British man arrested in Bangkok for buying sex from underage girls in Hua Hin

webfact

4 hours ago, JayClay said:

Your posting history suggests otherwise...

Do you spend every day chasing women? I already have what I need and have a LOT of leisure time. 😊 

22 hours ago, impulse said:

We'd be into the third page of posters demanding to get the rope had the guy been a Russkie.

it is starting to look like the Englishman is outperforming the Russian, now page 8....

Oh sorry, page 9.

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Simon1287 said:

As someone who has watched the bar scene change all over Thailand over the past 30 years, first hand, I can pretty much say without any doubt at all that finding a 17 year old in a normal tourist beer bar since about 2017 (?) is very very rare indeed and if one was found she would have tricked her way in with the help of a friends ID or a fake ID (of which there are many "legal" ones actually issued by corrupt officials for money) or by the owners wife lying to him about her as she was a friend/family member.

The vast majority of beer bar owners in Pattaya etc etc won't allow an under 20 year old to even work in the bar selling beer in 2024 let alone go bang customers. They know if they get caught pimping her out the police will most likely take over the bar if they can't pay the enormous bribe and they will quite possibly still go to jail. 

For anyone who saw the thread about the German guy who was accused of taking an underage girl from Cobra bar in Pattaya then finding a way to flee Thailand (!)  I seem to remember reading some posts that said the girl was 14. Made no sense to me at all as NO bar owner would be that stupid nowadays so I asked a policeman I know in Pattaya. He was involved in the case and confirmed she was in her 18th year. Ok, 17 but not far off 18 so though illegal hardly warrants stringing the guy up by his balls from the nearest lamppost as some on here would like. He may even have thought she was over 18 for all I know as after a dozen Beer Changs any ID card checking can be a bit cursory and even if sober the girls own mother probably wouldn't recognise the photo on 50% of them.

Simon

I don’t believe that you “asked a policeman involved in the case”. 
Are you suggesting that the graphic board that the RTP produced at the time with location, names and ages was a fabrication?

It was clearly printed on that board that there were many underage girls available and that the German and American were caught with girls 14 & 15 years old respectively. Nice try, but a load of bull…

image.jpeg

Edited by NextG

21 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

What is going to happen to the bar owner? Slap on the wrist or jail time?

did you actually read the article? 2 women have already been arrested and charged with human trafficking.

4 hours ago, uttradit said:

No 35yo man should be chasing girls half his age. That's not a man, that's a boy or a pedo.

Who decided that? 
That’s the sort of thing an older woman would say. Guess why?

They like to define what men should be. 
I just laugh in their faces and tell them what I think a real woman should be. 

Men on the other hand are less ‘emotional’ and more pragmatic. 
They would likely prefer a stable 35 year old for their daughters, who they trusted to take over the reins, than an eighteen year old with only sex on the mind, no money, no accommodation…

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, carlyai said:

If you are a visitor and not a regular at the bar scene, how would you know a girl is underage?

So you pop into a bar for a drink, have a few, then expected to know if a girl (first of all, is a girl, then is under or over 18 years old [if that is the age].

I was in Manilla staying at this hotel and 2 young Americans were having a great time, then I didn't see them for about a week, then They came in one morning and quickly left.

Seems they met some girls at the local Mac cafe.

2 am in the morning so said non-uniform, gun toting undercover police took them out of the hotel and kept them for ransom because the girls from the Mac cafe were underage.

They had to withdraw money from their ATM for the police then off to the airport. 

Boy were they scared.

Probably framed by the police, a common scenario in the Philippines. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is it more newsworthy because the vermin are British and reported on more, or are there just proportionately more nonces from the UK than other nations ????

So surprised to see you comment on this. (All nationalities are suspect)

Instead lets give the Brit bashes more fuel with which to confirm their bias...

That said...    it is a valid question.. What is it with us Brits ?... it seems there are a load of Brit nonces in the news lately...

Is it more newsworthy because the vermin are British and reported on more, or are there just proportionately more nonces from the UK than other nations ????

May be because they import quite a few from Pakistan.   

10 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

So surprised to see you comment on this. (All nationalities are suspect)

I agree...  but while I am usually defensive of 'negative bias towards Brits' on this forum... it does seem that there is a disproportionate degree of these issues involving men from my country....    

Hence my question...    why are there more reports of British involved in this issue, are more nonces from the UK ? or is there another reason, i.e. English language news automatically associates with the UK more and pics news related stories ?...  or is there some existing bias such that this news is more readily picked up on etc... 

Edited by richard_smith237

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

At what point do you stop calling them 'girls' and use 'women'?

You have young lady, in their teens, when they provide their parents with adolescence-related disciplinary problems. 

You have young women, below age 24.

Women above age 24.

Girls, above age 75.

Old girls, above age 90.

Like that.....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

4 hours ago, uttradit said:

Men should date women not girls.

When you go to a bar, whether a bar girl or a normal bar with dancing that serves alcohol, most people assume that because the bar club checks ID, anyone that they meet is legal to date and is a woman.

The challenge, as others have said, is confirming that she is of age.  Can you trust ID or ask the girl?  

Any guy in his 20s is looking for a girl/woman in their age group 

It is the same challenge that people have at clubs anywhere in the world.

On 2/4/2024 at 2:28 PM, carlyai said:

If you are a visitor and not a regular at the bar scene, how would you know a girl is underage?

So you pop into a bar for a drink, have a few, then expected to know if a girl (first of all, is a girl, then is under or over 18 years old [if that is the age].

I was in Manilla staying at this hotel and 2 young Americans were having a great time, then I didn't see them for about a week, then They came in one morning and quickly left.

Seems they met some girls at the local Mac cafe.

2 am in the morning so said non-uniform, gun toting undercover police took them out of the hotel and kept them for ransom because the girls from the Mac cafe were underage.

They had to withdraw money from their ATM for the police then off to the airport. 

Boy were they scared.

all in the plan and normal operations...  

50 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

When you go to a bar, whether a bar girl or a normal bar with dancing that serves alcohol, most people assume that because the bar club checks ID, anyone that they meet is legal to date and is a woman.

The challenge, as others have said, is confirming that she is of age.  Can you trust ID or ask the girl?  

Any guy in his 20s is looking for a girl/woman in their age group 

It is the same challenge that people have at clubs anywhere in the world.

The guy was 35 not 21. No excuse. He was looking for young.

• Sad 1

On 2/4/2024 at 7:33 AM, John Drake said:

I'm sure Prince Andrew knows all about him.

Prince Andrew is an idiot, and I'm not a fan. However, he should have not paid the extortion claim.  In the UK legal age is 16. He was told to pay and I think because there is a lot about Megan and epstine which would have been far worse for the Royals. Plus while in USA he is covered with diplomatic immunity.  When the American woman who was flown out of the uk on a military aircraft after murdering an innocent Brit with her car. So all you Americans get your house in order and hand her over.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, NextG said:

Who decided that? 
That’s the sort of thing an older woman would say. Guess why?

They like to define what men should be. 
I just laugh in their faces and tell them what I think a real woman should be. 

Men on the other hand are less ‘emotional’ and more pragmatic. 
They would likely prefer a stable 35 year old for their daughters, who they trusted to take over the reins, than an eighteen year old with only sex on the mind, no money, no accommodation…

Mental illness for a 35yo man to chase 16yos. Real men don't abuse children.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The question then becomes, did he know that they were under 18, and can they prove that he did?

The question really only is: how old was the girl and was she able to legally give consent. The question, if he intentionally targeted minors would only come up to determine, if he will be placed in the lower or higher part of the penalty range.

It would not be different in a German, UK or US court of law.

As I said before, as there was no backroom deal with the police before it going to press suggests to me, that the girls in question were likely a lot less than 18.

9 minutes ago, jts-khorat said:

The question really only is: how old was the girl and was she able to legally give consent. The question, if he intentionally targeted minors would only come up to determine, if he will be placed in the lower or higher part of the penalty range.

It would not be different in a German, UK or US court of law.

As I said before, as there was no backroom deal with the police before it going to press suggests to me, that the girls in question were likely a lot less than 18.

Law is all that needs to be looked at, under 18 but over 15 up to 3 years in prison for the punter

Section 8. Any person who, in order to gratify his or her sexual desire or that of another person, has sexual intercourse with or acts in any other ways against a person over fifteen but not over eighteen years of age in a prostitution establishment, with or without his or her consent, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of one to three years and to a fine of twenty thousand to sixty thousand baht. If the offence under paragraph one is committed against a child not over fifteen years of age, the offender shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of two to six years and to a fine of forty thousand to one hundred and twenty thousand baht. If the act under paragraph one is committed in relation to one's own spouse, and not to gratify the sexual desire of another person, the offender is not guilty.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

I do and you are a liar…

LOL you are the only one who does then judging by peoples reactions to your posts :)

When I first arrived in Pattaya in about 1993ish just about any farang you could speak to would gladly have banged any of the multitude of 16/17 year olds that were in the bars then (as young as 14) but now most would say they wouldn't. Odd that.

I once asked an old school friend of mine who is a psychiatrist why men had, apparently, changed so much in 25 years. He laughed and said they haven't, only what they say has changed to fit in with what everyone else is saying and some may even have convinced themselves its true, though most will be lying. He pointed out that when men have all moral and legal constraints taken away, as with ISIS and the like, its teenage girls they almost invariably prefer even if they aren't aware of it beforehand.

In fact he went so far as to say that they might actually believe that even if they had permission from God Almighty himself to be teleported a planet a few million light years away from anyone they know and to do whatever they wanted to do with whoever they wanted to do it with that they would choose 30/40 year old women to do it with. Then he laughed. 

He also made a comment about men who post too much on online forums soundly condemning certain things done by other men. The phrase "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" came into it somewhere.

Edited by Simon1287
Typo
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Mental illness for a 35yo man to chase 16yos. Real men don't abuse children.

Who chased a 16 year old? Obviously a figment of your sick imagination. Best you see a psychologist. 

Just now, Simon1287 said:

LOL you are the only one who does then 🙂

When I first arrived in Pattaya in about 1993ish just about any farang you could speak to would gladly have banged any of the multitude of 16/17 year olds that were in the bars then (as young as 14) but now most would say they wouldn't. Odd that.

I once asked an old school friend of mine who is a psychiatrist why men had, apparently, changed so much in 25 years. He laughed and said they haven't, only what they say has changed to fit in with what everyone else is saying and some may even have convinced themselves its true, though most will be lying. He pointed out that when men have all moral and legal constraints taken away, as with ISIS and the like, its teenage girls they almost invariably prefer even if they aren't aware of it beforehand.

In fact he went so far as to say that they might actually believe that even if they had permission from God Almighty himself to be teleported a planet a few million light years away from anyone they know and to do whatever they wanted to do with whoever they wanted to do it with that they would choose 30/40 year old women to do it with. Then he laughed. 

He also made a comment about men who post too much on online forums soundly condemning certain things done by other men. The phrase "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" came into it somewhere.

First you ”spoke to a policeman involved with the case”. Here you “spoke to a friend who is a psychiatrist”

I say you are full of excrement and you should head for the toilet before you burst. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1