74 Killed Tragedy Strikes as Russian Military Plane Crashes During Ukrainian POW Swap

image.png

A military aircraft carrying Ukrainian prisoners of war tragically crashed in the southern Belgorod region of Russia, resulting in the loss of all 74 passengers. The incident occurred during a planned prisoner swap, raising questions about the circumstances leading to the crash and sparking blame between Russian and Ukrainian officials.

The Ilyushin-76 military transport plane, tasked with transporting 65 Ukrainian POWs to the Belgorod region for a scheduled exchange, crashed in a field in the Karocha district. Russian authorities confirmed the unfortunate demise of all passengers on board. A verified video captured the plane's descent and subsequent explosion, emphasizing the severity of the incident.

Blame Game Unfolds:
Russian politicians, including State Duma Committee Chief Leonid Slutsky, quickly pointed fingers at Ukrainian forces, suggesting that it was a case of friendly fire. Slutsky accused the Ukrainian military of having a history of such incidents, further implicating Washington and Brussels without providing concrete evidence. State Duma's Defense Committee head, Andrey Kartapolov, speculated on the involvement of U.S-supplied Patriot air defense missiles or German-made IRIS-T, though Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov refrained from endorsing these claims.

Ukrainian Response:
Kyiv vehemently rejected the accusations, labeling them as part of Russia's misinformation campaigns. The Ukraine Armed Forces asserted that the crash was not their doing, countering with the claim that the aircraft was carrying missiles for Russia's S-300 anti-aircraft weapons system. The General Staff of Ukraine implicated Russia in the recent missile attacks on Kharkiv region and adjacent Ukrainian territory.

International Response:
The tragic incident comes in the wake of a successful POW exchange between Russia and Ukraine brokered by the United Arab Emirates three weeks earlier. The international community awaits further investigation into the crash and emphasizes the need for transparent and unbiased findings.

As both Russia and Ukraine grapple with the aftermath of the military plane crash, the blame game adds complexity to an already tense situation. The international community calls for a thorough investigation to determine the actual cause of the tragedy and urges restraint in assigning culpability. The incident serves as a grim reminder of the human toll in conflict zones, emphasizing the imperative for diplomatic efforts to bring about lasting peace.

Source

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Obviously something wrong with me, as I  got a chuckle out of that story.  Anyone else as screwed up as I am ?

TV crime shows always state sociopaths don't exhibit empathy ... oh well.   Love the blame game.

"The international community awaits further investigation into the crash and emphasizes the need for transparent and unbiased findings." 🤣

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Believe nothing from the Russians.

Nothing.

Or anyone else ... IMHO

I actually prefer RTnews over the echo box of MSM

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any truth to the Russkie rumor that the NY Times reported it was a Patriot missile that brought it down?

Because I don't think the Russkies have Patriots...

I'm blocked from the NYT and from MSN, which seems to parrot the story...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/patriot-missile-allegedly-shoots-down-russian-il-76-carrying-ukrainian-prisoners/ar-BB1hZwRz

It's all over Russkie media, of course.  But I won't post any links...