Thailand and Palestine to join forces to free Thai hostages

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand and Palestine promised to take their 12-year relationship to new heights with discussions on tourism and trade between Foreign Minister Parnpree Bahiddha-nukara and Walid Abu Ali, Ambassador of the State of Palestine.

Love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Drumbuie said:

For as long as there has been a State of Israel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Palestine

The name Palestine was coined by the Greeks since the 5th century BCE, During the iron age two related Israelite kingdoms, Israel and Judah controlled much of Palestine, while the Philistines occupied its

southern coast... Surly we're not talking about the same people here here are we?...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

No love for either side of this debacle but Thailand really does know how to get it wrong and say dopey things. They’ll get in bed with anyone if it furthers their ends or appears to make them look good. 

Right you're...Israel have been and still employing thousands of Thai workers, how many Thai workers dose the Palestinians employ? None...

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand and Palestine promised to take their 12-year relationship to new heights with discussions on tourism and trade between Foreign Minister Parnpree Bahiddha-nukara and Walid Abu Ali, Ambassador of the State of Palestine.

Great deflection by the Thai government! The Israelis Ambassador tried to remind Thailand about the Thai hostages, and of course the almost  40 Thai workers butchered by Hamas many in savage and horrific manner. That as of Monday. It needs to be countered, deflected  & suppressed. 

Should not be too hard for Thailand to redirect & reframe any sympathy for these Thais by the local media. After all these are poor agricultural workers of low status, many are even kone Isaan, for goodness sake. No need to go to bat for them or publicize what they suffered. More to the point, Thailand keeps in lockstep with Celestial Leader Xi, and his vision of the world. Just like they have on the Ukraine conflict. As a good ally, Thailand takes its orders and delivers.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Was wondering who Walid Abu Ali is.  Apparently he's the Palestine ambassador to Malaysia and to the Maldives.  In other words, nothing to do with Thailand.

According to Wikipedia he's most noted for sharing a platform with Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, a Pakistani terrorist involved in the 2008 Mumbai attacks which killed 166 civilians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walid_Abu_Ali

• Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Ministry proudly highlighted its consistent financial support to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) since 1978.

Which, considering that UNWRA has very close links with HAMAS, perhaps even to the extent of being an enthusiastic partner in its military antics, if not effectively a fully incorporated subsidiary, is perhaps not a boast to make too often!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe there was an article stating 159,000 tourist visited Thailand from Israel in a 9 month period, that might end up being zero pretty soon, I wonder how many Palestinians visit Thailand and spend equivalently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I wonder how many Palestinians visit Thailand and spend equivalently.

The GDP per capita of the West Bank is US$5,600, and that of Israel is US$42,100 according to the CIA World Factbook so, on average, Palestinians are much, much poorer than Israelis.  That makes them less likely to visit Thailand.  That said, there's a number of extremely wealthy Palestinians - primarily from embezzlement.  There are at least 600 dollar millionaires.  At least one (Munib al-Masri) is worth over US$1 billion.  He could probably afford a fortnight in Bangkok.

• Like 1

so how many are still captured and why thais keep on going there if they know the risks and then have to be rescued... nice gesture of the government as our western embassies do nothing more than just delivering a passport or bad news to family back home is anything happens to us here...

3 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Since when has there been such an entity?

They are members of international bodies, got a semi-seat on the UN.

It's complicated.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Thailand will need to be prepared to pay millions in ransom.

I couldn't imagine the Thai government doing that. 

There were Thai hostages released already. I don't know if there was a ransom involved, officially there was not. More likely that the one assumed held by Hamas are either not in Hamas hands (other organization or 'lost' in the mayhem). Another real possibility is that they are no longer alive.

Edited by Morch

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting.

Judging from the article, it was just fluff. Not very interesting.

It's not like the Palestinian Ambassador can do much about the hostages.

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Actually it's in the hand of those occupants to stop the war immediately as in The Hague demanded by South Africa.🙏to stop the genocide.

More of your usual fact free nonsense.

There are no guarantees hostages will be released, there are no guarantees they are alive.

There is no 'genocide'.

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

I believe there was an article stating 159,000 tourist visited Thailand from Israel in a 9 month period, that might end up being zero pretty soon, I wonder how many Palestinians visit Thailand and spend equivalently.

Why would Israelis stop visiting Thailand? Are there any signs this will change? Not that I mind, as tourists here they are hardly a favorite of mine.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Morch said:

Why would Israelis stop visiting Thailand? Are there any signs this will change? Not that I mind, as tourists here they are hardly a favorite of mine.

Oh look, the first Antisemitic post of the day, congratulations!

• Confused 2