Opinion: The Case Against Israel Rests on Lies

Social Media

53 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Alot of nonsense in this post. And a very poor defense of Israel and the extremists driving this attempt to exterminate the Palestinians and destroy their land, Syria style. 

As posted previously:

The IDF response was ridiculously disproportionate, the number of women and children killed was horrendous, and Israel is paying an enormous price for this hatred and racism toward the Palestinian people, who are about 2 genetic markers away from being Israeli.

Israel is losing more allies by the day, the US in on the cusp of withdrawing aid, and the extremist Netanyahu is finding himself in a more indefensible position, by the day.

Between 1 January and 12 February, 51 per cent of missions planned by humanitarian partners to deliver aid and undertake assessments to areas to the north of Wadi Gaza were denied access by the Israeli authorities. More than 625,000 students and nearly 23,000 teachers in the Gaza Strip have been affected by school closures and attacks on education, leaving them with no access to education or a safe place. According to the Ministry of Education, as of 6 February, more than 4,851 students and 239 educational staff have been killed and more than 8,227 students and 836 teachers have been injured in the Gaza Strip since 7 October.

Speaking earlier Sunday at the African Union summit, Lula called Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip a "genocide." What is

happening in the Gaza Strip with the Palestinian people has no parallel in history.

South Africa, which 

accused Israel in the unprecedented case, argued Israel’s air and ground assaults on Gaza were intended to “bring about the destruction” of its Palestinian population.

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-02-18-24/index.html

Between 1 January and 12 February, 51 per cent of missions planned by humanitarian partners to deliver aid and undertake assessments to areas to the north of Wadi Gaza were denied access by the Israeli authorities. 

Not according to Israel

image.png.c7f2d153e31e1b56d7c5725ea43f09c2.png

https://twitter.com/cogatonline/status/1760643097225261390

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps you have forgotten the 28,xxx Palestinian deaths and the 65,xxx Palestinian injured since October 7th by the indiscriminate actions of the IDF. Not to mention the illegal withholding of food, water, electricity and medical supplies by the Israeli government, not to mention the total land sea and air blockade by the Israeli government of the entire Gaza strip.

No I haven't, and I haven't forgotten the civilian deaths during WWII to eradicate the aggressors, which was far worse.  

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

If Israel bombs civilians it's self defense but if Hamas do it it's terrorism? Is that your message?

That would not be my message, my message would be don't blame Israel for a war that the Palestian terrorists started and furthermore have promised more 7/10s. Do you object to Israel defending itself, should they just lay down their weapons just to please people that don't think logically. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a sea change in the US position if the ICJ order a cease fire and / or rule that the Israeli occupation of Gaza and parts of the west bank are illegal.

She says the United States is making considerable efforts to come into compliance, despite serious obstacles within its own constitutional system.

https://www.cfr.org/video/united-states-and-icj

The US will never 'change sides' whatever the ICJ says. AIPAC have death grip on the throats of the American legislature and many members as dual Israeli/Americans. With the politics being so close, neither side can afford to lose seats when AIPAC slams them for voting to dump Israel.

28 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

That would not be my message, my message would be don't blame Israel for a war that the Palestian terrorists started and furthermore have promised more 7/10s. Do you object to Israel defending itself, should they just lay down their weapons just to please people that don't think logically. 

The only way Israel will ever be able to live in peace will be to negotiate a two-state solution. If they continue in this conflict with the Palestinians, even if they "win," the other Arab countries will never accept Israel's complete acquisition of Palestine.

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, retarius said:

The US will never 'change sides' whatever the ICJ says. AIPAC have death grip on the throats of the American legislature and many members as dual Israeli/Americans. With the politics being so close, neither side can afford to lose seats when AIPAC slams them for voting to dump Israel.

I hope you are wrong and the US will not exactly "change sides" but will change its position of totally backing Israel and try to steer them into a two-state solution.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

The only way Israel will ever be able to live in peace will be to negotiate a two-state solution. If they continue in this conflict with the Palestinians, even if they "win," the other Arab countries will never accept Israel's complete acquisition of Palestine.

Nor will the rest of the world.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, transam said:

To me it is, finishing something an aggressor starts, always civilians caught in the middle.

Hitler was voted into power, so was Hamas, their aggression failed, causing misery for others.

It has now been found that underground Gaza is built for one thing, attacks on Israel funded by Iran, this underground military hideaway must have taken years to complete ready for the onslaught, it has failed.

The biggest difference between how we think about what happened in WWI and WWII and this conflict is that "we" (the home countries of most of us posting here) were the winners. And, as you all know, the winners get to write the history. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

The biggest difference between how we think about what happened in WWI and WWII and this conflict is that "we" (the home countries of most of us posting here) were the winners. And, as you all know, the winners get to write the history. 

But many didn't, ask my mum about East London in 1940, if you could........:coffee1:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Tell that to Hamas and the majority of Palestinians who also don't want a 2 state solution, its not just Israel but you always blame only Israel

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

You are like a record player that is stuck and just keeps repeating unworkable and unwanted solutions. And while we're on the subject of "other Arab countries" none of them seem too keen to accept Palestinians, I wonder why.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I hope you are wrong and the US will not exactly "change sides" but will change its position of totally backing Israel and try to steer them into a two-state solution.

Biden himself has said he is a Zionist that does not stop him wanting a 2 state solution for Israel

The context of Biden's statement that he is a Zionist is that he supports Israel's right to a sovereign state. He takes exception to the current Zionist ideology of no Palestinian state as espoused by Netanyahu and his war cabinet. The remarks were also made days after the Hamas terrorist attack.

But Biden also recognized another challenge, according to a classified Israeli document describing the meeting and obtained by Israel’s Channel 13 in 2020. He told Meir that Israel should begin relinquishing Palestinian territory that had been seized during the Six-Day War of 1967.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-israel-gaza-dachau-holocaust-hamas-919058eec36dca4c06cf9fc4355fe302

Biden reportedly pressed Begin to halt the building of Jewish settlements in the West Bank, while some of his colleagues were critical of other aspects of Israel’s policies.

″I think it is fair to say that in my eight years in Washington I’ve never seen such an angry session with a foreign head of state,″ Sen. Paul Tsongas, a Massachusetts Democrat, told reporters after the meeting.

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-israel-government-and-politics-8865a9b89162df255c6707736610a7af

35 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
44 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Tell that to Hamas and the majority of Palestinians who also don't want a 2 state solution, its not just Israel but you always blame only Israel

Of course, NEITHER side wants a two-state solution. That's why I've used the word "negotiate."

35 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You are like a record player that is stuck and just keeps repeating unworkable and unwanted solutions. And while we're on the subject of "other Arab countries" none of them seem too keen to accept Palestinians, I wonder why.

I think you'll find I'm more like a "crystal ball." That will be when a "negotiated' two-state solution is forced on both parties.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The context of Biden's statement that he is a Zionist is that he supports Israel's right to a sovereign state. He takes exception to the current Zionist ideology of no Palestinian state as espoused by Netanyahu and his war cabinet. The remarks were also made days after the Hamas terrorist attack.

But Biden also recognized another challenge, according to a classified Israeli document describing the meeting and obtained by Israel’s Channel 13 in 2020. He told Meir that Israel should begin relinquishing Palestinian territory that had been seized during the Six-Day War of 1967.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-israel-gaza-dachau-holocaust-hamas-919058eec36dca4c06cf9fc4355fe302

Biden reportedly pressed Begin to halt the building of Jewish settlements in the West Bank, while some of his colleagues were critical of other aspects of Israel’s policies.

″I think it is fair to say that in my eight years in Washington I’ve never seen such an angry session with a foreign head of state,″ Sen. Paul Tsongas, a Massachusetts Democrat, told reporters after the meeting.

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-israel-government-and-politics-8865a9b89162df255c6707736610a7af

Yes like I said he's a Zionist and like some other Zionists he wants a 2 state solution:

37 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Biden himself has said he is a Zionist that does not stop him wanting a 2 state solution for Israel

Some people think all Zionists only want Israel state status

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

You cant negotiate with terrorists ie Hamas

Yes, you can. You just have to be ready to give them something they want in exchange for something you want.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes like I said he's a Zionist and like some other Zionists he wants a 2 state solution:

Some people think all Zionists only want Israel state status

I think all Zionists only want a one-state solution.

• Agree 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

I think you'll find I'm more like a "crystal ball." That will be when a "negotiated' two-state solution is forced on both parties.

An anti-Jewish crystal ball, threads with anything to do with Jews, Jews in Israel, Canada and the UK, very little else, strange that...........:whistling:

Just now, WDSmart said:

Yes, you can. You just have to be ready to give them something they want in exchange for something you want.

Don't be ridiculous, no you cant, not while they hold hostages and still have their terrorist infrastructure available for use along with ensuring that all those who had a hand on 7/10 are either dead or in prison for a very long time

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

An anti-Jewish crystal ball, threads with anything to do with Jews, Jews in Israel, Canada and the UK, very little else, strange that...........:whistling:

An anti-never-ending-war crystal ball. 

• Agree 1