What are you cooking today?

14 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Me too, never ironed anything either, except some dollars before going to cambodia,  Mrs was too busy doing my  packing, obviously,.and then she had the washing up to take care of.   So I selflessly broke the habit of a lifetime to help her out No big deal it was a one off emergency, 

Too soft...thin edge of the wedge.....get a grip.

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I hope you are proud of yourself!! You have round me for life,

Went to Makro yesterday and got some of those pastry puffs. 

Today Taco ground beef with grated cheddar cheese and home made Hot Sauce  

image.png.c4e1f217e92f09c30fd25191e2b15ff3.png

Not the prettiest but taste good

Tomorrow pizzaroles or are they called Pizzaronis?  :laugh: (Tomato sauce cheese and pepperoni)

We do calzone / stromboli once in a while, but use pizza dough.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I make hummus all the time too. Thai eggplant is great for making baba ganoush as well. Absolutely delicious with carrot sticks. I broil the olive oil brushed eggplant at maybe 160-170 C until caramelized. 

IMG_20221217_133556.thumb.jpeg.90297ae6c7fa5dd7055c626ba329990f.jpeg

LOL, think this is baba ganoush, but might be hummus. Travel snack.

Dude, buy you a roll of baking paper...

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

We do calzone / stromboli once in a while, but use pizza dough.

Yea me to , but these things are do easy!! and I have to say , dont taste bad.

they had two kind, Pastry puff dough , and butter dough .  The possibilities are endless

21 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yea me to , but these things are do easy!! and I have to say , dont taste bad.

they had two kind, Pastry puff dough , and butter dough .  The possibilities are endless

Grilled mini quesadillas are pretty good

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Grilled mini quesadillas are pretty good

That is not a bad idea!! 

I have not made them for a long time. It is funny how we make things we like and then we forget about them for a long time until we are reminded. 

34 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yea me to , but these things are too easy!! and I have to say , dont taste bad.

Especially if you've ever tried to make PP, as that's a work out.   Saw the other version, and almost got, but not individually wrapped.   

18 minutes ago, sirineou said:

That is not a bad idea!! 

I have not made them for a long time. It is funny how we make things we like and then we forget about them for a long time until we are reminded. 

I make this stuff about a pint at a time. My kid loves it. 

Taco Seasoning Recipe (with Video) (allrecipes.com)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Dude, buy you a roll of baking paper...

The eggplant is broiled  - not baked - at relatively low temperature, and coated with olive oil which prevents sticking. Google tells me: "some parchment papers are treated with toxic PFAS or bleached with chlorine..." and "...is coated with a thin layer of silicone." I'm gonna take a pass, but thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by Gecko123

31 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

The eggplant is broiled  - not baked - at relatively low temperature, and coated with olive oil which prevents sticking. Google tells me: "some parchment papers are treated with toxic PFAS or bleached with chlorine..." and "...is coated with a thin layer of silicone." I'm gonna take a pass, but thanks for the suggestion.

So keep scubbing that tray, makes me no nevermind. 

A bit chilly today here in Khon Kaen and fighting a bit of the flu, with sore throat and stuffed up nose. 

So what better time to make chicken soup.

image.png.5eccc3df041fd2d98774d42a8d175404.png

Celery , and onions sauteed  water and a bunch of chicken parts , boiled for over an hour until the meat was falling off the bone, 

Removed the bones and skin , and return the meat in the pan

added a cup of rice, , not too much or you will make it too thick, just enough to give it a bit of body and texture. 

Thickened the broth with an egg and lemon mix.

This part is critical to follow instructions otherwise you will make egg drop soup .It is not difficult. 

Whisk two eggs, then whisk the juice  two lemons in the with the eggs, 

While the soup is simmering, With a ladle spoon take a little bit of the soup liquid and whisk it with the lemon egg mix while whisking. continue adding soup liquid slowly into the lemon/egg mix while whisking slowly bringing the temperature of the lemon/egg mix up closer to the soup you are going to pour it in.

It takes about 10 min.  (you don't want to pure the mix in the soup while it is cold, otherwise you will cook the egg and make egg-drop soup. LOL 

In explaining it it sounds a lot more complicated than it is  Just take your time and slowly bring up the temperature of the lemon.egg mix up by whisking in soup liquid You be glad you did , 

It is the ultimate comfort food. Every time I make it I always overeat :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, sirineou said:

A bit chilly today here in Khon Kaen and fighting a bit of the flu, with sore throat and stuffed up nose. 

So what better time to make chicken soup.

image.png.5eccc3df041fd2d98774d42a8d175404.png

Celery , and onions sauteed  water and a bunch of chicken parts , boiled for over an hour until the meat was falling off the bone, 

Removed the bones and skin , and return the meat in the pan

added a cup of rice, , not too much or you will make it too thick, just enough to give it a bit of body and texture. 

Thickened the broth with an egg and lemon mix.

This part is critical to follow instructions otherwise you will make egg drop soup .It is not difficult. 

Whisk two eggs, then whisk the juice  two lemons in the with the eggs, 

While the soup is simmering, With a ladle spoon take a little bit of the soup liquid and whisk it with the lemon egg mix while whisking. continue adding soup liquid slowly into the lemon/egg mix while whisking slowly bringing the temperature of the lemon/egg mix up closer to the soup you are going to pour it in.

It takes about 10 min.  (you don't want to pure the mix in the soup while it is cold, otherwise you will cook the egg and make egg-drop soup. LOL 

In explaining it it sounds a lot more complicated than it is  Just take your time and slowly bring up the temperature of the lemon.egg mix up by whisking in soup liquid You be glad you did , 

It is the ultimate comfort food. Every time I make it I always overeat :laugh:

^^^^^

PS: those are not flies in my soup. It's crushed pepper. :cheesy:

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Good color, I like them really ripe. Kid's not here so I'll just thrown the seeds away. 

Pumpkin02.jpg.a9e6ab54835e891adecf14d8ead16d26.jpg

Wife makes a great pumpkin curry dish, How does your wife make it?

Tomatoes from the garden are coming in hot and heavy, not sure what to do with all of them. Gave many to the neighbors and been eating tomato salads every day, 

With some of the bigger ones I  made stuffed Tomatoes, 

Hollow the inside of the tomatoes with a spoon.  and a few bell peppers because you will end up with more stuffing than tomatoes. 

Place the meat of the tomatoes in a food process, with a large onion and fill. Process to the consistency of salsa  

Place contents of processor in large bowl mix 500 grams of ground beef  or pork (preference)  and mix well until you don't have large chunks of meat. 1.5 cup of rice , olive oil , salt pepper to taste and mix with a spoon well. 

Fill tomatoes , and Peppers  . remaining filling if ant in the spaces between tomatoes and peppers, 

Cover with tinfoil. Bake 350 for 40 min

then remove tin foil and bake for another 15 min until it starts to get a bit brown on top. 

stuffed tomatoes 2024.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Tomatoes from the garden are coming in hot and heavy, not sure what to do with all of them. Gave many to the neighbors and been eating tomato salads every day, 

With some of the bigger ones I  made stuffed Tomatoes, 

Hollow the inside of the tomatoes with a spoon.  and a few bell peppers because you will end up with more stuffing than tomatoes. 

Place the meat of the tomatoes in a food process, with a large onion and fill. Process to the consistency of salsa  

Place contents of processor in large bowl mix 500 grams of ground beef  or pork (preference)  and mix well until you don't have large chunks of meat. 1.5 cup of rice , olive oil , salt pepper to taste and mix with a spoon well. 

Fill tomatoes , and Peppers  . remaining filling if ant in the spaces between tomatoes and peppers, 

Cover with tinfoil. Bake 350 for 40 min

then remove tin foil and bake for another 15 min until it starts to get a bit brown on top. 

stuffed tomatoes 2024.jpg

Tomato soup, and you can always make tomato puree and freeze it. 

Tuna stuffed raw tomato are nice, and nothing wrong with tomato-onion salads or sandwiches. 

On 1/23/2024 at 11:57 PM, sirineou said:

As much as I appreciate the minimalist movement. 

But , what is it?

If I am not mistaken, that is a currywurst.

On 1/23/2024 at 1:24 PM, still kicking said:

image.thumb.png.5e1e0814120d24635633e353f5115aa5.png

4 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Yes, but it has been a few days after that.

Yes, but you didn't bother responding at the time, did you?

Just thought that I would clear that little mystery up.

You are welcome.

6 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Yes, but you didn't bother responding at the time, did you?

Just thought that I would clear that little mystery up.

You are welcome.

I did not see your respond that time sorry. By the way I love cooking.

Edited by still kicking
Typo

Ended up going out for the day, so we did not have pumpkin soup, but I got enough pumpkin in the freezer for five batches. 

I'd get some of those pastry-doughs from Makro and make pumpkin tarts but with the kid off at school, I'd just eat them all. 

Pumpkin03.jpg.810d3d3598f038140dbaf4d625fc02c7.jpgPumpkin04.jpg.293ce2d692fdc9574f9c1ed12b7c2788.jpg

Edited by Yellowtail

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

How many doughs in a pack? 

At the Makro in Khon Kaen they had two kind the one mentioned in this thread and butter dough pastry ,

They were inexpensive enough so I got one of each, 

They both contained 12 pieces each. 

I have already used all of the butter dough  pastry  :laugh:

It was very good, with the last four pieces, as suggested by someone in this thread (Might had been you)  I made chicken  quesadillas, They were very good!! 

Edited by sirineou