Why release of Thaksin could be a tipping point for Thai politics

webfact

2 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

however, thaksin's party made a deal with the army, so now everyone gets away with it.

And everyone was NOT getting away with it before?!

Edited by Dcheech
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Office of the Attorney-General is considering whether to indict Thaksin for allegedly defaming the monarchy with comments he made in South Korea in November 2009.

Or let him off the hook again?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, motdaeng said:

i do agree with you on that, the army and thaksin shuld be treated the same; everyone should be held

accountable for their actions and punished in prison.

however, thaksin's party made a deal with the army, so now everyone gets away with it. thailand is once

again stuck in the same vicious cycle where the rich and powerful can act with impunity while ordinary

citizens face draconian penalties.

thailand's government and elite should be ashamed, but of yourse, they are so proud of themself because

they could do it agian and got away with it again!

The " elite ", where on earth do they feel ashamed of their misdeeds?

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

555 Everybody in Thailand knows that the justice system works according to wealth and connections. That is just a fact.

I guess if the criminal shuts his mouth and plays with his grandchildren then not much will happen.

But if he is suddenly healthy again and opens his mouths too wide like previously, then I like to see what will happen.

Nice points, however the way I see it is fairly quickly a lot of political / party chaos and re-organizing and quickly the paymaster back in the PM chair. 

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Nice points, however the way I see it is fairly quickly a lot of political / party chaos and re-organizing and quickly the paymaster back in the PM chair. 

I think he can't be officially PM anymore. But he can still control the party. 

On 2/13/2024 at 6:08 PM, Dcheech said:

Much ado & handwringing about nothing. I do not see why Thaksin is any different than the Leaders who did the bloody crackdowns in 92 - 76 - 73. They were all rehabilitated, obviously responsible for far greater misdeeds than the T Man. 

Whataboutisms and comparative analysis usually have little impact on contemporary Thai historic platforms.

Few, if any, recall all those post events or the even more recent Shinawatra eras. 

Imagine what might be if the good Thais [or even interested outsiders] were knowledgeable enough to realize that there's never been any such true reforms/changes of the last several decades......and the propped up theatre has continued on the same up to present day. Same stage, different players. 

On 2/14/2024 at 8:18 AM, webfact said:

This case could harm the justice system’s reputation.

what reputation might that be ? these people never cease to amaze me with their arrogant rhetoric.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1