Kayaking in Chiang Mai

NorthernRyland

I was just in Koh Samui and got to row around in a kayak for the first time in years and man my back feels so much better after that. I was wondering is there any kayaking areas around Chiang Mai? I've seen some reservoirs and dams (like Mae Kuang which is the nearest large water near my house) which could maybe work. Ideally if they have one to rent that would be great because even if I buy one transporting it would be a problem in our little car. I've heard in the Ping river they have some areas but those could be hard for me to get too if there near the city.

57 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I was just in Koh Samui and got to row around in a kayak for the first time in years and man my back feels so much better after that. I was wondering is there any kayaking areas around Chiang Mai? I've seen some reservoirs and dams (like Mae Kuang which is the nearest large water near my house) which could maybe work. Ideally if they have one to rent that would be great because even if I buy one transporting it would be a problem in our little car. I've heard in the Ping river they have some areas but those could be hard for me to get too if there near the city.

I don't know if Mae Tang has kayaks, it does have rafting.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293917-d617148-r188338500-Siam_River_Adventures-Chiang_Mai.html

• Thanks 1

Bought inflatable sup on lazada, also a kayak paddle and folding kayak seat

easy to transport with sidecar attached to motorbike 

I enjoy padding every other day here in kumphawapi on the lake,  bonus is I'm the only one so very enjoyable experience, as well as a workout!