Why Are Readers Here...So...Interested in...Trump-Related Topics???

The American should understand, in politics, they are the laugh of the world. Trump and Biden should be or on the golf course or in the elderly care home. Better look for some younger talent that can run the country on a proper way. Then also these completely boring threads about those two will end.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, peter zwart said:

The American should understand, in politics, they are the laugh of the world. Trump and Biden should be or on the golf course or in the elderly care home. Better look for some younger talent that can run the country on a proper way. Then also these completely boring threads about those two will end.

Yeah, things are going really great...where is it you said you come from? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Biden may not get a pass.  They're looking into the boxes of documents behind the corvette.  In the garage his drug addled son, who was on the payroll of several unfriendly nations, had access to.

You live in cheapskate paradise. You can finally have some kind of sex with an agreeable, thin woman. Finally.

Why so glum, Chum?

17 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

You tend to be fairly logical in your discussion of other topics such as sport and diet. I am not sure if you are a Trump supporter, or simply think opposition to him is overwrought, but it might be interesting to see if you think he is an appropriate and sensible option for president.

In terms derangement, despite the odd meme such as that which you have posted, the Democrats of course focused and fought the good fight and Biden is president. Such a long road ahead for Trump to get back what he lost but still can't admit he lost. 

That Republicans want him was possibly forgivable in 2016, but to think he is a morally appropriate or a capable candidate in 2024, is hard to comprehend. But if you have a different opinion happy to hear the same logic you use to discuss diet etc. 

The dems are out-raising the Republicans 2 to 1. Even the Koch Brothers don’t want to toss their money down that futile well. 

They’d actually prefer to take it out to a field called Nikki Haley and burn it. Has Nikki Haley ruined Nikki-dom forever? Does she owe Nikki Sixx an apology?

And he’s only going to get more crazy. How long will Trumptrash want pay millions for his sexual assault defamation claims? Other than forever? But those are dollars not available for campaigning.

Luckily, he’s a magic billionaire who can fund his own campaign out of pocket without breaking a sweat.

Just like he claimed last time. And then immediately reneged on.

Edited by Prubangboy

3 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Largely, this particular mindset stems from the very basic tool of manipulated propaganda - repeated long, often and loud enough....all becomes real and true. Most are suckered into it without critical, questioning or challenging thought - as it's much more of a comfort thing to go along/get along with the designed agenda of the oligarchs. 

It seems, these days, that the USA is existing in a bubble.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

So much of his message is that someone is laughing at or disrespecting his followers. Other than me, that’s largely untrue.

It’s like the trans worriers here. These are privileged people with no real discernible problems who are determined to go out with blood hounds and find an imaginary grudge to clutch to their nutty bosoms.

I recall Tucker citing Mexican check cashing places as proof that America was being overrun.

For Normies, Mexicans cashing checks is hardly a hill to die on.

For a Sun-reading oiky Brit here, it’s a completely unfathomable problem that they feel the odd need to claim as their own.

Some people just can’t stop being professional pretend victims. Their perma outrage is a kind of narcotic. This derangement syndrome charge cuts both ways.

The venn diagram between fleeced by Noi in Pattaya and gaga Trump love is probably close to a perfect circle.

• Haha 2

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

Well a lot of the forum members are US citizens - and naturally Trump will very much be on their minds.

Being a US citizen does not necessarily mean that Trump is on one's mind, or even a welcome topic of discussion.T
This is the reason for the question posed in my Topic, of course.

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I think most members are Brits & Aussies.  I don't recall ever really talking about politics  when in the USA, with family and friends, or now.  I'd like to say never, but who knows, might have had a conversation I forgot about.  I've never asked someone who they voted for, and don't recall someone ever asking me.

If not for the forum, I'd never give a thought about politics.  Entertaining as all hell, listening to non Yanks yakking away about it.

It'd be like me talking about Euro soccer, and y'all be laughing your butts off about my ignorance :cheesy:

If interested in Euro women's soccer, or whatever, why not comment. You can learn stuff and get feedback and be less ignorant.

I don't think being a local, now or 20 years ago, gives one an intrinsic or important insight, that others cannot have on a particular topic, in this modern technological age. Sometimes, a posters outsider status can help them to identify interesting discussion points e.g. they can see that the Emperor has no clothes. 

Though it can be boring and I rarely comment - the topic of American politics is more potentially impactful to many expats - than whether there was an accident in Chiang Mai or an Englishman and a Russian had a fight in a bar in Pattaya - topics that get 100's of the same ol' boring comments. 

I think political discussion adds to this site if only as a contrast to the normal topics such as ladies of the night or the availability of marmite. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

What national secrets were exposed? Nice that Biden and Clinton both got a pass. 

How was the bank defrauded? Overstating the value of the property? Every real estate appraiser in the business does this. 

No one has been convicted of insurrection. TI think it hilarious that you guy call a bunch of unarmed people run running around the Capital an insurrection, but call months or rioting, looting, burning and killing a "protest". 

Congratulations, you have used multiple logical fallacies in your response and perfectly mimicked Trump in the art of 'Logical Fallacy' to appeal to the base.

More critical thinkers and certainly the courts use reasoning and logic and to these audiences I suggest your arguments fail as being legitimate and valid.

Briefly on analysis, you have used the ‘Tu Quoque’, ‘Hasty Generalization’ and ‘False Equivalence' fallacies.

I could go into more depth and explain these and where you have gone astray but would you really be interested?

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No.

It'd be like talking about The Canterbury Tales, on TV, is what you should have said.

I'm more of a Caesar, Cassius, Mark Anthony kind of a guy.  Depths of imagined power & Senate conflict.  Thieves in the night & conspiracies.

Pre industrial English folks come off as too uppity for me.   If going to dissect the social perception of common, real folks, I'll just watch "Stagecoach" or "12 Angry Men" for a good ol' baring of souls.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1