Unruly British man goes berserk on Bangkok-London flight (video)

webfact

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Do you not believe in rehabilitation? 

If he's locked up, he'll eventually be paroled.  That's rehabilitation enough, in my book.  Someone going 'beserk' on a plane and endangering several hundred lives does not deserve to fly.

The a**hole got lucky that the plane didn’t divert back to bkk. I know a guy from back home who went crazy soon after take-off (bound for bkk, no kidding). The plane turned back and had to dumb a lot fuel to be able to land. The guy had to pay over €80k in damages.

2 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

Still no report of arrest, charges or prosecution.? Strange if so, but I haven't read every page so could have missed it.

He got arrested when he got off the flight in the UK , hes getting charged with GBH and endangering an airplane 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He got arrested when he got off the flight in the UK , hes getting charged with GBH and endangering an airplane 

Thanks for that Nick Carter, good job one of us has his eye on the ball.

Heavy charges, should bring some heavy time but take nothing for granted.

He could have flipped out due to flying anxiety. Would make sense if it started in the loo. Maybe went in there to vomit or wash up or get away from the cabin because was feeling claustrophobic.

It's serious stuff. People hyperventilate and can't breathe and all kinds of weird stuff. Saw a documentary on it. If he cracked the door and people tried to hold him down it could escalate the panic attack.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Still no report of arrest, charges or prosecution.? Strange if so, but I haven't read every page so could have missed it.

From a Met spokeman:

'We met the aircraft on arrival and a 35-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and endangering an aircraft.

'He remains in custody."

PH

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

He could have flipped out due to flying anxiety. Would make sense if it started in the loo. Maybe went in there to vomit or wash up or get away from the cabin because was feeling claustrophobic.

It's serious stuff. People hyperventilate and can't breathe and all kinds of weird stuff. Saw a documentary on it. If he cracked the door and people tried to hold him down it could escalate the panic attack.

Nonsense. They way he punched that guy, was as if he had done it plenty of times before. His stance and motion wasn't just some eratic movement. 

3 hours ago, CDG931 said:

I know exactly what happened.

His Thai girlfriend pushed him over the edge.

Been there, done that.

No, he was using the john and freaked. Please tell us why?

Edited by JimTripper

Why i ask,start of the flight he will be tied up the whole journey then in LHR police waiting.fined banned or whatever happens.Does he want to return again then that will be a problem in the future.I can only guess he is a idiot or high on something before the flight and he will pay the price from now on

On 2/16/2024 at 11:22 AM, ravip said:

As per the recent news items, the Brits seems to be surpassing the number of Chinese & Indian quality tourists.

Never ending.

This nonsense can no continue.

We need to have some restrictions put on them until they learn to behave.

If not it will just continue.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 11:28 AM, The Jock Spirit said:

Pity the Airlines don't have the power to impose a restriction order on people who act in this manner 

They do have that power for their own airline 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/19/2024 at 1:42 AM, DonniePeverley said:

Nonsense. They way he punched that guy, was as if he had done it plenty of times before. His stance and motion wasn't just some eratic movement. 

probably got a criminal record for violence.

It would be good if England refused these morons a passport to travel

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 11:50 AM, spidermike007 said:

These days the last place in the world you want to lose your cool, in on a commercial aircraft. In the US he would be locked up for years. Here, who knows? Likely depends on how much spare cash he has. Unless he is charged at the destination. It is likely the Brits do not fool around with idiots like this guy, and will lock him up. Good result.

On 2/16/2024 at 12:00 PM, soalbundy said:

He's going to have to do time for this escapade, I suppose he'll be all apologetic when the drugs wear off but I doubt that will impress the judge, endangering a flight is a very serious offence and then there is the GBH offence as well.

Nothing of any consequence will happen to him back home. Brits rather punish an J Assange.

Was on Qatar Airways once when a guy got unruly shortly after take off. Flight returned to Bkk and he got offloaded. He wasn't a Brit. It was in business. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Nothing of any consequence will happen to him back home. Brits rather punish an J Assange.

Was on Qatar Airways once when a guy got unruly shortly after take off. Flight returned to Bkk and he got offloaded. He wasn't a Brit. It was in business. 

He was arrested when he landed back in the UK and got charged with GBH and endangering an airplane , which will probably get him a jail sentence 

• Thanks 1