Melatonin supplier?

The local pharmacy that used to stock it can't get it any more. It's basically a harmless and beneficial natural product (classified as a food additive in the US) that helps me get a decent night's sleep. Can anyone tell me of a supplier? Online is fine. Thank you.

I think Lazada had some. Much cheaper than in pharmacies. Incidentally, theanine works pretty much like melatonin, only longer. I only use melatonin for jet lag these days.

I've tried to get some but now illegal in Thailand apparently..  Boots pharmacy still had some in stock but at a ridiculous price (I think it was ฿700 for 10x 3mg tablets).

You could order online from overseas (e.g. iHerb) but I guess customs might confiscate it.

15 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

Try another local pharmacy.

They're like taxis, one might say no go, another will say how much you got?

Believe it or not, I have tried every local pharmacy. How I thought of this myself is a mystery.

The only melatonin I have seen in local pharmacies is Thai made and ridiculously expensive -- it comes in a 10-pill bister pack.  

I use Natrol fast dissolve off Lazada it comes in 3 and 5mg versions.  There are many different brands however

it is available all over Lazada, though suppliers seem to stock it intermittently and prices can vary.  Just search.

9 minutes ago, JackGats said:

I think Lazada had some. Much cheaper than in pharmacies. Incidentally, theanine works pretty much like melatonin, only longer. I only use melatonin for jet lag these days.

For some reason, I tried shopee. It seems to be available on Lazada - thank you!

exfatriate, Have you tried CBD oil ?  I know about melatonin and other similar supplements and use the ones appropriate for me.  However, CBD is different.  see attached.  It is available online ( https://optimanatural.com/). 

Depending on your location and circumstance you may be able to source the Thai Govt. version at your local hospital. It is called DTAM GANJA OIL It is about 200B for 10units in a small bottle with a dropper as it is measured by the drop for use.  For me it is 1 drop to calm (not sleepy) and 4 drops at night to help sleep.  Zero THC so no probs driving etc..

I am familiar with meletonin and like it but this is a different thing altogether.  

46 minutes ago, notrub said:

exfatriate, Have you tried CBD oil ?  I know about melatonin and other similar supplements and use the ones appropriate for me.  However, CBD is different.  see attached.  It is available online ( https://optimanatural.com/). 

Depending on your location and circumstance you may be able to source the Thai Govt. version at your local hospital. It is called DTAM GANJA OIL It is about 200B for 10units in a small bottle with a dropper as it is measured by the drop for use.  For me it is 1 drop to calm (not sleepy) and 4 drops at night to help sleep.  Zero THC so no probs driving etc..

I am familiar with meletonin and like it but this is a different thing altogether.  

Thank you, yes, I've tried it. 

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

you do say the silliest thigs, don't you. At least here you are just being ridiculous rather than downright creepy.  

Well, at least i don't get the confused emojis now as my message is too clear even for dolts to understand...

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, notrub said:

Have you tried CBD oil ?  I know about melatonin and other similar supplements and use the ones appropriate for me.  However, CBD is different.

I tried CBD oil.  Here in Thailand?  Expensive and did not do diddly-squat for my insomnia.
Melatonin helps.  I buy it from iHerb.  Moderate priced.  I use the 5mg tabs.  And inexpensive.
If you buy $40 worth of product, shipping is free.  But you need to keep the total cost under $46 dollars to avoid Customs. 

Screenshotfrom2024-01-2720-47-10.png.a5ef8bf8288e900db2ca8d148ab48d33.png

Edited by connda

16 hours ago, exfatriate said:

The local pharmacy that used to stock it can't get it any more. It's basically a harmless and beneficial natural product (classified as a food additive in the US) that helps me get a decent night's sleep. Can anyone tell me of a supplier? Online is fine. Thank you.

Puritans Pride, online, they have a few different ones ones called sleep enhance or something like that contains another sleep enhancer along with 10 MG melatonin, that one gets through customs in NZ, they have pure melatonin up to 20mg, you can mix an order with other supplements but your only allowed a certain value per order into Los, not expensive so try your luck, NZ only available on prescription, 2mg tabs, useless, they banned it a few years ago for no reason, I used to give it to my 80 year old mom, 10mg and she slept like a log, it also has many other health benefits, I have used it for years and it really does help with sleep. 

21 hours ago, exfatriate said:

Brilliant comment. Very helpful. Melatonin works for me, as it does for many.

Count yourself lucky - they sure don't work for me.  But agree many report it works - but then many report anything works if they have been told so.  Overall tests have shown it is better than placebo - but do not believe it is that much better from what is currently known.  Also very little is known about any negative effects (which excess amounts of anything often cause).  But likely a good choice if alternative is medical sleeping pills.

image.png.4441dfc033cea5c4b3e015090f1ee454.png

Edited by lopburi3

Thanks connda, really interesting.  Have you tried any melatonin products from china?  There are lots of listings on ebay for this supplement, available in various strengths.  The Iherb site I found is UK and prices in GBP.  It is cheaper than Lazada for Doctor's best B12, for example, but the shipping is a killer. (I get it about free shipping with min purchase.  Just a comment about smaller orders.)

The Thai supplier of CBD oil noted by me in earlier post offers their product in different level of strength.  I use the Thai Govt. product that seems only to be available as it is, no stronger versions that I am aware of but it works for me.

Apparently CBD can be extracted from hemp so it has virtually 0% TCH.  I am not an expert, this is just what I have read. 

Thanks exfatriate and connda for reminding me about melatonin and similar supplements.🙏🏼

All the Chinese melatonin   

• Like 1

IHerb has many brands and no, it is NOT "banned", and sent through iHerb it will not get confiscated. IHerb does limit the quantity that can be ordered at one time and they do this based on experience with shipments to Thailand. 

Lazada and Shoppee  have it on and off. Currently Lazada has only Life Extension brand liquid melatonin. https://www.lazada.co.th/products/american-life-extension-quick-acting-liquid-melatonin-citrus-vanilla-flavor-59ml-sleep-i5023787814-s21237470407.html?c=&channelLpJumpArgs=&clickTrackInfo=query%3ALiquid%2BMelatonin%2BLife%2BExtension%3Bnid%3A5023787814%3Bsrc%3ALazadaMainSrp%3Brn%3A763a2c01fc45089fbaefcfed2cf33ede%3Bregion%3Ath%3Bsku%3A5023787814_TH%3Bprice%3A736%3Bclient%3Amobile%3Bsupplier_id%3A1000227943%3Bbiz_source%3Ah5_internal%3Bslot%3A0%3Butlog_bucket_id%3A470687%3Basc_category_id%3A12211%3Bitem_id%3A5023787814%3Bsku_id%3A21237470407%3Bshop_id%3A456229&fastshipping=0&freeshipping=0&fs_ab=2&fuse_fs=&lang=th&location=ต่างประเทศ&price=736&priceCompare=skuId%3A21237470407%3Bsource%3Alazada-search-voucher%3Bsn%3A763a2c01fc45089fbaefcfed2cf33ede%3BunionTrace%3A2151e60617064199556271858e30c5%3BoriginPrice%3A73600%3BvoucherPrice%3A73600%3BdisplayPrice%3A73600%3BsourceTag%3A%23auto_collect%231%24auto_collect%24%3BsinglePromotionId%3A-1%3BsingleToolCode%3AmockedSalePrice%3BvoucherPricePlugin%3A1%3BbuyerId%3A0%3ButdId%3AwpA86wG6ZDp2YCAQEE%2BxF%2F6D%2FI%3Btimestamp%3A1706419956174&ratingscore=0&request_id=763a2c01fc45089fbaefcfed2cf33ede&review=&sale=2&search=1&source=search&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.0&stock=1&pdpBucketId=5

Line shopping has Puritan Pride (excellent brand) melatonin 10 mg. 500 baht for 120 capsules. 

The only thing you are likely to find in a pharmacy is Merck's Circadin, expensive and only 1 mg dose. 

Melatonin seems to be a very gray area product if a brief Google search is to be believed - and this may account for its removal from sales platforms at times.

According to “Food Act” B.E. 2522, melatonin is not allowed to be supplemented into food in Thailand and as such cannot be used as an ingredient in health supplements

https://food.chemlinked.com/news/food-news/thailand-prohibits-the-use-of-melatonin-in-food-products#:~:text=According to “Food Act” B.E.,claims of helping with sleep.

So that would seem to make it subject to medical import restrictions when found out - and suspect there is no set policy for that (as most producers make as a health supplement) - leading to shortage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, notrub said:

Thanks connda, really interesting.  Have you tried any melatonin products from china?  There are lots of listings on ebay for this supplement, available in various strengths.  The Iherb site I found is UK and prices in GBP.  It is cheaper than Lazada for Doctor's best B12, for example, but the shipping is a killer. (I get it about free shipping with min purchase.  Just a comment about smaller orders.)

The Thai supplier of CBD oil noted by me in earlier post offers their product in different level of strength.  I use the Thai Govt. product that seems only to be available as it is, no stronger versions that I am aware of but it works for me.

Apparently CBD can be extracted from hemp so it has virtually 0% TCH.  I am not an expert, this is just what I have read. 

Thanks exfatriate and connda for reminding me about melatonin and similar supplements.🙏🏼

All the Chinese melatonin   

Nope. Only iHerb.  A lot of the supplements are probably made in China, but imho I think they ship higher quality stuff to the US.  I'm a little leery of buying directly for Chinese distributors.

On 1/27/2024 at 11:35 AM, ezzra said:

Waste of money, they don't work...

....for you.

Like CBD oil, some people swear by it, for me personally it doesn't work and is a waste of money.
Melatonin?  It is effective for me.  Obviously others as well.  Everyone's physiology is different.

Ok, so I've read most of these posts, all suggesting various potions. So now about a very natural way to induce sleep? No potions and no cost.

I originally came across this method in a TED talk by Jim Donovan and now I've found a shortened. but very affective version on YouTube. This really does work and it is so unbelievably simple. Give it a go.

Trick your brain into falling sleep - Jim Donovan

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Ok, so I've read most of these posts, all suggesting various potions. So now about a very natural way to induce sleep? No potions and no cost.

I originally came across this method in a TED talk by Jim Donovan and now I've found a shortened. but very affective version on YouTube. This really does work and it is so unbelievably simple. Give it a go.

Trick your brain? 🧠

Great one Moonie, love it , everyone has a brain of course , it's like opinions 

Edited by georgegeorgia

8 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The amino acids tryptophan and glycine both help with sleep. If you're looking to go entirely natural, you might consider consuming a diet high in foods with these amino acids. Think red meat and turkey.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Moonlover said:

5 hours ago, mstevens said:

The amino acids tryptophan and glycine both help with sleep. If you're looking to go entirely natural, you might consider consuming a diet high in foods with these amino acids. Think red meat and turkey.

Thanks for the tip. I agree, diet is very important. I'm not looking to go natural, I did so quite a few years ago and a quick scan on the web suggests that I get plenty of these amino acids in my current diet. Cutting back on alcohol is also useful as is a daily dose of meditation.

Sleep well. 😊