Tucker Carlson: Putin takes charge as TV host gives free rein to Kremlin

Social Media

29 minutes ago, uttradit said:

It didn't stop you. Daft and unrelated.

Please show me where I am not stating facts. Then show me where you are not stating opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, retarius said:

A great job by Tucker and Mr Putin. I do hope that viewers were comforted by Putin's grasp of history, by his calm demeanour, and that they believed his lack of desire to invade the whole of Europe. The event seemed to be meant to present Mr Putin as the calm and reasonable humanitarian man that I believe he is. 

Th e communications strategy for the Kremlin seem to be that Medvedev delivers the strength warnings of nuclear Armageddon and Putin is more restrained in his pronouncements.....bad cop/good cop if you like. 

4 hours ago, Woof999 said:

The reasonable humanitarian man that has dictated the results of his own elections for around 2 decades? The good cop that does not allow ANY kind of free speech from his underlings that doesn't exactly match his vision? The man of the people that poisons or imprisons anyone even remotely popular as a political opponent?

Yeah, what a man. What an idol. Surely someone to look up to.

Can you please expand on Putin being a calm and reasonable humanitarian. A reply to Woof999's comments would be nice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Yes, I am so relieved that Mr. Putin expressed his lack of desire to invade the whole of Europe, that he has no more “territorial demands.” The expression I’m looking for, I think, is “Peace for our time”! And his calm demeanor, too, is reassuring to those of us who doubted his wisdom and humanitarian-ness. He’s not shouting into a microphone or foaming at the mouth or wearing a funny, military-looking uniform, so he can’t be a dictator!

The good cop/bad cop scenario that you lay out is a good one. So smart! Medvedev and Lavrov can go all public with their doomsday talk, but Tucker’s sharp questioning during his interview has so made me feel better that Mr. Putin has a firm handle on things!

Edited. I did not get it at first glance

Edited by candide
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Putin is losing badly, and no amount of softball questions from a puppet journalist can hide the facts.

His life is probably better than yours. If being a billionaire dictator, living in palaces with maids and chefs, women at your call is losing then what is David doing on Soi 6?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, uttradit said:

His life is probably better than yours. If being a billionaire dictator, living in palaces with maids and chefs, women at your call is losing then what is David doing on Soi 6?

So Putin is a failure as a leader but a success as a kleptocrat.  Do you think that's a good thing?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

The surest sign that a poster can't back up his claims is when he tells others to do the research instead.

I've done my research, others need to do the same.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, hotchilli said:

I'm not the one who needs to climb out of a hole and see the light.

No, I think you are.

What sources do you cite to support your posts?

Before you divert by challenging me to do the same, scroll up the page and you'll see.

• Thanks 1