Cannabis crusade: A glimpse into the Thailand’s cannabis law reforms in 2024

snoop1130

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Specifically, the government’s main objective is to confine cannabis use strictly to medical and research contexts,

fine, i volunteer to be a test subject

The law is set to be implemented from 2024 onwards.

ahhhh the fine print.... end of the party guys terminus!

i hate puke thai

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Haha 1

Bull <deleted> there’s absence of regulation. Any time they implement a new law or regulation the hemp shops are always putting it into effect sometimes even weeks or at least days before they are even announced. There’s definitely regulation it’s just behind the scenes. Anytime a new regulation is introduced I always seem to find out about it at the hemp shops before the news. 

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Blah blah. Get over it, dinosaurs. Too late now. ‘The risks associated with recreational use?’ Best off focus on roads and liver disease through drunkenness methinks. 

This is also part of roads lol

Just as we don't want drunk somchai driving on the roads I really don't want stoned somchai driving either.

I think what we will see is all shops will have to be licenced and available for quality inspection. They will only be allowed to sell to a person with a doctor prescription.

No shops allowed on or near schools and universities.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

More accurately, it is no longer illegal to produce, sell, possess, or consume Cannabis flower within the current guidelines (licensed, over 20, not pregnant, no sales via vending machines, no use in public), from 9 June 2022.

but but but  but Anutin once said but but but :shock1:  and nobody seems to have heard him except a few on here

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

Have they blamed marijuana yet for high levels of 2.5?

Nope, escaped so far. However the 'grilled pork stalls' are on the Bangkok Governor's hit list.......( not made up)

It could only be a matter of time!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

This is the bit that many people choose to not understand.

Cannabis was decriminalised .

It was not legalised.

In case, like me, anyone is confused as to the difference between the two terms  this is from an Australian perspective:

https://adf.org.au/talking-about-drugs/law/decriminalisation/overview-decriminalisation-legalisation/ and I believe the British view is similar.

Thailand, however may have it's own interpretation and I've not looked into any other countries. I'm sure in USA it varies by State.

It does appear to me, (a non-recreational drug person out of choice) that one could be in trouble for possession of recreational cannabis whether to smoke or cooked in foodstuff

Having said that, I like a drink or several and have absolutely no axes to grind if others like their form of relaxant. Enjoy.....but "let's be careful out there"

Edited by VBF
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, wombat said:
7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

the dangers of driving whilst under the influence of cannabis, and so on.

my guess is you aren't a smoker and you have no real time knowledge about what you are saying...please correct me if I am wrong

Despite my post above, there is a BIG difference between being under the influence of Alcohol or Cannabis and DRIVING under said influence.

In UK the latter is a very serious offence and WILL result in a hefty fine and loss of driving licence, sometimes even prison!

IMO, again despite what I said above, that is right and proper

• Agree 1