American woman’s life-changing adventure in Thailand

snoop1130

4 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It would have been interesting to some.

It's a bunch of bull obviously. It's just an ad for her tik tok account.

So what?  That doesn't mean that it wouldn't garner interest...as this thread clearly shows!

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Has she had any hospital bills?

Asking the wrong person ... go to travel page and read up, if curious.  Personally wouldn't believe much she posts on TT.

Hopping on an inter'l flight with $7 ... yea, that's almost believable :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, proton said:

People seem to be working now and nothing happens, captain hamburger is another one, blatantly cooking and selling street food in Bkk and streaming it on tik tok.

And that is the best that you can come up with?

Something which has nothing to do with the topic?

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The American woman, Kiaa, chronicled her journey on social media, which began with a spontaneous decision to embark on a one-way flight to Japan. However, within a day of arriving, she realised Japan wasn’t her destination of choice and promptly boarded another one-way flight, this time bound for Thailand.

Why Japan , perhaps she was looking for a genius for companionship ... 🤣

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

How did she get into Laos with only $7? Used to be $5 cash but I think it's now $15.

More importantly, how did she get from Japan to Thailand with only a one way ticket and USD$7.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Unless she made arrangements to not be on overstay!  The article did not mention that she had ever been on overstay.

But you did not answer how long a visa exempt entry is valid for.

How can you make arrangements NOT to be on overstay, unless you have the correct visa to begin with?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And that is the best that you can come up with?

Something which has nothing to do with the topic?

She's working illegally so other people doing the same has something to do with the topic- illegal low life dross who the country does not need, want or like. They are taking the pee and even put it online and seem proud of it.

18 hours ago, billd766 said:

How did she even get into Thailand without a minimum of 20,000 baht, no return air ticket or any sort of visa?

Every day, hundreds of people come without 20K cash, or any visa. No wonder some people in this forum have to flee their homeland because they could not live a decent life there and then sought to live like refugees, possibly using a 'wify' visa. 

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Just listen to yourself.

About 23 years ago, I flew to the US on a one-way ticket, without a visa, with about a hundred (borrowed) bucks in my pocket and owing various people several hundred more, a five-baht gold chain and about 40 kg of excess baggage.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Wow! Way to go Mr Biden.👍

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Unless she made arrangements to not be on overstay!  The article did not mention that she had ever been on overstay.

But you did not answer how long a visa exempt entry is valid for.

How can you make arrangements NOT to be on overstay, unless you have the correct visa to begin with?

You seem to think that those entering VE have no way of extending their permission to stay after the original 30 days, or whatever is stamped in the passport!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

It's really quite sad how social media has devolved into voyeurs paying to watch how others live. And TikTok. And OF. An entire generation who's aspirations are to be internet-famous doing nothing special. Sure- there's money in that if you actually produce quality content and get millions of followers, but probably 99% don't make it and don't make much.

Better than vlogging about 5000 baht for a room and 50 baht for a meal that most people do on Youtube as if they have discovered the greatest thing since sliced bread.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

The $7,00 will be spent on elephant pants so she can fit in panhandling with her backpack friends.

They’ll also look cool when she starts e-begging on Utube along with setting up her gofundme account.

• Haha 1

You seem to think that those entering VE have no way of extending their permission to stay after the original 30 days, or whatever is stamped in the passport!

No I don't think that at all, so please stop putting YOUR words in my mouth.

I asked a simple enough question on the length of a visa exempt (which you still have not answered). I asked simply because never having had a visa exempt entry, I have no idea.

If you have no idea either, then just say so.

So, on what grounds would a person be allowed to change from a VE to a different visa and what would the requirements be?

She would be unable to get a business visa without extensive paperwork and a confirmed job offer from a Thai company, she would be unable to get a married visa without being married to a Thai,

she is too young and appears not to have enough money for a retirement visa, so what does that leave?

An Ed visa and she could become and ESL teacher, IF she qualifies and has a job offer.

There is no sign in the OP about ANY type of visa. There is possibility of Muay Thai training or perhaps learning to speak Thai, but still no sign of ANY type of visa.

You seem to be an expert on visas, so what kind of visa could she get, if she can get none of the above?

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, billd766 said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I asked a simple enough question on the length of a visa exempt (which you still have not answered).

I did answer your question, see my simple enough answer bolded above, and, as a starting point, she could have extended it for another 30 days, then perhaps done border trips to stay longer, who knows, cares or is affected by how she did it?    Or perhaps her entire story was just bullshlt?

You seem to have informed yourself pretty well about business, ED, teaching, marriage, retirement visa. et al, so how come you couldn't also find an answer to how many days an American stay here VE?!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 2

I did answer your question, see my simple enough answer bolded above, and, as a starting point, she could have extended it for another 30 days, then perhaps done border trips to stay longer, who knows, cares or is affected by how she did it?    Or perhaps her entire story was just bullshlt?

You seem to have informed yourself pretty well about business, ED, teaching, marriage, retirement visa. et al, so how come you couldn't also find an answer to how many days an American stay here VE?!

Why would I need to inform myself about VE. Not being a US citizen I wouldn't need to know as it is not something that interests me. As for quote "business, ED, teaching, marriage, retirement visa" they are brought up regularly on ANN which is where I read the information and learned something about the subject. I have also held both a retirement and currently a marriage visa and its extensions.

My business visa and extensions were handled by the US international company I worked for and also the Thai company I worked for. I just turned up where and when I was told with the documentation I was told to bring.

For the retirement and  marriage visa and its extensions, I have always done those myself.

It is easy and called experience learned over the years.

I have never had the need for on and YOU are the one that brought up the subject of VE

• Haha 1

One positive thing I can say is that she seems to be engaging with and having more positive interaction with locals than a lot of older foreign men do, this despite having seemingly limited Thai language skills. Some of this, no doubt, has to do with her being a younger solo female traveler, but one thing I observed is that she has a very humble and down to earth disposition which may make her more approachable from the viewpoint of Thais. Everyone's taking potshots at her lack of planning and vagabond style of travel, but in terms of generating opportunities to interact with locals, she may have stumbled onto something with her approach.