Unruly British man goes berserk on Bangkok-London flight (video)

webfact

9 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

#donkey and soon to be banned from flying as well. Stupid is as stupid does. 

Hopefully! Confiscate his passport.

Put a block on The Passport Office issuing a new one to the idiot. Register them on airline's block lists. I'd say for 20 years so his holiday choices are extremely limited. Might be a lesson to others intent on causing trouble and / or even endangering lives of other passengers and airline crews.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, uttradit said:

Ever seen one on Thai Airways or Singapore Airlines? 

You won't.  They are supposed to be anonymous.  However (from Wikipedia) ......

Singapore Airlines deploys sky marshals on its flights. Such members are armed with firearms loaded with special ammunition and dart-firing stun guns.

Members are usually from either the air marshal unit, the security command or the special tactics and rescue (STAR) of the Singapore Police Force. Members have undergone extensive training to enable them to operate effectively within the confines of an aircraft.

7 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

Singapore Airlines deploys sky marshals on its flights. Such members are armed with firearms loaded with special ammunition and dart-firing stun guns.

Members are usually from either the air marshal unit, the security command or the special tactics and rescue (STAR) of the Singapore Police Force. Members have undergone extensive training to enable them to operate effectively within the confines of an aircraft.

One on every 3 or 4 flights? I bet not on all flights to save money

16 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

7 minutes ago, uttradit said:

One on every 3 or 4 flights? I bet not on all flights to save money

In the USA they ride, but not on every flight. Nobody knows if that particular flight has an air marshal on board or not. It's random whether there will be one on board. They are distinct from, and not employed by any particular airline, so often airline staff does not know who they are. They take aisle seats usually near the exit doors or the cockpit.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

If you pay attention when you "watch the cabin staff they close the door and pull a manual handle to secure it but not 'lock' it", this procedure is accompanied by the general PA announcement for "cabin crew arm the doors and cross-check". Once that is done, everything is in place to prevent "an idiot from moving the handle and opening the door."

Why are we debating this anyway? The "idiot" in the OP was wrecking the dunny door, not the cabin door.

Exactly! why are you debating this? I was answering a comment by another member end of story.

All I am saying is it is a shame the plane didn't return to Bangkok where the guy would probably get the sentence he deserved.  Can't imagine how scary that would have been for any children on the flight.

Edited by stats
off topic diversion comments removed
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Flying is very stressful. It only takes a small irritant to send people off the rails. In a confined space you can be the subject of somone else's frustration.

What we have here is a man apparently going berserk and striking out at fellow passengers and cabin crew staff. Nobody knows what set him off, but it's probably related to the stresses of airline flight.

More likely an excessive amount of booze.  :whistling:

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

When you have low-cost(class) airlines, you are bound to attract low-class people to fly on them. Going back this April, and I made sure not to book any flights there on the "budget" airlines.

I didn't know THAI Airways was a low-cost carrier. :whistling:

12 hours ago, John Drake said:

Before being allowed to board any commercial aircraft, all would be passengers should be required to submit a registered IQ identification card. No boarding for anyone with less than a 100 IQ. That will stop just about 95 percent of these type incidents.

"all would be passengers should be required to submit a registered IQ identification card."  But what about Thai passengers??  😄 

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I wonder why he flipped out inside the lavatory? Maybe no tissues or something 🤷🏻‍♂️.

The confrontations with other people were secondary.

JimTripper, perhaps you’ve been on a few too many trips yourself.

Stress from flying?  No tissue?  Bull<deleted> or Bullocks depending on wherever you’re from.

I’ll put my money on the tweaker was under the influence of meth or coming down off a binge.

Edited by G_Money

17 minutes ago, G_Money said:

JimTripper, perhaps you’ve been on a few too many trips yourself.

Stress from flying?  No tissue?  Bull<deleted> or Bullocks depending on wherever you’re from.

I’ll put my money on the tweaker was under the influence of meth or coming down off a binge.

You're pretty naive. People flip out over small things like that all the time. It's called the straw that broke the camels back. Build up of stress, basically.

21 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

You're pretty naive. People flip out over small things like that all the time. It's called the straw that broke the camels back. Build up of stress, basically.

Stress of Pattaya? Stress of airline food? I did 3 flights in 36 hours, 15 hours waiting. I was bored not stressed. The last thing I would do is fight on a plane. This guy is just a dumb thug. He punches a flight attendant. Mentally a very weak man who can't handle his alcohol and fights a weak target. Why didn't he fight in Bangkok? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, uttradit said:

Stress of Pattaya? Stress of airline food? I did 3 flights in 36 hours, 15 hours waiting. I was bored not stressed. The last thing I would do is fight on a plane. This guy is just a dumb thug. He punches a flight attendant. Mentally a very weak man who can't handle his alcohol and fights a weak target. Why didn't he fight in Bangkok? 

Not everybody breaks. If that were true there would be chaos. However, a lot of people are on edge, have personal problems, don't tolerate stress well. I'm not sure what ideal world you live in, but it must be nice 🤷🏻‍♂️.

27 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

When most of us get annoyed/flip out, we don't start hitting other people , most of us can control ourselves 

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Not everybody breaks. If that were true there would be chaos. However, a lot of people are on edge, have personal problems, don't tolerate stress well. I'm not sure what ideal world you live in, but it must be nice 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Pilots have a stressful job. Passengers don't. I shake my head at all the morons I see in the world. I don't punch them. 

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

When most of us get annoyed/flip out, we don't start hitting other people , most of us can control ourselves 

Not everybody. Some people flip out. Are you blind? Go watch the video again.

Just now, JimTripper said:

Not everybody. Some people flip out. Are you blind? Go watch the video again.

Why did he flip out? Punching a flight attendant is ok with you? The guy should get 4 years jail. No excuses.

They should test all passengers for drugs before they are allowed on the flight, that would teach them a lesson.  

But I do not understand why the plane did not return to Bangkok when the fight started early just after takeoff?  

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

These days the last place in the world you want to lose your cool, in on a commercial aircraft. In the US he would be locked up for years. Here, who knows? Likely depends on how much spare cash he has. Unless he is charged at the destination. It is likely the Brits do not fool around with idiots like this guy, and will lock him up. Good result.

What's happened to him on arrival?? 

He should be put in a straight jacket and immediately sent back to Britain. 

What an absolute idiot, what was he on, another example for Thailand to make things harder for the genuine people that behave.