Govt Wants People to Reduce Incense Burning for Chinese New Year to Stop Air Pollution

webfact

16 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Example just now near Khon Kaen

Screenshot 2024-02-08 075827.png

Does the police have access to this app?  Is there a website I could guide them to? How would I check the area around me in Nong Prue?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, mikebell said:

Thank you.  My area seems remarkably fire free despite clouds of smoke drifting in from wats regularly burning rubbish.

I think you can filter (no pun intended) the results for 24hrs, now,  etc with the menu in the top right.

• Thanks 1

Agree with all the posters on here re pollution by dirty trucks & burning fields.

I would add that burning incense sticks, good luck papers etc should have been banned indoors years ago but

no Government had the intestinal fortitude to pass such a law

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

On February 7th, 2024, Mr. Karom Phonphonklang, the Deputy Government Spokesperson, gave a statement for the Chinese New Year Celebration from February 8th to the 10, emphasizing monitoring the lighting of incense, candles, firecrackers, and burning of paper money.

Yes, this will solve the problem of air pollution... LOL - Seems, unlike others, the incense, candle and firecracker makers have not much of a lobby with government politicians. They must have forgotten to deliver brown envelopes...

• Haha 2

Out on the bike this morning, verges burning, fields on fire, rubbish smouldering way then dumbchai screams past in his piece of junk truck spewing black smoke and these clowns was to reduce incense sticks 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

On February 7th, 2024, Mr. Karom Phonphonklang, the Deputy Government Spokesperson, gave a statement for the Chinese New Year Celebration from February 8th to the 10, emphasizing monitoring the lighting of incense, candles, firecrackers, and burning of paper money.

Will they also ban water fights during the 3-week Songkran festival to save water????

Dumb-asses.

• Agree 1