If Senate immigration bill is passed Biden vows to Shut Down Border

Social Media

8 hours ago, retarius said:

I agree 100 or even 120%. But that's what Trump negotiated with Mexico....and Biden can't do that because it would make Trump look good and Biden stupid wouldn't it?......or perhaps that is what you are thinking.

Need money to build camps.

The Republicans in Congress won't do anything about this.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, retarius said:

It was indeed, she was crowned the car of the border issue.....I'm not sure she ever even went there, but I might have missed it in the media.

I believe she went there when the pressure to do so got too great, but she never did anything to actually solve the situation.

If her reputation depended on her successes as VP she doesn't have much to show for the past 3 years, so if she is VP next year that's only because she doesn't get to be voted on separately from Biden.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I believe she went there when the pressure to do so got too great, but she never did anything to actually solve the situation.

If her reputation depended on her successes as VP she doesn't have much to show for the past 3 years, so if she is VP next year that's only because she doesn't get to be voted on separately from Biden.

Ahhh the only way to solve or at least alleviate the border problems is through legislation as the bipartisan deal in the senate has done but trump is threatening his minions if the let it pass,the shoe is on the other foot im afraid it’s now trump who is the problem always has been btw 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Shut the border but how about deporting a certain percentage so we have a manageable amount to handle.  In sensible person would run the numbers First and determine how many we can afford to support each year and set that limit each year. I never understood the US government always running the country with a debt that would take 20 years for the average person to repay their portion of $92,000 plus interest for remaining years.

LOL.  Like the democrats are going to keep some of their voters from entering the country.  Just like they always shut down showing proof of citizenship to vote as being racist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So close the legal means to make a living, what means of supporting themselves do you suppose these people would turn to?

Do you think making people outlaws might leave them prey to criminals?

Maybe not even criminals, employ an ‘outlawed immigrant’ to do your yard work then refuse to pay them, they can’t go to the cops can they?

Let’s see if you can think stuff through?!

When they cross the border ILLEGALLY they are criminals. If they follow the process they are all welcome! Simple.

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, impulse said:

That's 1.8 million illegals a year, normalized and codified.  If that doesn't kill the deal, there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

No laws need be passed and not a dime more needs be spent.  Just executive action to stop the legalization process for anyone that enters in violation of already existing laws.  Cross anywhere but a legal port of entry, and you are disqualified from working in the USA until you go back and do it legally.  Do that twice and you can never work in the USA.

Your interpretation of this statement -The proposed Senate immigration bill includes new limits on asylum at the border, including an expulsion power that allows rapid return of migrants to Mexico if encounters surpass certain thresholds. The expulsion authority would become mandatory if encounters exceed 5,000 per day. - is incorrect.

5,000 per day is a 'trigger' number that brings the expulsion power into force immediately when numbers exceed 5,000 in any one day.  To extrapolate that to an annual number is simply misleading as the expulsion power comes into effect way before annual numbers can reach your calculated figure.

Your posit is like saying, 'if I put on 5 kilos in a week that means I will gain 260 kilos in a year.  As you start your diet immediately after gaining 5 kilos you will never gain the extra 260 kilos.

14 hours ago, retarius said:

I agree 100 or even 120%. But that's what Trump negotiated with Mexico....and Biden can't do that because it would make Trump look good and Biden stupid wouldn't it?......or perhaps that is what you are thinking.

'Make' Biden look stupid??? Nah......he does a good job of that all by himself.

• Agree 2

Well they say a broken clock is right twice a day.

First we have Biden funding Israel's defense against Palestinian terrorists, and now he's securing the borders. Like the clock, correct twice. What could be happening one might ask? It's almost like there's an election on the horizon or something...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Well they say a broken clock is right twice a day.

First we have Biden funding Israel's defense against Palestinian terrorists, and now he's securing the borders. Like the clock, correct twice. What could be happening one might ask? It's almost like there's an election on the horizon or something...

It could be you’ve been listening to Republican talking points and a bit of truth and reality has broken through to you. 

I’ld go as far as to say that’s exactly what’s happened.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It could be you’ve been listening to Republican talking points and a bit of truth and reality has broken through to you. 

I’ld go as far as to say that’s exactly what’s happened.

As you know, I've long been a supporter of Israel defending itself against brutal attacks on it's citizens. I've long been a vocal critic of anti-semitism. Just as you know I have long been a supporter of countries controlling their borders and stopping illegal immigration.

Therfore I'd go as far as to say you are talking absolute codswallop. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

As you know, I've long been a supporter of Israel defending itself against brutal attacks on it's citizens. I've long been a vocal critic of anti-semitism. Just as you know I have long been a supporter of countries controlling their borders and stopping illegal immigration.

Therfore I'd go as far as to say you are talking absolute codswallop. 

And yet the facts and truth of the Biden Administration’s policies on these issues don’t arrive in your inbox until 29th January 2024.

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And yet the facts and truth of the Biden Administration’s policies on these issues don’t arrive in your inbox until 29th January 2024.

Actually I was responding to the title of the thread, which was created on the 28th not the 29th. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Your interpretation of this statement -The proposed Senate immigration bill includes new limits on asylum at the border, including an expulsion power that allows rapid return of migrants to Mexico if encounters surpass certain thresholds. The expulsion authority would become mandatory if encounters exceed 5,000 per day. - is incorrect.

5,000 per day is a 'trigger' number that brings the expulsion power into force immediately when numbers exceed 5,000 in any one day.  To extrapolate that to an annual number is simply misleading as the expulsion power comes into effect way before annual numbers can reach your calculated figure.

Your posit is like saying, 'if I put on 5 kilos in a week that means I will gain 260 kilos in a year.  As you start your diet immediately after gaining 5 kilos you will never gain the extra 260 kilos.

After 302,000 in December, a reasonable person could envision a queue each day to allow 5,000 in, then tell the rest to come back tomorrow.  Whether they'll wait a day, or simply sneak in between border crossings is anyone's guess.  The idea of codifying and normalizing 5,000 unvetted, undocumented entries a day means we really don't have a border.

• Agree 1

On 1/28/2024 at 5:38 AM, Social Media said:

The proposed Senate immigration bill includes new limits on asylum at the border, including an expulsion power that allows rapid return of migrants to Mexico if encounters surpass certain thresholds. The expulsion authority would become mandatory if encounters exceed 5,000 per day.

Did someone miss the concept that Mexico is a sovereign  country? Mexico controls its borders of who enters Mexico, ie., from the US. So while the US under this bill can forcibly send migrants back to Mexico, Mexico has the right to say NO. Or limit by whatever Mexico's policies apply of who and how many migrants are returned by the US. 

2 hours ago, dpcjsr said:

When they cross the border ILLEGALLY they are criminals. If they follow the process they are all welcome! Simple.

Does that legal process include applying for asylum? You do know it's legal for an asylum seeker to cross the border illegally, right?

On 1/28/2024 at 1:20 PM, Hanaguma said:

Kinda simple solution would be to keep all asylum seekers in detention until their cases are heard. Plenty of room to make nice comfy camps in Arizona and Texas. That would remove the incentive for illegals who actually just want to work illegally to come.  There is no reason to simply release people who are undocumented and unvetted, and ask them to please please return in a few years for their hearing. 

They absolutely MUST keep this issue alive and well and living in the US gubmint. It is a passionate distraction from other issues they'd rather the US folks don't think about.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 1:20 PM, Hanaguma said:

Kinda simple solution would be to keep all asylum seekers in detention until their cases are heard. Plenty of room to make nice comfy camps in Arizona and Texas. That would remove the incentive for illegals who actually just want to work illegally to come.  There is no reason to simply release people who are undocumented and unvetted, and ask them to please please return in a few years for their hearing. 

Plenty of room in Tx and Az . Or remain in Mexico while   waiting their court appearance many years down the road! 

imop

4 hours ago, Purdey said:

Why do people forget who promised Mexico would pay for a wall? 

Now border security will be paid for with American tax dollars I guess. 

It was back then as well. Not one peso went into building Trump's wall. Just another con job that MAGA swallowed hook, line and sinker.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Biden left well enough alone there would be no humanitarian and security crisis and now a threat of a civil war due to his failed border & immigration plicies and mismanagement of everything.

Rasmussen recent polling  with poll respondents results…69% of likely 2024 voters said that they support the border wall and razor-wire fence that Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX) has ordered. Among those, a majority, 51%, said they “strongly” back Texas in its fight to stop illegal immigration and the surge of “gotaways” getting past federal border agents.  A majority of voters told Rasmussen Reports that Biden is stoking the fires of civil war.

Asked, “Do you agree or disagree with this statement about the border dispute between Texas and the federal government: ‘The feds are staging a civil war, and Texas should stand their ground?'” 55% said they agreed, while 36% said they didn’t.

Over three-fourths of Republicans agreed that Biden’s threat is hurtling the country to civil war. Democrats were less sure, though 39% agreed.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/biden_administration/border_battle_texans_should_stand_their_ground_most_voters_say

Bidenstartingcivilwar.thumb.jpg.db2865eebf2e8cb5fbead3938ddcaae5.jpg

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2823605/voters-back-texas-border-wall-feel-biden-starting-civil-war/

There are many reasons Biden polling results are very low, routinely bested by Trump on all the key metrics. The biggest concern facing voters now is the humanitarian and national security crisis created by Biden and his failed border security and immigration policies.

He revoked approx 64 Trump era border policies directly resulting in his current border disaster.

This is all very typical of repeated failures, one after the other by the feckless, useless and corrupt Biden. His DHS Sec is another example who has implemented Biden's failed policies  resulting articles of impeachment to be issued. American voters know that Biden has failed them, it's all in Biden's abysmal poll numbers and record low job approval ratings, he's outsmarted no one except himself. Expect him to stand down soon, in total humiliation and failure, all for the worst legacy of ANY in politics.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2024 at 7:52 AM, 248900_1469958220 said:

'Make' Biden look stupid??? Nah......he does a good job of that all by himself.

I doubt anybody DOESN'T think Biden is stupid at this point. It's like, when someone says or claims Biden is stupid it never gets fact checked. LOL It's a fact well know and accepted by most. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, illisdean said:

Ahh, Rasmussen, the king of right-wing leaning, robo-call polling:

Pollster: Rasmussen Research has a pro-GOP bias

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/405965-pollster-rasmussen-research-has-a-pro-gop-bias/

Why the ‘stunning’ poll being pushed by Republicans isn’t that stunning

August 19, 2021

"Let’s start with the pollster: Rasmussen Research.

CNN doesn’t report results from Rasmussen because they conduct automated polls incorporating interactive voice response (IVR) that don’t meet our polling standards. (IVR just means an automated voice conducts the poll rather than a human being.)"

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/19/politics/rasmussen-poll-donald-trump-joe-biden-2020/index.html

The Rasmussen Difference

In addition to being the nation's most prolific pollster, Rasmussen gets a lot of attention, especially from conservative media outlets and pundits, because its polls consistently produce results more favorable to Republican candidates than the overall averages

• Thanks 1