my wife and once a freind was here on holiday with his Chinese-American wife and they were turned away from several Khao San Road guest houses.

They say they are worried how it looks to the other guests. Another reason I don't holiday here even though I live here

Considering how universally disliked Indians seem to be in Thailand, this is pretty mild payback, it really is no money no honey if you are an Indian tourist I can imagine. They should make their next video and call it Thailand Really Luv Me Jing Jing! And I Love Thailand Long Time Too Mutt!

Edited by Gilligan In Drag
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Perhaps2more said:

It's quite interesting to see no one here like Thailand and its people.

please explain why my previous post gives you that impression. I clearly stated that I considered the linked article insulting to Thais 

RSVP

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, the song (I assume, I have not listened to it) is probably racist, sexist, and insulting towards a particular group of men and women. Many songs, both contemporary and old, are - especially songs in this type of genre. :huh:

looks like somebody has just "woke" up   and now finds racism in songs he hasn't even listened to    :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, cdemundo said:

video is well.. meh

lyrics feature the immortal phrase "party, party, party".

surprised it got any attention at all.

this entire fabricated rubbish is probably part of a sophisticated marketing campaign to advertise a $hit song

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

correct me if i'm wrong but have thai not been selling that t shirt for 20 years now ? 

you are wrong bud  it's at least 30 years  take no notice I'm just being pedantic  I know what you meant

Edited by Bday Prang

3 hours ago, mberbae said:

The Famous Jack Nicholson quote comes to mind _ Thais Can't HANDLE the Truth !

few people can these days, and I am referring to matters of much greater importance than this

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

looks like somebody has just "woke" up   and now finds racism in songs he hasn't even listened to    :cheesy:

There's enough information in the article, including quotes from some lyrics, to justify my statement. 

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

There's enough information in the article, including quotes from some lyrics, to justify my statement. 

and there is enough information in both your comments to fully validate mine :clap2:

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, homeseeker said:

Over the years I have heard Thais make insulting remarks about Indians.

So if there is some truth in those remarks maybe the same applies to the lyrics etc in the  song!

Over the years I have heard people of all colours and creeds  make insulting remarks about all colours and creeds.. I myself have made insulting remarks about just about everybody at sometime,   It really isn't a big deal.   Its a perfectly natural part of human nature. just like laughing and crying 

4 hours ago, Ricardo99 said:

Thailand.... land of no sense of humour,

I thought that was Germany  but due to the modern progressive woke culture It probably applies to everywhere,  well it will eventually if that abomination is allowed to continue

Edited by Bday Prang

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Thais have this marvellous ability to be incensed by unimportant things but seem to have an uncanny knack of ignoring real issues in the country.

Ridiculous.

Sadly that statement applies to most people in all countries these days

Edited by Bday Prang

3 hours ago, rwill said:

I remember a long time ago when Thailand banned the song "One Night in Bangkok"   We went to a large waterpark here and they had it playing on their park sound system.

I remember the UK banned a song from chuck berry called "my ding a ling "  ( it went to No 1 in the charts as a result)  Censorship is not unique to Thailand

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Surasak said:

I do believe the Indian guy has the quote the wrong way round? Surely it should be 'No Honey, No Money'?

Yes, you are  right, but do not tell him....he needs to learn the hard way....55555.

5 hours ago, Udom said:

And they do not like when you can understand their language because they are afraid you might understand they're mocking you all the time...

if you could  understand their language to any meaningful degree, you would not have made that comment

12 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

"Some users even linked this to the context of sex work,".....Staggering that Thais could even think this phrase relates to hookers.....:) Narrow minded Thais need education badly!

It can not be about sex work or hookers or prostitution.  Those things do not exist in Pattaya ask the Police chief and mayor.

Not sure how many people here have been to Stones, but it is apropos that they used it as a center for the song.  It is a mix of couples and single girls looking to find a guy and guys looking to party hard.

BUT AGAIN, JUST AS WITH ANY ESTABLISHMENT, NO MONEY, NO HONEY.

Has anyone here ever gone into a bar, taken up real estate, and stayed there while not buying a drink or spending money?

I do, though, think that they should have called it Pa Pat Pattaya or filmed it in Bangkok.  Most people will look at the video and think it is Bang kok

Hey, they could do this on NANA and use the Chinese girl as part of it.  Imagine filming in the NANA entertainment complex 

Edited by kingstonkid

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Such thin skin. So little self esteem. Real women and real men feel a verbal slight and it's like water off a ducks back. It means absolutely nothing, adults with the emotional development of 13-year-olds get very offended with something like that, as they have no self-esteem and  no self-worth, and the tiniest little thing offends them.

So silly. Thais love to make fun of people, Thais love to joke around, but when someone makes fun of them, how terrible. These netizens love playing the victim. How lame. 

Don't theyhave to get municipal and police approval to film movies in Pattaya so the powers that be knew it was coming