UK Presents Satellite Evidence to UN on Alleged North Korean Arms Shipments to Russia

image.png

The United Kingdom has submitted satellite photographs to a panel of UN experts, aiming to initiate an official investigation into potential arms deals violating international sanctions between North Korea and Russia. The images, taken between September and December, reportedly show three Russian ships—Maia, Angara, and Maria—loading containers at North Korea's Najin port before heading to Russian ports in the far east. Although the UK's defense intelligence report couldn't identify the cargo, it follows recent allegations that North Korea supplied ballistic missiles and artillery shells to Russia for its conflict in Ukraine.

This evidence, combined with information from the United States and other countries, has been provided to the UN panel of experts on North Korean proliferation. The panel is expected to publish its first final report next month, addressing the surge in suspected North Korean shipments of ammunition to Russia. The US had announced last week that ballistic missiles from North Korea were used by Russia in Ukraine, which would violate multiple UN Security Council resolutions.

The UK report points out that Russia's use of North Korean weapons in Ukraine is a breach of international sanctions, jeopardizing efforts to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons. The UN sanctions committee is urged to conduct a comprehensive investigation into Russia and North Korea's apparent violation of international sanctions.

The three ships mentioned in the report, Maia, Angara, and Maria, have already faced US sanctions in 2022 due to their connections with the Russian Ministry of Defence's shipping company, Oboronlogistika OOO. This company has been linked to Russia's illegal seizure and occupation of Crimea since 2014. The evidence also reveals the potential scale of shipments from North Korea to Russia, indicating a concerning military cooperation that could impact the security landscape in the region.

As global leaders express concern over the unprecedented military cooperation between Russia and North Korea, the UK's submission to the UN adds another layer to the complex geopolitical dynamics currently unfolding. The panel's upcoming report will shed light on the extent of these activities and their implications on international security.

Source

image.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Deflection, this is nothing to do with Nord Stream. 

Ok, so NK is sending arms to Russia. So what? The UN is a paper tiger. No nation seems to abide by or care about any UN Security Council resolutions.What can the UN do? Impose sanctions? Lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

Ok, so NK is sending arms to Russia. So what? The UN is a paper tiger. No nation seems to abide by or care about any UN Security Council resolutions.What can the UN do? Impose sanctions? Lol.

Exactly 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

The UN should be interested in acts of international sabotage such as Nord Stream but they are not investigating. I wonder why. Occam’s razor obviously.

The UN is interested in nothing but its own propaganda, and its use as  a nice holiday destination for its Members/Representatives. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I noticed, started off with a deflection on the Nord Stream then a rant on the UN and its inabilities that you just found amusing.

However if you just thought for more than one microsecond you'd realize this is more about how Russia is repaying NK and whether it also involves military technology. UN sanctions have worked in slowing NK's development, not enough but some. But then I guess you would also find it amusing if it was discovered that Russia was supplying NK with more nuclear capabilities and missile tech.

Every country has the right to defend itself from aggressors. I don’t see anything wrong for a country to build its defence capabilities. What I consider is wrong is when a country sends its military halfway across the world to another sovereign country’s borders and claims that it is doing so in self defence. Fortunately, the majority of the world is not fooled by this bullying and slowly but surely, fighting back.

• Confused 6
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

How about you show me how Russia is weaker than before the start of the SMO? Less revenue? Contracting economy? Isolated? Economy in tatters? Soldiers fighting with shovels?

How about showing me where I claimed Russia is weaker?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Whatever. As some US politicians famously said, just spending 5% on the military budget has wiped out 50% of Russia’s military. I’m sure they’ll be going in to finish off the job real soon. Yeah, right.

This war has backfired on the collective west big time.Som nam na.

Backfired how?

• Thanks 2

On 1/24/2024 at 4:41 AM, Tropicalevo said:

Not really.

Russia illegally invaded Ukraine and bombed innocent civilians. It is the aggressor and Russia could stop at any time if it wanted to.

Ukraine is trying to defend itself and repel the murderers. It has no choice.

What is strange about that.

Yes, now Ukraine is after Russia in its own territory. It is called war.

Do you believe that the West should not try to help the oppressed smaller countries?

Do you believe that the West should not try to help the oppressed smaller countries?

Tibet

Myanmar tribal areas

Uighurs

Royhingers

Kurds in Syria ( attacked by Turkey )

Palestine

Why are they of less importance than white people in Europe?

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1