Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

12 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

That's hilarious. Nothing at all like the Trump case. 

Real estate fraud. Just one of thousands of cases. We call it cooking the books. Exactly what Trump did. Improperly value property for better loans and insurance. Hardly hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Her comments concerning Trump's performance were quite hilarious.

The only thing that matters is whether Trump had a good time. And, I'd wager he did.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Yeah, that is true, but having the world laughing at stories about a persons junk is very embarrassing 

I wouldn't know, I try to stay away from hooker gossip.

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Real estate fraud. Just one of thousands of cases. We call it cooking the books. Exactly what Trump did. Improperly value property for better loans and insurance. Hardly hilarious.

Not at all similar. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Most of know he's not very smart

https://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/

Donald Trump’s net worth has grown about 300% to an estimated $4 billion since 1987, according to a report by the Associated Press. But the real estate mogul would have made even more money if he had just invested in index funds. The AP says that, if Trump had invested in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion

Most leftists know he's not very smart, just like they know he's broke and he's a puppet for Putin and he's a racist antisemite. 

Had he just invested in an index fund, he would have lost half of it to the tax man, and it would not have allowed him the lavish lifestyle he enjoys. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

No need to guess. Clearly, someone who thinks that unrealized capital gains would result in taxes is clearly clueless about finances. On top of which, anyone who knows anything about capital gains taxes in the US knows that they don't approach anywhere near 50%. Long term capital gains taxes top out at 20%. Even short term gains (less than a year) top out at 37%.

Okay, half was an exaggeration, but New York takes another 11%, yes? 

Had he invested all his money in an index fund, what would he live on? What would he buy jets and whatnot with? 

Let me think, would I rather have Mar-a-Lago and hotels all over and a private jet, or an index fund, That's a tough one. 

Don't worry teacher, if Biden and the left get their way, they will be taxing unrealized capital gains. 

Joe Biden's billionaire tax is dead on arrival (cnbc.com)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Okay, half was an exaggeration, but New York takes another 11%, yes? 

Had he invested all his money in an index fund, what would he live on? What would he buy jets and whatnot with? 

Let me think, would I rather have Mar-a-Lago and hotels all over and a private jet, or an index fund, That's a tough one. 

Don't worry teacher, if Biden and the left get their way, they will be taxing unrealized capital gains. 

Joe Biden's billionaire tax is dead on arrival (cnbc.com)

Again, not a financial expert. You do understand if he had invested instead of starting companies that go bankrupt he'd have MORE money to buy toys? As it is, he has 1/3rd less. Get it?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Again, not a financial expert.

Clearly you are not. 

12 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

You do understand if he had invested instead of starting companies that go bankrupt he'd have MORE money to buy toys? As it is, he has 1/3rd less. Get it?

Do you understand he has lived 35 years and spent a lot of money every year? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Ummm...yes I am. Undergrad accounting and economics. Masters in finance. Years working in the financial field. From banks to corporations to accounting firms.

He could have spent MORE money. Jeez...

I bet. In any event, had his money been in an Index fund, as the article you linked to suggested, how would he spend it? Clearly, he would have to take money out, pay taxes on it, and spend it. So, comparing what he has now, to what he would have had had he put it in an index fund is just ridiculous. Even an education major would know that, unless they had TDS of course. 

Also, what about all of Trumps family members and employees that have also earned a lot of money and paid a lot of taxes from his companies. And had he not been President, his net worth would likely be significantly higher than it is now, the left would still love him, and he would have none of his current legal issues. Even an ethic studies major would know that. yes? 

Incidentally, has I just been smart enough to deposit my salary every month in an S & P index fund for the last 35 years, I would have over $52,000,000.00 today! 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1