Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

The takeaway from the latest news is that Trump doesn't have the cash for the appeal, and the best he can do is a $100 million bond.

Unless Trump can convince the judges to order a stay, there is a good chance that Leticia James will begin liquidation after March 25. Of course, that would be another lengthy legal battle.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Roo Island said:

You seem to not understand that you can get current income from index funds. And still have them grow. Like I have been doing for 20 years. They are way more than double AND i take money out. Finance 101.

Then you should know that that if take the dividends rather than have them reinvest it will negatively impact the total. Do you not know that?

At the end of the term, you would have more by allowing the dividends to reinvest than you would have had you taken the dividends. Do you really not know this? 

You would also have to pay taxes on the dividends just as you would if you were selling shares. Please, you must know this, no? 

From that link. So I'm guessing that you are ok with billionaires collecting social security? 🤔

I think that everyone that pays in should get it. Do you not think so? If not, why? 

Paul Ryan [former Republican speaker of the house] was correct when he did the tax code. What's the first thing he decided we had to go after? Social Security and Medicare. Now, we need to do something about Social Security and Medicare. That's the only way you can find room to pay for it. Now, I don't know a whole lot of people in the top one-tenth of 1% or top 1% [who] are relying on Social Security when they retire.

Paul Ryan was a big disappointment. 

Why should my social security be taxed, just because I did not spend all my money as fast as I got it? 

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Everybody else needs to post 110% before an appeal. Why should Trump be different. I see no link to your claim that he has secured a bond loan already.

I am having a nice day, it started with a nice coffee.

20240229_105604.jpg

Do you have anything that supports you claim that "Everybody else needs to post 110% before an appeal." or did you just make it up like you always do? 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Are you surprised that Trump has admitted that he doesn't have a lot of money?

Just not liquid assets. He's rich, but owning real estate doesn’t always put food on the table. Doesn't seem like the bond companies want RE as collateral?

14 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Just not liquid assets. He's rich, but owning real estate doesn’t always put food on the table. Doesn't seem like the bond companies want RE as collateral?

The problem is that Trump's assets are already debt leveraged.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LS24 said:

I'm not big on this types of videos on either side. But this does explain how Trump is attempting to deal with the courts.

How is that? 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

It's well documented that Trump's trying to get out of putting up the bond. Fact.

As far as I know, no one has claimed Trump is trying to get out of paying, but thanks for putting it out. 

The unsupported claim was that:  "Everybody else needs to post 110% before an appeal."  Your post does not support that claim. Fact.

Now, do you have anything that supports that claim? 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

As far as I know, no one has claimed Trump is trying to get out of paying, but thanks for putting it out. 

The unsupported claim was that:  "Everybody else needs to post 110% before an appeal."  Your post does not support that claim. Fact.

Now, do you have anything that supports that claim? 

Your misquoting me.

You must be following the wrong news. Catch up!

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/28/nyregion/trump-bond-civil-fraud.html

Trump Rebuffed After Asking a Judge to Delay His $454 Million Penalty 

The former president, who is appealing the penalty in his civil fraud case, offered a bond of only $100 million to pause the judgment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Your misquoting me.

You must be following the wrong news. Catch up!

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/28/nyregion/trump-bond-civil-fraud.html

Trump Rebuffed After Asking a Judge to Delay His $454 Million Penalty 

The former president, who is appealing the penalty in his civil fraud case, offered a bond of only $100 million to pause the judgment.

No, you replied to a post with something that had nothing to do with it. Fact.

This is the post you responded to: 

FalseClaim01.png.37b841332ba74addd7d75f67dc92cd5f.png

Fact.

To which you responded: "It's well documented that Trump's trying to get out of putting up the bond. Fact."  Fact.

That has nothing to do with: "Everybody else needs to post 110% before an appeal."  Fact. 

Now, do you have anything that supports the claim that "Everybody else needs to post 110% before an appeal." or not? 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Is that all you have? I never said it was your reply.

You put up a screen shot and said this:

I did not reply to the post. You got me confused with someone else

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

You put up a screen shot and said this:

I did not reply to the post. You got me confused with someone else

You could just apologize and admit you were wrong, but I doubt we'll see that. 

FalseClaim00.png.d70ee016b059d0e99df3d8256e10b0db.png

FalseClaim01.png.1c96634248c19df3d2b4ef6b332ec71c.png

FalseClaim02.png.65417ee6f2c628cd3691058ac80cf6f1.png

FalseClaim03.png.856201294dc00bb9dcac62233874448e.png

FalseClaim04.png.9738500916697bda050cddaf0d119cd5.png

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You could just apologize and admit you were wrong, but I doubt we'll see that. 

FalseClaim00.png.d70ee016b059d0e99df3d8256e10b0db.png

FalseClaim01.png.1c96634248c19df3d2b4ef6b332ec71c.png

FalseClaim02.png.65417ee6f2c628cd3691058ac80cf6f1.png

FalseClaim03.png.856201294dc00bb9dcac62233874448e.png

FalseClaim04.png.9738500916697bda050cddaf0d119cd5.png

Right back at ya. You could apologize and say you were wrong, but I know we won't see that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Right back at ya. You could apologize and say you were wrong, but I know we won't see that.

Well, if you could show where I was wrong, I will happily admit it and apologize, but you have not been able to show that the way I have. 

Pretty weak, as expected.