Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What has this got to do with Trump being ordered to pay $355 million?

Truckers for Trump to boycott driving to New York City after $355M fraud ruling
'Chicago Ray' rallying other truck drivers to refuse shipments to NYC in wake of fraud ruling

Stepheny Price Fox News
Published February 18, 2024 7:35pm EST

A group of truck drivers who support former President Trump have announced they will not be driving to New York City as a means of expressing their disappointment with the civil fraud judgment that fined Trump more than $350 million last week. 

This all comes in response to Trump being barred from operating his business in New York for three years and being found liable for more than $350 million in damages in the civil fraud case brought against him, his family and the Trump Organization by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/truckers-trump-will-boycott-driving-new-york-city-after-355m-fraud-ruling

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

In the US, Sikhs are taking over the trucking industry. I'm sure they will be happy to deliver whatever NYC needs.

The Truck Driver Shortage in the US Continues
posted by AJOT | Aug 03 2023 at 12:09 PM

As the saying goes, “Houston, we have a problem,” and it’s a big problem at that! The US has a massive shortage of truck drivers. According to a recent study, more than 80,000 drivers are needed to make up a shortage in America this year. And unfortunately, this problem doesn’t look like it will be solved anytime soon. It is believed that by the year 2030, there will be a shortage of 160,000 truck drivers. This is a worrying figure considering we rely on the trucking industry.

https://www.ajot.com/news/the-truck-driver-shortage-in-the-us-continues

35 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

In the US, Sikhs are taking over the trucking industry. I'm sure they will be happy to deliver whatever NYC needs.

Truckers pulled some silly stunt a year or three ago and tried to mess up the Beltway around DC. Epic fail. Just a big clown show.

Now if it were French farmers, there would be cause for concern.

In Australia, Sikhs have been taking over the trucking, delivery, taxi and medical industry for years.

As your Arabic language skills have come in handy in later life so did my Hindi and Urdu skills for greeting my doctors and delivery drivers. Though Punjabi would have been better.

The Sikhs are a diaspora due to a raw deal in India in the past and lately from right wing Modi. Nikki Haley's parents are Sikh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

So, these truckers hope to overturn the verdict via boycott?

Or are they going to give their trucks to Trump so he can sell them?

It's the MAGA retribution message. The cult runs deep. It's also part payback for losing George's seat. But mainly it's to sow chaos to help Trump get elected. The economy is running too nicely right now.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

'Chicago Ray' rallying other truck drivers to refuse shipments to NYC in wake of fraud ruling

Stepheny Price Fox News

A group of truck drivers who support former President Trump have announced they will not be driving to New York City as a means of expressing their disappointment with the civil fraud judgment that fined Trump more than $350 million last week. 

This all comes in response to Trump being barred from operating his business in New York for three years and being found liable for more than $350 million in damages in the civil fraud case brought against him, his family and the Trump Organization by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/truckers-trump-will-boycott-driving-new-york-city-after-355m-fraud-ruling

Great! Hope they lose their jobs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

so you dont agree with people making a stand against injustice, you prefer people just shut up and toe the line...so how about when you have some issues, or say your pension money was cancelled, you just sit and say nothing? actually, you seem like a pussy so i guess you'd just gob off here and do nothing about it while other take a stand on your behalf

I don't have a problem with people protesting. That's what Democracy is about.

Peaceful Protesters Tear-Gassed To Clear Way For Trump Church Photo-Op

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Here is some good news for Trump fans!

The improving economy under Biden means that you have more cash to donate to Trump.

Some not so good news for Trump fans is the likely imminent arrival of Assange on US soil. Squealing as a quid quo pro to avoid spending the rest of his life in jail might be on the cards.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Some not so good news for Trump fans is the likely imminent arrival of Assange on US soil. Squealing as a quid quo pro to avoid spending the rest of his life in jail might be on the cards.

I think Assange is a true believer who will never cooperate.

Plus, if he cooperates, there may be some Polonium tea waiting for him.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I think Assange is a true believer who will never cooperate.

Plus, if he cooperates, there may be some Polonium tea waiting for him.

Only if he accepts an invite to Mar a Lago if Trump pardons him,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Stepheny Price Fox News

It was just some random guy, and he backed down already.

Edited by Danderman123

8 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Great! Hope they lose their jobs.

Independent truck drivers have more responsibilities and are not entitled to the same benefits as employees (company drivers). They are free to make their schedule, choose their work, and pick their equipment (depending on the company they sign up with)

https://www.cloudtrucks.com/blog-post/independent-truck-driver

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It was just some random guy, and he backed down already.

'Chicago Ray' walks back trucker NYC boycott, but says 'leave Trump alone'

After calling on truckers to boycott driving to New York City in response to the civil fraud judgment that fined Trump more than $350 million last week, "Chicago Ray" has taken back his call to action. 

"I took that video down from Friday bc it went viral and my Grandson seen it on Tik Tok… I stand with Trump 100% Truckers for Trump," a trucker known as "Chicago Ray" wrote on X, formerly Twitter on Monday morning. 

Chicago Ray continued writing that drivers can make their own decisions based on their families and their careers.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-ray-walks-back-trucker-nyc-boycott-says-leave-trump-alone

NB I only responded here when I saw the comment to wit: What does the truckers protesting the $355 million Trump verdict have to do with the $355 million Trump verdict?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Apparently Trump's latest venture into retail, gold sneakers for $399, has sold out.

Which IMO shows (a) some people have more money than sense (b) their taste is in their @rse.

Which is quite fitting, given Trump's own problems in that region.

They are so ugly! 18 dollar sneakers with the grifter's logo slapped on.

He's really not so far now from Cameo, then Only Fans.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frank83628 said:

please explain it for someone as low IQ as me..how EXACTLY did Russia sway the 2016 election... in specific facts, no opinion piece articles...purely facts....

Again. Follow credible media outlets and read the Mueller report. You could also do a simple Google search.

Not sure you can do this as you've really drank the propaganda kool-aid pushed by the far right.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, frank83628 said:

so you dont agree with people making a stand against injustice, you prefer people just shut up and toe the line...so how about when you have some issues, or say your pension money was cancelled, you just sit and say nothing? actually, you seem like a pussy so i guess you'd just gob off here and do nothing about it while other take a stand on your behalf

110% agree people should make a stand against injustice. Legally. The best way to solve this LONG standing problem is to vote out politicians who do nothing but complain and accomplish nothing.

Like this loser.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/05/mitch-mcconnell-joe-biden-obstruction

Mitch McConnell Vows to Block Biden’s Entire Agenda Just to Be a Dick

The Senator from Kentucky is “100%” focused on obstructing anything that might actually help Americans.